dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: I actually injected a person with a suboxone strip and reversed an overdose.  (Read 26892 times)

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
Hey just so u know, you said "someone gave me some of those tablets" naloxone doesn't generally ever come in pill form, but NALTREXONE" does. Naltrexone is like naloxone on steroids. No joke. The only time you shouldEVER EVER EVER shoot up someone with a habit with one of those is if u tried 12mgs of bupe already and that didn't work. Naltrexone WILL bring just about anything off the receptors and for a longer time. Think intense extended precipitated withdrawals.

FYI it likely wasn't the naloxone but the bupe that ripped to off the receptors, iirc bupe has a higher bonding coefficient than naloxone and therefore will be the mainly active substance. While naloxone may play a part at some of the receptors the bupe is the main reason that dude didn't die.

Another FYI, had you had to call the ambo, the first thing you do after calling 911 is empty yours and his pockets, take all dope and paraphernalia and stash it somewhere, then drag him outside by the door, all the while making sure he isn't goon blue, if he is, give him some breaths to force oxygen into his body. By the time the ambo and pigs show up you should have all cell phones, dope and paraphernalia in the house, which is locked, and you and he are outside. You tell hem he just showed up at your place and rang the doorbell and he went out after u opened it. This way the pigs cannot search ur place as there is no reasonable suspicion you were involved. Whatever they threaten u with DO FUCKKNG NOT OPEN THE DOOR UNTIL THEY LEAVE. You tell the ambo that u think he has been using drugs as he has been asking u for money lately. They'll know to hit him with Narcan. Also it doesn't implicate u at all. Stay safe folks!!!

Finally, let me say congrats, you literally saved a life!!!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bonedust

• A High Tension Wire
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bonedust has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 09, 2023, 09:03:53 PM
I just read your post about your friend, how he couldn't gear very well when he came to. The same thing happened to me, except I didn't have ringing or just didn't notice it due to having tinnitus. It was just super muffled, as if u was wearing double hearing protection (ear plugs in with noise blocking earmuffs over the ears). It lasted about 10 or 15 minutes or so. Is this a common opiate OD symptom?

My hearing was muffled after an OD too, and my sight was blurry. As I was coming out of it (husband hit me with Narcan) it felt like I was looking and hearing my husband from under water.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it."-Malcolm X

Offline Iamonheroin (OP)

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Iamonheroin has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:December 17, 2019, 05:51:51 AM
  • keeping users safe and informed
Naltrexone pills my friend gave me were prescribed for managing cravings I think he said. This is why I'm glad I post this stuff I keep learning more and more. At first that's what I was looking for good thing they've disappeared.

And good idea about dragging him outside the door. I had cleaned up everything in my room and put all drug shit & phones in a bag to stash outside. Luckily I didn't make it to that part of the plan. Being a weekly pay hotel like setting idk how the law works so I was going to put him in the bathroom and come up with a story. Other than that pretty much planned to do everything you said.

It is still hard to believe how it played out. Like I said he was outt almost an hour not getting better. My gf and I began to high five and were so relieved when we saw the shot start to kick in. His habit is minimal he comes up once a week gets a day or 2 worth of dope and goes back nothing for 4 or 5 days and so on. Been that way for a month or so. That's why I didn't use a whole strip plus safe to start small I figured same as dope.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

Yeah, Naltrexone is a longer acting version of Naloxone.  It can take longer to kick in as well, and isn't usually recommended during an overdose.  I mean, if the choice is dead or naltrexone then obviously you choose the naltrexone.  It just wouldn't be the first choice to reverse an overdose for opioids.

CPR can be a great thing to know too.  As long as someone has a pulse you don't even think about doing compressions, but you can make sure that the ABC's are all good.  Meaning Airway Breathing and Circulation.  Make sure there is nothing in their mouth.  Make sure their tongue hasn't flopped over the back of the throat and blocking airflow.  Put one hand behind the head and one under their chin and tilt their head back to open up the airway if they are having trouble breathing.  If someone is breathing alright, but isn't conscious, then you can put them into the rescue position:

There are quite a few write ups on CPR, First Aid and the like.  I would recommend a course to everyone.  I go every two years personally.  At first it was for work, but I have gone myself even when they chose not to pay for it one year.  It's the kind of thing you never want to use, but if you need to use it you definitely will be glad you know how.

You could browse through this site: http://www.firstaidweb.com/adult1.html  I just found it on google and haven't totally gone through it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
That is great your friend made it out alive. It was maybe 5 or 6 months ago when my girlfriend od'd when we were smoking fent. Even with a month of smoking a shit ton of patches she went out like a light bulb. Fent ain't no fucking joke that's for sure.
To touch on some good hr try to use with some one you trust and talk about a plan for when either one of you od because sooner or later it will happen and during the situation is no time to decide what to do.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:29:51 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
CPR has saved my life once due to an OD - one of two times, the other being with Narcan.

Thom's OD pact is a very good idea and I have entered into one a few times but it is easy to forget because we tend to think that the dope won't be as good or we are too preoccupied with the shot and finding a spot to get it in.

Heroin and other opiates can easily kill you and you must not forget that ... users of Bupe are safer though but people on Methadone can still OD too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline nikita70

• The Second Of My Name, A Woman Who Runs With Words, Queen Of The Excess, MissThInkLink
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • nikita70 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 11, 2024, 02:23:19 AM
  • They don't have bread-WTF?Let'em eat Opium instead
Hey just so u know, you said "someone gave me some of those tablets" naloxone doesn't generally ever come in pill form, but NALTREXONE" does. Naltrexone is like naloxone on steroids. No joke. The only time you shouldEVER EVER EVER shoot up someone with a habit with one of those is if u tried 12mgs of bupe already and that didn't work. Naltrexone WILL bring just about anything off the receptors and for a longer time. Think intense extended precipitated withdrawals.
(...)
Another FYI, had you had to call the ambo, the first thing you do after calling 911 is empty yours and his pockets, take all dope and paraphernalia and stash it somewhere, then drag him outside by the door, all the while making sure he isn't goon blue, if he is, give him some breaths to force oxygen into his body. By the time the ambo and pigs show up you should have all cell phones, dope and paraphernalia in the house, which is locked, and you and he are outside. You tell hem he just showed up at your place and rang the doorbell and he went out after u opened it. This way the pigs cannot search ur place as there is no reasonable suspicion you were involved. Whatever they threaten u with DO FUCKKNG NOT OPEN THE DOOR UNTIL THEY LEAVE. You tell the ambo that u think he has been using drugs as he has been asking u for money lately. They'll know to hit him with Narcan. Also it doesn't implicate u at all. Stay safe folks!!!
(...)

@dizzle

Hey, dude, you're either so smart/clever, either pretty experienced and versed. Or both of them, as I believe.

I do really like the way you're kinda "constantly alerted" as for terms of this game.
This is really not the first time as you kinda always care on people, trying to make them sure/admonish not to be lightheartly, and adding your few cents (actually it's much more than just "few cents", like 1000$ or so, lol) what could be awry perceived as "reducing" some lofty and good deed to the pracsis/first lesson, so to say. Just flesh&blood, so to say.

Kinda tough love, huh?

I like you to be attentive instead of (too much) idealistic in this game, as I am way way highway too much.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:48:16 AM by nikita70 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A Toda Madre O Un Desmadre

BloodInBloodOutBloodIn

Junkies are like noodles-straight 'til gettin' wet

"Maybe we should follow in the steps of Artonin Artaud and throw our remaining dope in the river,
get flung into gut-wrenching purging withdrawal,drink ayahuasca and eat peyote..." (Roman Totale)

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Can you go into more detail about the timeline of events as it sounds like the fent just wore off. I could be wrong.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Iamonheroin (OP)

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
Yea I didn't think about that but I suppose it could have played a part. As I said before I guess all the stars aligned perfectly for him. I could tell I had a clean hit in his vein and also right after the shot you could just tell that's what snapped him out of it tho.

I say it was about an hour from the time he became unconscious after the shot to when I did the suboxone shot on him. I figured that because he was here about 15 minutes before he shot up the fent and after he came to he checked his phone after 15 min or so and said fuck ive been here an hour and a half. Idk exactly the times but it was close to an hour give or take a few.

But he did the shot of fent and within a minute was totally unconscious and unresponsive in my kitchen. I had yet to even start mixing my stuff up. He stayed that way for an hour and was lookin like shit. Blue lips pale face / skin damp clammy skin. Shit even coming out of his mouth and nose. While he was like this I did a shot cleaned the room up and formulated a plot to lay out for when my gf called 911. The last ditch effort was to take half the 4 mg strip and mix it up in 50 units of water and try that. If nothing we do the other half real quick. Then 911 time. About 10 to 20 seconds after I shot it in him he started moaning and moving for the first time since he fell out of the chair. That's why I think it was the sub shot. The hour before could have made a difference also tho. Just like I said all the stars aligned perfectly for him that minute and he was lucky for sure. Im not sure what would have happened in any other situation with him but if it's down to me in my shoes with my background involving the authorities things are definitely serious. I do know that much. Like ur for real dying or close if I'm gonna put myself in that position.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
OK, maybe I'm gonna get flamed for this but I have to say it...
So, dude was literally blue with shit coming out of his mouth & nose. And you took the time to mix up a shot & fix, then clean up BEFORE you even tried to resuscitate him?? Wtf? I'm glad you aren't my using partner. That's some cold shit right there. It's lucky that he lived once you got around to helping him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline bonedust

• A High Tension Wire
  • SA_Chat+
  • bonedust has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 09, 2023, 09:03:53 PM
So, dude was literally blue with shit coming out of his mouth & nose. And you took the time to mix up a shot & fix, then clean up BEFORE you even tried to resuscitate him?? Wtf? I'm glad you aren't my using partner. That's some cold shit right there. It's lucky that he lived once you got around to helping him.

This part bothered me as well. BUT let's remember an OD is a traumatic thing and sometimes people aren't thinking straight. I would think he learned from this. Please don't let people get to the "blue phase" cuz their brains/bodies are starving for oxygen. When I OD'd both times I asked my husband if I was blue. He said he didn't let it get that far. I had seizures both times and when I dropped and started flopping that's when he hit me with the Narcan.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it."-Malcolm X

Offline plasticmanpaperface

• Reputation Power: 2
  • plasticmanpaperface is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 30, 2016, 12:46:50 PM
  • AKA dopetalk.org
    • none
I've been on suboxone and Buprenorphine for about six months now.  don't get shit off the film, and only get a little something off the tabs(Bup,) after many days of doing without. I can't see even bothering with injecting those useless strips. but that's me.

Does you Buprenorphine doc ban you taking benzos? because mine does....not that that's stopped from taking my ativan
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The fire in your eyes, keeps me alive"

Offline Iamonheroin (OP)

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
Lol yes it does sound bad however my gf who doesn't shoot dope was around helping him at first. Also the week prior he was over and the same thing happened with some normal dope and she was able to revive him by slapping him around for 5 or 10 minutes. So I had kind of hoped that would be the case again he would just come to after she was smacking him around.

Ur right if I was the only one there that would be pretty fucked up but I can't say exactly how I would have acted. I've never been the only person around Durning an OD and I usually keep the most calm of anyone involved. Idk how I'd react on my own. All I can say is I was hoping it would be a case like the previous week and my gf would fix things

I haven't had a doctor for suboxone for like 4 years. And I'm not sure what his rules were for taking benzos. These subs I scored on the street and just have for when I want to quit or an emergency. I've never shot any kind of bupe and this is the first time I've ever mixed up a shot of it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
Well, that does make me feel better knowing your gf was there helping. I didn't mean to come off as a total bitch, but the way you worded it before just sounded kinda fucked up. The bottom line is that the dude lived and I guess that is ultimately all that matters.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline Dog Food

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Dog Food is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 30, 2021, 02:49:57 AM
  • Our Community
Just a fyi,  once a person stops breathing, you only have like 5 to 7 minutes or so to get narcan or some antagonist in them before they go brain dead.  An hour seems like this guy was either gonna come back on his own or die (if it was that severe of an od like no pulse or anything). Cause ive seen someone fall out in a car, and get driven to a hospital ten mins later, get narcaned, and wake up alive but no brain activity from lack of oxygen.

Someone can go unconscious and still be alive then wake up 30 mins or longer, ive done it myself many times. Its not a lights out no pulse where narcan is needed but still technically an od.

I still dont know tho, cause when i shot like just under 2mgs of a sub pill (bupe and nalox) about 15 hours after my last h shot, i immediately knew something was very wrong.  Pwd is no joke the worst ive ever felt by far. I just don't get how this guy didn't wake up in the same pwd's that i was in, cause i couldnt do anything but lay in my bed shaking for at least an hour or two until it slowly got better over the next 24 hours or so
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nikita70

• The Second Of My Name, A Woman Who Runs With Words, Queen Of The Excess, MissThInkLink
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • nikita70 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 11, 2024, 02:23:19 AM
  • They don't have bread-WTF?Let'em eat Opium instead
Re: I actually injected a person with a suboxone strip and reversed an overdose.
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 23, 2016, 07:24:58 AM »

Shit, @Dopeless Hopefiend , I OBVIOUSLY had to miss it. What was the feed for thoughts to me is why the fuck the interval between OD and the "answer", so to say, was 1 hour long... But I have assigned it to my poor command in English and incomprehension.

Plus, @Dog Food ,
that's what I was wonder about, too. Even if this guy got relived/reverse successfully or how it calls, he would end up as a vegatable as well.

By the other hand... let's keep in mind we're all JUNKIES, constantly trying to compromise with being fair and what our habit requires.
So please be indulging and appreciate someone owes his life this guy, ANYWAY. 

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:28:10 AM by nikita70 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A Toda Madre O Un Desmadre

BloodInBloodOutBloodIn

Junkies are like noodles-straight 'til gettin' wet

"Maybe we should follow in the steps of Artonin Artaud and throw our remaining dope in the river,
get flung into gut-wrenching purging withdrawal,drink ayahuasca and eat peyote..." (Roman Totale)

Tags: