dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: I actually injected a person with a suboxone strip and reversed an overdose.  (Read 26863 times)

Offline nikita70

• The Second Of My Name, A Woman Who Runs With Words, Queen Of The Excess, MissThInkLink
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • nikita70 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 11, 2024, 02:23:19 AM
  • They don't have bread-WTF?Let'em eat Opium instead
Re: I actually injected a person with a suboxone strip and reversed an overdose.
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 23, 2016, 07:24:58 AM »
OK, maybe I'm gonna get flamed for this but I have to say it...
So, dude was literally blue with shit coming out of his mouth & nose. And you took the time to mix up a shot & fix, then clean up BEFORE you even tried to resuscitate him?? Wtf? I'm glad you aren't my using partner. That's some cold shit right there. It's lucky that he lived once you got around to helping him.

Shit, @Dopeless Hopefiend , I OBVIOUSLY had to miss it. What was the feed for thoughts to me is why the fuck the interval between OD and the "answer", so to say, was 1 hour long... But I have assigned it to my poor command in English and incomprehension.

Plus, @Dog Food ,
that's what I was wonder about, too. Even if this guy got relived/reverse successfully or how it calls, he would end up as a vegatable as well.

By the other hand... let's keep in mind we're all JUNKIES, constantly trying to compromise with being fair and what our habit requires.
So please be indulging and appreciate someone owes his life this guy, ANYWAY. 

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:28:10 AM by nikita70 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A Toda Madre O Un Desmadre

BloodInBloodOutBloodIn

Junkies are like noodles-straight 'til gettin' wet

"Maybe we should follow in the steps of Artonin Artaud and throw our remaining dope in the river,
get flung into gut-wrenching purging withdrawal,drink ayahuasca and eat peyote..." (Roman Totale)

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
for the record, if someone goes out and starts getting bluelipped, open their mouth, make sure their tongue isn't in their throat, pinch their nose and put your mouth on theirs and blow. You'll see their chest inflate with air, you'll see color start to return, do that until the ambo gets there or in between prepping the suboxone shot or finding the naloxone. it saved one of my friends lives when I did it. The ambo got there and was like "whoa he hasn't been out long, he's not even blue yet" and I said "no that's because I did rescue breathing" and they scoffed at me and said "it also looks like you tried to put water up his nose", they were convinced I was a stupid junkie. I said "no, I splashed him with cold water to try to keep him awake and breathing on his own after he stopped, I called you and gave him rescue breathing till you arrived. matter of fact, hold on, I think I have a video of it, I'll post it here, I didn't post the whole rescue breathing thing, but you can see him go out, for sure. Gimme a min:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

It sounds like his shallow breathing made it get worse as time went on.  I doubt he was blueberry-like and the op was cooking his shot over him and hanging out for an hour.  It sounds like he did his best by his friend, and we shouldn't attack him for that.  By all means we should provide info, and advice for the next time it happens.  Maybe it will help someone in a similar situation.  I just don't want to see the op get attacked for doing what he could. 

If you consider that some people wouldn't call an ambulance, and even just dump their dead "friend" somewhere else so they don't get I  trouble, then what happened here doesn't sound so cold.  It sounds like he was concerned and u sure what to do.  When it got bad enough that he had to act he did. 

Speaking only as a member, let's keep it positive and constructive please.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Iamonheroin (OP)

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Iamonheroin has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:December 17, 2019, 05:51:51 AM
  • keeping users safe and informed
Update.. Well I actually did this same thing again. This time it was an acquaintance who had been clean for a couple months.

He did a shot and once again it was fent not dope and he was aware of this before hand. He put 10 dollars worth in a rig and was planning to shoot half then and half later. he was just coming thru town on a trip for business and his boss wanted some shit so im guessing since his boss wanted some he could get it he caved and decided to get high.

Anyway they got a mix of shit half the beans were fent half were dope.  He did the fent ones. He did not even half the shot and same as the other guy pretty much flopped instantly. This guy even faster since he had barely pushed 30 units in and didn't even get the rig out of his arm.

After about 10 min maybe 15 min of trying everything we could my friend (same dude from this origional post that flopped in my kitchen) and girl who I was with said it was getting bad and this is not good. Pretty much saying yea this dude needs medical help asap. So I took about 2 mg of a sub strip and hit him with it and instantly he came to.

Everything was just like my original post except we were in a car and he was out for around 10 or 15 min not almost an hour.. This guy came to way faster tho almost instantly after I shot it in him.

Anyway I did it again as a last resort before calling 911. I shot a guy up with 2 mg of a sub strip and he snapped back immediately.  Still have only done this when it was purely fent being done so idk what would happen if it was dope.

But yea so I have personally done this twice now. Not saying it's safe or good at all but I may have saved 2 lives now with this method.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
You are a regular saint.

I can't express enough about how much I think you are a vital member of the community.

Two lives could be destroyed if it weren't for your quick thinking.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Iamonheroin (OP)

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
Definitely no saint but in those particular incidents I was a life saver maybe.  Both times after I revived them the high from that is almost like idk if is relief mixed with adrenaline and just feeling like that positive I actually did something good feeling. Felt nice.

Ya if anyone can tell me how I can get some narcan I think I need some of that lol. Idk how or why but the subs have worked twice. But some actual narcan would come in handy in case someone flops off of some real dope and not fent. Like I said  haven't both my experience s were fent ods

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
If there is stuff that contains fent in your area the please post a descriptive warning.

It's really important that you do so.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Iamonheroin (OP)

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
i am in stl and there is fent all over white powder. most around here know that. but yea white powder that comes back a clear solution.

But i read some other posts in the scene saying that some h could actually pull back clear.
i was always under the impression if it pulls back clear it is fent. So is that true or can some heroin actually be clear when mixed with water?

I was under the impression any h no matter how pure will have a light tan tint or some sort or brown tint to it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
I still think you should start a new post with a clear warning as I have no idea what stl means.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
Do you guys have any needle exchange programs there? Here they all give out narcan, they want people to have it. They also offer a class on how to use it correctly. Also, I'm not sure if it varies from state to state, but I thought that a lot of the big pharmacy chains were stocking it now, and you can buy it w/o a prescription. At least they are here.

@chipper STL is St. Louis.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline Güey

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Güey is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 01, 2019, 09:12:16 AM
^^^^ This clown :( Necro's an old thread to plug his site. I checked it out- this guy has every damn drug known to man jaja. I'm sure it's 100% legit...

Just curious, tho... What in the hell is 'Charlie Sheen Powder'???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
¡No mames!

Z

^^^^ This clown :( Necro's an old thread to plug his site. I checked it out- this guy has every damn drug known to man jaja. I'm sure it's 100% legit...

Just curious, tho... What in the hell is 'Charlie Sheen Powder' ???

Deleted the post, but there are some bizzare slang attempts to try to get search hits. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !

Just fyi, but bupe is water soluble.  17mg/ml solubility in water, and 42 in alcohol.  It might actually have been the bupe that did the trick and not the narcan.
If naloxone truly isn't orally bioavailable like they say but I honestly doubt, then it was most likely the bupe in my situation. Me and my SO split a shot. She did hers first and said she was feeling good but fell out while I was in bathroom doing mine. I freaked out and got her in my car and went to a pharmacy that's literally just around the corner from my house and asked them if they could legally sell narcan 'cause I had someone in my car that was OD'ing and not breathing. They wouldn't do it and offered to call an ambulance.

So I drove towards the hospital and was giving CPR or just breathing for her at red lights or whenever I could safely do it and still drive. But I thought about it at one red light and gave her a quarter of a sub strip so 2mgs bupe and .5 naloxone. I put it under her tongue and continued the drive and rescue breathing.

Within 5-10 mins and just in time as I was pulling into the ER parking lot, she started to come to and didn't know WTF was going on. I made her get out and walk around the car a few times before I left the hospital. I wanted to make sure she was truly okay before I left.

She was still buzzed and feeling good but the sub strip had brought her out of her OD and got her breathing on her own again. I guess I used the perfect amount as I'm sure she would've been in PWDs if I had given her a whole strip or maybe even half a strip but I was more concerned about her living than PWDs at the time so I'm surprised I didn't give her a whole strip.

^This might not be the perfect harm reduction since I truly believe everybody using opiates/opioids or living with someone using them (RX'd or not. abusing them or using them as RX'd) should get a bottle of narcan. But it's better than nothing for folks that are desperate and who refuse to call 911 for whatever reason.

I wish they'd do a study on this because it seems to work for alot of people but I feel bad for even telling my story because it might not work for everybody and could make the situation worse if someone is opiate naive and given 8mgs of bupe when they're already OD'ing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions