dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: does your clinic take insurance?  (Read 9983 times)

Offline bignasty (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
does your clinic take insurance?
« on: April 25, 2017, 10:00:04 PM »
My clinic is starting to take insurance and I have great BC/BS insurance so I'm hoping they cover something. Anything would be better than me having to pay full price every week, $100.

Does your clinic take insurance? If so, how much does your insurance cover?

From what I've read, Obamacare and some other law from 2009 (I think) mandated that health insurance companies cover drug rehab and maintenance drugs, etc.. so I'm thinking more clinics will start taking insurance in the near future. Except the greedy clinics will stay self-pay only and won't even try to take insurance if they can get away with it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Güey

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Güey is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 01, 2019, 09:12:16 AM
Re: does your clinic take insurance?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 12:04:27 AM »
Hey, I've got BC/BS also. The federal version.

Its been a while since I was on MMT, but I remember when that Obamacare stuff came out, about them forcing insurance companies to cover these types of things...

My clinic went round and round with them, and they finally said they'd pay for it. But... my co-pay would be $25 a day. :(

Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
¡No mames!

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 12:54:00 AM »
My clinic does not take regular insurance...cash or Medicaid only.

I also have Horizon bc/vs through my husband's employer.  I have no complaints..it is awesome insurance on the whole.  Unfortunately, they do not pay for methadone maintenance, even if I submit it for reimbursement.

They pay for 60 days per calender year for in-patient rehab, Suboxone, counseling and methadone for pain...but in a clinic setting....a big, fat no!!!!!  Stupid, considering it is probably the least expensive option AND the most effective option! But, I digress.

I will just keep forking over my 100+ dollars a week and remind myself that it was WAY more than 100.00 a week to maintain my habit (in reality, it was more than 100 a day!) And that it is a small price to pay to feel amazing and have a great life!

P.s. every insurance plan, even from the same company is different.  If they do not pay for methadone maintenance, see if the will pay for the counseling portion...at least it would save you a little
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 03:21:37 PM »
no (private) clinics in Australia, apart from a few free public programs for the most disadvantaged (no takehomes), can be paid for by any medical insurance.

the Methadone is free though - they ask for payment for the dispensing.

the doctor's visits are usually fortnightly in the private clinics and are paid for by the public Medicare system.

I used to pay $66 a week and eventually got 6 takehomes for that and one dose there.

urine tests were random but it seemed like almost every visit. I did not get penalised for using Meth, pot etc but my doctor was a realist.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline 6-mam

• SA_Chat+
  • 6-mam has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 02:00:13 PM
  • The tea is verrrrry good.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 09:35:14 AM »
How in the hell did those of you spending hundreds weekly or dayly pay for your habbit!?! I couldnt pay more then 20 a day but Ive done 40 dollars worth in one day and that was in no way susbtainable.

the most ive ever spent for dope was 80 dollars. And that lasted me 4 days.

My tolerance isnt laughably small either. I just cant afford much even when working. Id spend 40 to 60 on tar and thats it.

I cant even afford to go to the clinic, i cant work right now. My mental problems are coming out of my mind now that Ive went so low with subs im almost incapasitated. Agoraphobia is getting closer and closer....

My clinic doesnt take my medi-cal, but they do take it. Mine is restriced to certain counties in northern california. The clinic isnt in those.

Im having really bad trouble finding a clinic i can go to. Can anyone help me out? Iim always confused and i would be so thankful if i can get any onfo on a clinic that takes my insurance in my area and finding one.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 08:38:08 PM »
How in the hell did those of you spending hundreds weekly or dayly pay for your habbit!?! I couldnt pay more then 20 a day but Ive done 40 dollars worth in one day and that was in no way susbtainable.
Some folks have regular hustles, some folks have to do different hustles everyday just to get well. It's amazing how much $$$ I've came up with and spent with no job and going to sleep every night thinking I'm fucked and gonna have to take sub tomorrow but then I pull off another miracle and come up with at least $80 to get a half g.
The list is endless but just to name a few....sell stuff, sell stolen stuff, pawn stuff, give blood/plasma for money, get a RX for subs/pain meds/ADHD meds/anxiety meds/muscle relaxers/GABApentin/anything people will pay for and sell them for $ to get your DOC, prostitute yourself, clean houses, bum or borrow or steal from family/friends, any odd job that'll pay cash, etc..

@Chip What exactly is fortnightly or fortnight? I see you use this a lot and try to use context clues to figure it out but I never know what it means.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 06:22:43 PM »

@Chip What exactly is fortnightly or fortnight? I see you use this a lot and try to use context clues to figure it out but I never know what it means.

@bignasty - a fortnight is 14 days or 2 weeks
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline bignasty (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 08:27:21 PM »

@bignasty - a fortnight is 14 days or 2 weeks
Thanks, I never would've figured that out on my own. Seems like it'd mean every other night or something like that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 12:58:23 AM »
bump this thread.

Does anybody's clinic take insurance yet? I'm pretty sure Obamacare is supposed to cover MMT but it doesn't seem like my clinic is getting very far with the insurance companies they're trying to work with.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty (OP)

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 12:50:56 AM »
My clinic is taking insurance now but they're not telling anybody because they don't really know what they're doing yet so they don't want people to know. They're doing "trials" with certain people. I got lucky because I kept bugging them and called my insurance company myself. Here's what I posted on another M'done thread:

right now I'm getting 150mg's a day for free because my insurance is covering it and the clinic said they can't legally collect money from me and my wife anymore.

We went from $750 a month or $25 a day to paying nothing everyday AND their contract date with BC/BS goes back to Nov. 25th, 2018 so I'm most likely going to get a pretty fat refund check for almost 3 months of paying $25 a day for me and my ol lady. I'm so excited because the clinic was our 2nd most expensive expense after rent.

Everyone with insurance needs to call their insurance company and ask if they cover the 'done clinic because my clinic isn't advertising it AT ALL and I just kept bugging them but they were giving me the run around so I called my insurance company myself and they said I was covered. Then, the clinic was still giving me the run around so I called the director of the clinic and told her I wanted an itemized bill so I could file for reimbursement with my insurance company. That finally got them off their feet and they figured out they were using the wrong NPI number to try to bill my insurance.

So they called me in the back in the director's office yesterday and she told me I'm covered by my insurance but "to be discreet" because they don't want other patients knowing we're using our insurance and they don't want other patients trying to use their insurance because they don't really know what their doing yet and they're kinda doing "trials" with certain people's insurance.

I think that's so messed up that folks are paying $87.50 a week ($375 a month) when they could be using their insurance and paying way less or a small co-pay or nothing at all or even getting a refund check like I should be getting. It seems like they would be advertising that they're taking insurance now so they can get more patients and probably be able to hire more people.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions