dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Jumping off methadone without withdrawal . What's wrong with me  (Read 30401 times)

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: Jumping off methadone without withdrawal . What's wrong with me
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 08:41:09 PM »
But how is your sleep quality, depth and duration - is it improving or deteriorating ?

Sleep and temperature regulation have always been the longest to return to normality in me experience.

Are your pupils getting more dilated with each day or less (or stable, for good measure) ?

I assume that you are in peak physical condition and keep very fit, yes ? That's another major contributor towards faster rehabilitation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline tmitchell2818 (OP)

• Reputation Power: 3
  • tmitchell2818 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 13, 2016, 01:56:12 PM
  • HR Networking
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 09:04:18 PM »
My sleep is fine. My pupils are normal. I didn't know pupils had any play with withdrawal? Temperature control is rocky. I'm hoping my withdrawals are mild at worst. If I can make it 5 or 6 days before I even think about methadone, just out of routine more than anything, hopefully my withdraws won't be so terrible..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 09:09:40 PM »
Pupils ? Have you heard of "pinned" eyes - you can watch them become pinpoints after injecting Heroin, for example. The opposite happens in withdrawal.

Just try to find a big dose of Methadone and keep it on hand, just in case. If at all possible. Or make arrangements with your doctor/clinic to be able to rapidly access Methadone should it get hairy.

Peace of mind, bro'.

Keep us posted.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline StM34081

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • StM34081 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 14, 2017, 01:20:23 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 09:11:39 PM »
Taking some multivitamins, exercising, and drinking alot of water may help speed the process of flushing your system. Then you might be able to know a little sooner how its going to go and plan accordingly
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 12:47:34 AM »
Methadone half life seems to vary a lot based on how fast a person metabolizes it. My uncle has been on almost 300mg a day for close to a decade. He splits his dose 50/50 twice a day. By the time he takes his evening dose every day he's already feeling really rough. On the other hand, I was on MMT for 8.5 years up until 2 1/2 months ago when I transitioned onto subs. I did a slow taper down to 30 before I jumped, and didn't have any withdrawal to speak of with any of my decreases. I really felt pretty much the same at 30mg a day as I did at 85mg. I had been on 155 at my highest dose, but had been at 85 for about 5 yrs. I often skipped a day whether on purpose or just because I forgot to take it & never had a problem. When I did jump off at the end of June I waited 5 days before inducting on suboxone. I was just starting to feel a little bit sick on that last day and still tested positive for 'done when my doctor UA' d me after 5 days. I gained a lot of weight on MMT, so that may have a lot to do with it. It sticks in your fat cells, so the more body fat you have, the slower it leeches out (or so I've been told). I'm curious to see how you feel at the 7-8 day point. Keep us posted for sure!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 01:16:14 AM »
When I kicked in jail last year, it was day 5-7 that it started to get bad days 7-10 were the worst and after day 16 it started getting better everyday. 10-16 was like day 4-5 of regular w/d, and days 7-10 were like day 3 which were the absolute worse after day 5 I didn't sleep until day 10 and then would sleep a bit every other night until day 21 I started being able to get a bit of sleep every night, the guys in the new jail I was transferred to at week 3 asked if I got in a fight because around my eyes were so black from lack of sleep I looked like I got a black eye.

To answer your question if you make it to day 10 without w/d your good but if your only going to day 5 thats just the beginning, day 1-5 is usually like the first 24-46 hours of no short acting opiates, after that is when the real fun begins and you contemplate what would be worse continue w/d or jumping into a wood chipper feet first, after you were hit by a bus. I'd say if you are a really slow metabolizer you might not even start to hit w/d until day 7, your dose and tolerance also has a lot to do with when and how bad your w/d will be. good luck but I doubt your going to get a get out of jail free card on this, you probably just haven't waited long enough for the horrendousness to hit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 10:52:35 AM »
My sleep is fine. My pupils are normal. I didn't know pupils had any play with withdrawal?

??

Have you ever been in full-blown wd?

very very surprising to me to read about a dopefiend who doesn't get the pupil thing.

You've been using dope for how long? (my bad if I missed it, not fully awake yet)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2016, 11:44:33 AM »
Just a quick question.  How are you dosing at a clinic maybe two days a week and not getting kicked off or having your dose reduced?  That is odd. Most clinics will boot you for missing multiple days in a row.  Or, if they don't boot you, the will almost always lower your dose when you come back. 

What made you get on methadone to begin with?  Did you have horrible withdrawal symptoms while you were using?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2016, 01:39:08 PM »
This sounds fishy as shit. something is off. It's either me or the op but somewhere, something is amiss. You talk about 200 and 300 mg of done and then 40 mg and then not being sick and not knowing about dilating pupils. You are either a bad writer or a bad troll or a kid or I'm just dumb. Well in addition to me being dumb
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

• HR Networking
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2016, 03:59:02 PM »
You have the wrong idea here, son. I knew about the pupil information, I have for a very long time. I thought there was additional information that I didn't know about other than how they pin when on something and don't when you don't have anything in your system.

I get take homes, constantly throughout the week. Those are just the days I would go to the clinic, but I would be getting take homes for the other days when I went up there. I always took my take homes the same day as I got them. So I only had to go to the clinic once or twice a week now, and I always took all my take homes the same day.

It started out where I went Monday, dosed in the clinic and got a Tuesday take home, which I took on the way home that same day. The, on Wednesday I would dose in the clinic and get a thursday take home which I took on the ride home. On Friday I would dose in the clinic and then get all my weekend take homes, which I took on the ride home. So I could miss Monday and tuesday, but go Wednesday and Friday and not miss too many days... You get it now? That was when I was dosing at 100mgs a dose. So on Monday I would dose in the clinic at 100mgs, then down my take home bringing me to 200mgs. Same for Wednesday. On Friday, I would take the 100mgs in the clinic and then down the weekend take homes to get at 300mgs.

I missed too many days a month or two ago and  they cut my dose in half to 50. about a week later I missed too many days again and they cut me in half to 25. I purposefully dropped down to 20mgs a dose. Now that I get take homes again and have actually leveled up to where I just go twice a week for all my doses ( Monday and Thursday) Picture me taking my dose in the clinic and then downing my take homes thereafter.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• HR Networking
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2016, 04:03:54 PM »
Someone mentioned that I might be a troll. I can assure you that if you think I am trolling then please re read my replys and posts on here to help educate yourself to how I am only going to the clinic twice a week. I get take homes, which I take the same day I get them. Most clinics allow you to level up with time and good clean drug screens. I guess everyone else's clinics don't do that.

After 3 months you go from level 1 to level 2, and you get a take home for Saturday along with Sunday on Friday. 3 more months and you get to level 3, which is going 3 times a week : Monday, Wednesday, and Friday while getting take homes in between. Level 4 is almost the same, except you only go Monday and Thursday. Level 5, which I would be on if I was still at the clinic, would just be going 1 day a week. Yes , 1 day a week and getting all my take homes for the rest of the week. I bet that blows everyone's minds seeing how me only going three days a week really knocked some people's socks off here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2016, 04:30:26 PM »
Ahh! Now it all makes much more sense. I was just having a hard time putting things together. It also makes more sense as to why withdraw would be less intense and further out. I went through a similar deal with klonopin. I would take large doses but I guess they were just spread out barley far enough to never feel terrible. I guess it just gets chalked up to the one free pass theory. Best of luck with the new job.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2016, 12:30:56 AM »
Now that you explained it, it makes sense, but your original post didn't have that information about you getting take home doses.  I think we were all just confused due to lack of information.  Now that you took the time to explain about your takehome schedule, I think we are all on the same page!  It doesn't, to quote you, "knock our socks off" that you get take homes, because most of us on long term maintenance, do.  It's just your original post didn't mention take homes.  The way it was written sounded like you would just show up whenever you wanted and didn't dose any other day.  Again, thanks for the clarification.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:35:18 AM by Lolleedee »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

• HR Networking
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2016, 11:04:25 PM »
Of course.

I realize now I was pretty vague in my original post.

I do apologize for that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• HR Networking
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2016, 11:08:15 PM »
To keep you updated, it has now been a week.  Someone , else where on a different forum where I posted a post like this or similiar to it asked me why I took my doses the way I did, I thought it might be some food for thought to try to help explain my situation a little more, so I'm copying/pasting it here .

I would take my take homes early so I would get a buzz.
After I missed too many days and quit for a little bit before going back to the clinic which, think a week or more. Which during this time of taking 200mg one day, skipping a day, another 200mg, skipping a day, then 300mg, skipping two days or 4-5 days then repeat. I didn't suffer withdrawal other than the mildest of sleep problems which I countered with otc medicine.
I decided to go back to the clinic and try to do it right, but at this time my money situation was much different and I missed the week , week and a half that I mentioned earlier , which knocked me back to level 1 where I didn't get take homes except for Sunday.. So I tried to go back and do it right, but now I don't get take homes. So I took 20mgs a day until I quit, a week ago.
One week later and... I'm fine. I sleep like a fucking rock. I shit normal and eat normal. I'm not taking any medication or smoking weed , nothing like that. Coffee in the morning and benadryl sometimes when I have trouble sleeping.

I'm still worried I'll wake up next Monday and then...

boom-pow-surprise

Knock Knock
 Whose there?
 Withdrawal bitches.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #29 from previous page: September 09, 2016, 12:55:05 PM »
You have the wrong idea here, son. <snip>

You get it now?

Check yourself junior, if you truly came here for help, you won't get far with that lippy bullshit.

Much of your posting implies significant ignorance and inexperience. If you want help from people who've been where you are; then you may want to try a little humility.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions