dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: the straight dope on DMT  (Read 33453 times)

Offline DiacetylKineval (OP)

• Reputation Power: 2
  • DiacetylKineval is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 26, 2016, 10:58:40 PM
  • you can speak your mind but not on my time
Re: the straight dope on DMT
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 08:50:25 PM »
Ive absolutely experienced that, the algorithm thing. But its more like deja vu for me. I did the dmt that caused the major trip(ive only done it 3 times, twice that night, and a much weaker dose on another day) about 2 years ago. Most of the storyline has been about my own life, ive just seen it before, and it has kind of a more magical purpose to it.

Most of what this drug has affected has been my dreams. I can more easily become lucid in my dreams, and rarely do i have an actual 'dream' like a fake trippy story. Typically when i sleep, believe it or not, i go back to the DMT world(however in my opinion its not just a 'DMT World') and speak to people/entities/higher selves, alot about my life and the world in real time. Of course, like a dream, i cant wake up remember it all and predict the future but i still recall it enough to know theres intense stuff out there beyond our perception.

However, these magical revelations have done nothing for my addictions, in fact id say theyre worse considering i have so much im thinking about. And its also these dreams that made me consider we may be being tricked, because for the most part I was visited by the girl i had the trip with, but ive since realized it could be anything pretending to be her.

And no, she doesnt talk to me about it IRL. Leading me to believe its either a trick/exaggeration, or some people are really afraid of what these entities can be capable of. Enough to not talk about it, but maybe still show it to someone else, as what happened in my case.

Maybe not neccessarily afraid. Maybe its like a space time continuum rule, or maybe im supposed to learn certain things on my own, thats certainly been the reasoning behind alot of things that seem bad in my life, and im more aware of that because of the trip/dreams. So even though my actual drug dependency isnt any better, thats not the point. I wasnt seeking that, and i am what i am supposed to be.

Not trying to paint a negative picture here, i think this drug caused an important breakthrough in my life. Its just not the purpose of life to have an easy answer, in fact i might suggest its being okay with the fact that theres no answer, coz we're still alive
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:57:30 PM by DiacetylKineval »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:29:51 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 09:09:50 PM »
Once I had aliens (?) on sport bikes giving me the finger. I really wasn't in any condition to be smoking DMT, and they made sure I knew this. I put the pipe down after that.

I really wonder, how common is it for people to either visualize or encounter other types of lifeforms whilst tripping on DMT, it seems really common. I've had really intense visuals of snakes and cats (both of which I'm really into) on DMT, again, it seems like almost everyone sees animals or beings at some point..

Fantastic "drug" (I'm also hesitant to call it a drug, I think I've heard it best described as a "portal" - maybe a "chemical portal").

I truly think EVERBODY should rip a dmitri pipe at least once, it should be a rite of passage into adulthood..

it's drugs like DMT that make all the crappy aspects of being a user, worthwhile.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Mr.pooper

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Mr.pooper is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 26, 2022, 09:12:34 PM
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 09:40:24 PM »
My addiction was/is necessary for shaping a huge amount of my experiences, and fast tracked certain life lessons. It seems I was meant to go the path of addiction because of the people and places it's taken me. Like life's way of testing and teaching.

Coincidence is the universes way of staying anonymous.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If only I had checked myself"
-Guy who wrecked himself

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 01:47:08 PM »
am i the only person who doesn't think that psychedelics project you into another dimension/doesnt think what you see has any basis in reality? they are fun as hell to take most of the time, they can make you think outside the box out of your normal comfort zone/linear thinking, but there isn't anything spirtual about them. ive tripped on acid shrooms dxm dmt K and some weird K analogue more times than i can count, but ive never seen anything that made me think it was anything more than a chemical causing that incredibly complex machine that allows us to see/think/live to misfire, the same way i dont give dreams any special meaning.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 02:21:03 PM »
I don't give dreams any special meaning either, honestly it kinda bugs me when people do. I never thought, or I guess "bought", that psychedelics could really potentially be spiritual, until DMT. That stuff is on a whole 'nother level. My very first BT hit was distinctly Mayan or Aztecan feeling, and maybe that's kinda what I expected on some level and that explains it, but boy it sure did feel like something a whole lot bigger than just a drug. It sounds like some hippy BS, but I think most people who have had a proper DMT rip know what I'm talking about..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 02:51:28 PM »
Ironic to me that you can see special meaning in DMT but not dreams. Moreover that it bugs you. I only know that DMT is what made dreams have a meaning in the first place.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 03:33:29 PM »
Ironic to me that you can see special meaning in DMT but not dreams. Moreover that it bugs you. I only know that DMT is what made dreams have a meaning in the first place.

Although I get why someone might think that, I think it's about the possibilty that spirituality could actually exist as a tangible substance, which I don't think is really that far fetched..

Maybe the mushrooms and the coral and the trees are trying to tell us something?

Maybe God is a chemical?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mr.pooper

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Mr.pooper is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 26, 2022, 09:12:34 PM
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 05:50:10 PM »
Sure I'm willing to admit all those things were creations of my own brains imagination.

But I also think there are things happening around us constantly that we just don't have the ability to perceive. It's a whole other world I become in-tune with on hallucinogens. Like it opens a portal I can see through.

When the body is dreaming supposedly it's the pineal gland that secreates DMT in REM sleep.
I don't think we fully understand dreams. I saw one study that said if you are learning something and then take a nap and dream about the thing you were learning, it actually helps you get better.

Another theory is dreams are our minds way of subtly preparing us for certain life events. For example in recovery people often have very realistic using dreams. I've seen them come into support groups acting guilty like they really relapsed. But the theory is that's the brain mentally preparing you for the event.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If only I had checked myself"
-Guy who wrecked himself

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 09:03:34 PM »
I think the issue is that when it comes to spirituality, our plane is really the only one that has tangible substances. Therefore, the DMT trip, our dreams, can perhaps align our matter based minds with the more transient realms.

Now i will say this: my dreams prior to the DMT, were regular, wtf was that or oh i know this place type dreams. And though a fragment of my dreams are still 'regular' after that trip, there is almost a clear amount of my dreams where i am a lucid version of myself, with awareness that on a certain plane i am lying in a bed, i know what happened the day before, whats going to happen the next day, and that i currently(in the dream) am somewhere else, yet somewhere oddly familiar. And talking to people that are very very oddly familiar. Sometimes ill even say things like "well yea that was in my human life, oh wait im still experiencing that arent I?" As if this whole life is just a fragment of the knowledge i apparently already have in some other dimension.

And the trip is I remember this stuff even sitting here now, i just dont have that same 'feeling of knowing' as I do on a trip or in the dream.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:20:50 PM by DiacetylKineval »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 09:28:07 PM »
I don't necessarily think dmt connects me to actual entities nor transports me to another dimension, but that is the way I experience it and the way I experience it is more significant to me in my life than what the actual truth (certainty unobtainable anyhow) might be .  I do believe I've learned things about myself and about existence from my trips but none of it is what I was shown at face value.  More on the level of metaphor that leaves a lot of room for interpretation, and more questions than answers.  Personally I consider the psychedelic experience entirely internal, a fun-house mirror type reflection of my own psyche.  But I don't discount the possibility there could be more to it & I don't have access to others' experiences.  It's definitely a thing that one needs to decide what, if anything, it means to them.

First time I did it, not knowing exactly what to expect, I had two friends (a couple) sit with me.  I had a row of these monkey creatures with bio-mechanical attachments staring at me saying nothing while another larger one who was in charge of them stayed behind me out of sight and told me "I can show you more if you want"  to which I replied out loud "Thanks but I think this is enough for now."  my friends, assuming I was talking to them about the dmt said "we put it away for you" or something to which I said "please shut up, I wasn't talking to you."  and with that interruption I was on my way home.  Afterwards they seemed as wierded out by this as I. 

« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:31:55 PM by MoeMentim »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 03:37:26 AM »
That's kind of interesting mr. p about dreams embracing you for the future, the first time I got clean it seemed every single dream was me chasing and never getting high, always dropping pills, not being able to open the bottle, or missing shots and shit, and then one time I had a super intense dream that I remembered vividly where I got extremely high and fell into a creek and drowned, it was the same creek I contemplated suicide in growing up, which still gives me the heebie jeebies to think about. I woke up in a cold sweat flipping out remembering the whole thing like it was real.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2016, 01:29:14 AM »
I'm big on seeing faces and animals on Deems...

Mostly faces though.

Morphing in and out of focus like smoke.

Never interact with my visions though.

Maybe I'm not doing it right? I just like to watch until I return... maybe next time Ill reach out to the faces and pretty animals.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline thetalkingasshole

• Self-Transforming Machine Elf
  • SA_Chat+
  • thetalkingasshole has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 06, 2019, 06:22:48 AM
  • Always with an arm out and a leg up
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2016, 10:01:26 AM »
You guys should try smoking a bowl of passion flower with dmt in it

You'll definitely see all the faces, animals, and machine elves
Just make sure you don't don't have anything to do for the day
And have a babysitter
I almost ran through my campus butt-ass naked when I tried it
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
As I grew up, I opened my eyes and saw the real world, and I began to laugh, and I haven't stopped since

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2016, 02:47:44 PM »
My experience with psychedelics is pretty much limited to a lot of LSD & mushrooms when I was younger and PCP once taken unknowingly, (that was a total mindfuck. I almost jumped off a roof because I thought I could fly). I've never done DMT though. Isn't it the same thing as ayahuasca?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2016, 06:38:33 PM »
It is, something in the ayahuasca preparation slows down your body's process of the drug so it can be taken orally & lasts longer. I'd like to try it that way, smoked the rush is so intense that by the time I'm settled into the experience it's winding down.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 04, 2016, 08:05:48 PM »
Man.... same here.

It seems like when I start to really get that "feeling" (physical) not (psychosomatic) that rising in my chest that spreads into my throat, and makes me swallow hard.

And the zooming balls experience ensues. Its like I run outta gas. And it's over. For the most part.

But such is the nature of DMT. And I kinda enjoy that it doesn't fuck with me long into the next day..... while I'm at work. Or around people you can't have frog eyes around. The folks, your bitches folks and the like.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions