dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Mistakenly shared a needle with Hep C positive person  (Read 17942 times)

Offline Dog Food

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Dog Food is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 30, 2021, 02:49:57 AM
  • Our Community
Re: Mistakenly shared a needle with Hep C positive person
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 25, 2016, 02:09:58 AM »
I would even take it a step further and poke him with that same needle regardless of if you know he has hep or not.

If you do get it, its a 90000 dollar fuckup that dude knew it was contaminated with.

Let him worry about it for a couple months even if you do it with a clean rig
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 03:22:49 AM »
You are probably fine.  Back when I started using they told is to bleach needles and they were fine.  I have personally done the same thing many times before.  No hep c here, even though I know for a fact there was lots of risk.  Get tested and deal with it then. 

Beating yourself up about it doesnt do anything for you now.

Can you get clean needles, or do you need some? I dont know how much it would cost to mail to the us, but I can look into it if you have no options.

I remember one time I went score with this real far gone hiv + guy I had known for years.  He was sleeping outside and had all of his stuff with him including a plastic bag full of who knows what.  Well I walked out of the subway behind him, and he stops short.  He bumps into me, and I feel a prick on my calf.  I look down and there are half a dozen needle marks.  So I grabbed his bag and there are little needles sticking out all over the place.  So lazy that he couldnt put the caps on or break the tips.  I just blew up at him, and ended up punching him.  It gets me pissed even thinking about it now.  Choosing to share is my mistake, but that is just bullshit.

I stressed for months.  I was sure I was hiv+.  In the end I guess I got lucky.  Hiv doesnt live that long outside the body apparently.  It isnt a done deal.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dog Food

• Our Community
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 03:27:47 AM »
I also always made sure to run hot water thru it completely so there wasnt any dried blood residue anywhere, and take the plunger rubber off and soaked all the pieces in a sink full of bleach.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dougrounds (OP)

• dougrounds is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 24, 2017, 10:33:18 PM
  • ... ... ...
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 09:50:58 AM »
You are probably fine.  Back when I started using they told is to bleach needles and they were fine.  I have personally done the same thing many times before.  No hep c here, even though I know for a fact there was lots of risk.  Get tested and deal with it then. 

Beating yourself up about it doesnt do anything for you now.

Can you get clean needles, or do you need some? I dont know how much it would cost to mail to the us, but I can look into it if you have no options.

I remember one time I went score with this real far gone hiv + guy I had known for years.  He was sleeping outside and had all of his stuff with him including a plastic bag full of who knows what.  Well I walked out of the subway behind him, and he stops short.  He bumps into me, and I feel a prick on my calf.  I look down and there are half a dozen needle marks.  So I grabbed his bag and there are little needles sticking out all over the place.  So lazy that he couldnt put the caps on or break the tips.  I just blew up at him, and ended up punching him.  It gets me pissed even thinking about it now.  Choosing to share is my mistake, but that is just bullshit.

I stressed for months.  I was sure I was hiv+.  In the end I guess I got lucky.  Hiv doesnt live that long outside the body apparently.  It isnt a done deal.

Yeah... I'm able to obtain  clean utensils easily... I was dope sick at the time, so my focus was getting drugs into my arm as quickly as possible...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 10:14:09 AM »
I used my buddy's (HIV and HepC) used fit and I cleaned and rinsed that mofo over and over with this antiseptic cleaner that even kills these obnoxious toads we have here.

Wasn't even sick, just determined to shoot some bloody coke of all things. Madness. Unjustified greed.

I survived but I'm still not sure why I took that risk ... I'm even embarrassed to write this but I did it and I have to own it.

Don't worry yourself, please. Have faith in your cleansing procedure ... i copied this text: the average time from HCV exposure to seroconversion (detectability of anti-HCV antibody) is between 5 and 12 weeks. HCV RNA is detectable within 1-2 weeks after exposure.

So don't sweat it, wait 3 months and then get tested.

The only advice is stay away from alcohol to keep your liver in peak health until you're clear.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:18:13 AM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Raine

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Raine is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2022, 04:07:02 AM
  • Do no harm but take no shit
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 12:06:06 PM »
The fact that you stopped to clean it like that before doing your shot is really good.  If you had immediately pulled your shot up in it and saw the blood, instead of just pulling water...!!? Shit.
Luckily I usually had enough of my own dirties around to not have to take risks with other people's, I always kept some around even if they were used 50x before. I may have had to duct tape some parts together once or twice...so I'm not trying to say I had great habits or anything!

Anyway... it's not that bad, in fact you could have done worse to yourself by not even cleaning it at all and now that it is done if you are feeling bad about the choice you made then what you can do is do what's  right about it from here on out, know what I mean ?  Get tested obviously and do everything you can to minimize risk to the people around you in the meantime. If I were you I would just act like I had it when it comes to precautions taken for other people until you know for sure- like use condoms, make sure no one uses any of your works or even your razors or anything at all that could transmit it.
I think your chances of being clean are good though and I wish you the best. Just get tested asap so it's not weighing on your mind.
Try not to beat yourself up too bad, either. Please.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2016, 12:58:12 AM »

i would be very careful buying spikes from opened packs, dude prolly knew, but ive had friends that keep all their shit together, they keep the back cap on old spikes and have managed to hand me the one dirty spike out of 10. ALWAYS make sure theres that little bit of air between the plunger and syringe, and some brands you can check to see if the cap has been removed (theres a groove on the cap and the plastic syringe where the cap connects, both orange and back cap normally have it, and the groove in the plastic should line up. although lately i havent seen spikes w/ that groove)

Luckily I usually had enough of my own dirties around to not have to take risks with other people's, I always kept some around even if they were used 50x before. I may have had to duct tape some parts together once or twice

THIS. i havent thrown a syringe away in like 4 years. i did a lot of stupid shit like that when i was 18-21 and somehow im the only person i hung out with from that time period that didnt get hep c. now i never throw my spikes out (unless the plunger stick snaps off and i cant fish the plunger out making it useless) my shit gets so dull that it snaps on my skin without penetrating the skin (let alone the vein) but its saved me from even having to consider using a dirty rig. i dont let ppl use my bottle of water either, i dont leave the house without a bottle of water i dont let out of my sight (leave ppl + water in your car you got no idea if they stuck their spike directly into the water)

the worst thing you can do to yourself is not get tested. i literally didnt get tested for nearly a decade because i was so fuckin sure i had hep but i dont.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2016, 07:53:27 AM »

the worst thing you can do to yourself is not get tested. i literally didnt get tested for nearly a decade because i was so fuckin sure i had hep but i dont.

Wow thats a long time to be carrying that thought around
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dog Food

• Our Community
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2016, 09:08:51 AM »
Exactly about the water and people in ur car.   I was with a guy that had horrible habits, was on the run living in a homeless shelter for almost a year while hanging with others whod go steal/return shit with. (The kind of guy whod use a rig from Anyone without thinking twice about it without washing it)

Well i was with him during his last relapse about 5-6 months ago, and i went in to get a water bottle before dude got there. Dude comes, and i left the car for like one minute, get back to the car and hes got his rig dipped in the fresh bottle pulling up water With my god damn water i spent a dollar out of the dope money on. Had no other money/change to go get another water.  Like wtf bro,. You could've at least waited a minute so i could pour some water in a different container or your hand to be drawn up without contaminating the whole bottle.

You never really know, there could be a dealer that is an asshole, who got hep somehow, and could spray some contaminated water on the dope he sells people to infect everyone else since he caught it. You could have never shared anything and because of some asshole, still have caught it

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline candy

• Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • candy has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 22, 2019, 03:23:09 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2016, 05:36:37 PM »
The best thing to do is to be tested. Wait at least 3 to 6 months and do not use any dirty needles or share any equipment with anyone else and then
get tested. It is best to wait 6 months and if you are negative, you are most likely good. Retest in another 6 months to be sure, but in this time, do not share or use anyone equipment that is not your own or brand new.

Better to be safe than sorry.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Harm Reduction...
Enables choices, possibilities, and opportunities without imposing change.

Offline chemicalchart

• Regular
  • chemicalchart is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 24, 2016, 05:15:55 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 04:19:05 AM »
Like Candy suggested, get tested twice. I was tested for Hep C while prepping for knee surgery. The first test came out positive. Big scare. Second test came back negative.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline mickeyaye6989

• Regular
  • mickeyaye6989 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 20, 2021, 12:55:52 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2016, 05:44:44 PM »

Wow thats a long time to be carrying that thought around

Yeah man, I didn't wait a decade but I did go a year before getting tested. In retrospect I would have been a lot better off just getting it over with. On the bright side, it was part of the motivation for me to get clean like I did, and was good for about 2 years until I broke my foot and got scripted 50 1mg dillys for pain (my doc is the shiiiiiit) but during that time I basically substituted alcohol for opiates and was drinking 500ml+ of vodka/whiskey/gin a day for about a year and a half. Realized that it was killing my body so I started using benzos and shit again but opiates are the only thing that make me not even care about drinking, and since they're healthier long term then  Ill stick with em for a while longer.

But back to what dizzle said, carrying the thought around was torture. I would go through periods where it was all I could think about, but for the most part it would just flare up when there was a trigger and I'd almost have a panic attack. Looking back just getting tested was something I should have done right away.

God damn I partied so fucking hard that day I got my results back as all clean. 8) 8) 8) ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions