dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Sheriff’s Office Urges Meth Users To Bring Drugs in for Testing. Wait, What?  (Read 16581 times)

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
source: http://lawnewz.com/crazy/sheriffs-office-wants-meth-users-to-bring-drugs-in-for-testing-wait-what/

Sheriff’s Office Urges Meth Users To Bring Drugs in for Testing. Wait, What?

A Missouri sheriff’s office is making a bizarre offer to local meth users. A post on the Christian County Sheriff’s Office’s Facebook page warns that methamphetamine brought in or with ingredients from Texas may be contaminated with Staph or Hepatitis C. Not only that, they’re asking users to bring their supply straight to their office for screening. The post says, “If a positive test is detected using our test ampules, a 100% safe collection will take place by our trained Deputies.”

So many questions!

First, what is a safe collection? Second, what happens to the drugs that test negative? Third, this is a joke, right?

The whole thing sounds like a scheme to trap drug users into showing up with their stash so they can get arrested for possession, or at the very least, get drugs off the street. I have more questions.

First, are people getting arrested if they heed the warning? Second, are people actually showing up for this?

LawNewz.com reached out to the Christian County Sheriff’s Office for some answers, but so far we’ve got nothing. The kind woman who answered chuckled when told the call was about the meth screening, and transferred the call to the appropriate officer. It went straight to voicemail.

UPDATE: 6:30 We spoke with Lt. Lofton with the Christian County Sheriff’s Office. He told us the following:

1) In terms of arresting people who brought in drugs, he says it depends on “the totality of the situation.” It depends on if someone was a repeat offender, the amount they had, if they were selling, or if they just found the drugs and were turning them in. His office would question them and see what the situation is. They also wouldn’t arrest anyone right then and there, because the substances would need a lab test before they can arrest them. He said in theory, they could hold someone until they get the results, but that’s not the plan for this operation.

2) Not a single person has shown up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Z

A safe collection followed by a deposit into a cell.  Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
isn't this illegal ? it certainly is unethical, designed to catch the weak and gullible.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

It's not entrapment for sure, and it has been ruled right up to the supreme court in the us that police can lie to do their jobs.  They can sit you in a room for two days and tell you that your family are dead, and your wife already confessed to whatever so you might as well tell the truth.  Is it sick and depraved?  Absolutely.  Is it legal?  Unfortunately the answer seems to be yes.

Playing on a drug addicts fear is just encouraging criminals to turn themselves in according to the police perspective.  It's a sad, and unfortunate world that we live in,isn't it?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline smalls

• Reputation Power: 9
  • smalls is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 08, 2018, 09:05:28 AM
  • East Coast Hermit
Sounds like this, posted by Taytoechip:

http://forum.drugs-and-users.org/index.php/topic,2501.0.html

Except in this ^^ one, they were "testing for Ebola" not Hep C.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline smalls

• smalls is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 08, 2018, 09:05:28 AM
  • East Coast Hermit

UPDATE: 6:30 We spoke with Lt. Lofton with the Christian County Sheriff’s Office. He told us the following:

1) In terms of arresting people who brought in drugs, he says it depends on “the totality of the situation.” It depends on if someone was a repeat offender, the amount they had, if they were selling, or if they just found the drugs and were turning them in. His office would question them and see what the situation is. They also wouldn’t arrest anyone right then and there, because the substances would need a lab test before they can arrest them. He said in theory, they could hold someone until they get the results, but that’s not the plan for this operation.

2) Not a single person has shown up.

RE: the bolded... Does it really matter if the substance they bring in is truly meth? People are arrested on drug charges even if what they're selling is fake. Could a person be charged with possession because they think they are holding dope, even if it's fake?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
I'd say yes to that ... it's all about their perception. I could be wrong ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
How about this - someone starts a company & advertises that they will happily test illegal drugs for potency and contaminants, bring 'em in!  Think said company wouldn't get charged with a crime?  Fucking cops.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
How about this - someone starts a company & advertises that they will happily test illegal drugs for potency and contaminants, bring 'em in!  Think said company wouldn't get charged with a crime?  Fucking cops.

Companies like The Bunk Police test folks drugs at festivals all over the country.

There's also a few online companies that will test your mdma and let you know if it's adulterated and/or dangerous. These guys seem to get on alright.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Z

Dance safe says this on their site:

Onsite Pill Testing
When approved by the promoters, DanceSafe provides pill testing services directly from our harm reduction booths at electronic music events. Since 1999, we have tested thousands of ecstasy tablets at hundreds of events in over a dozen cities across the US and Canada. During this time, neither DanceSafe staff members nor volunteers have ever been arrested for providing this service, nor have any users been arrested at our booth while having their pill tested. When possible, we obtain the cooperation of local public health departments.
Fearful of federal “Rave Act” laws that can hold event organizers and venue owners liable for drug use at their events, many promoters feel uncomfortable having us provide pill testing services. We always respect the wishes of promoters and never test pills without their approval. We believe the Rave Act is a regressive law that should be overturned. Drug use cannot be stopped. It takes place everywhere——at sporting events, in public parks, and inside private homes——as much or more so than it does in electronic music events. Only by acknowledging reality can we implement policies that protect public health and safety, and the Rave Act prevents this from happening.

I guess that they operate in a bit of a grey area.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:43:56 AM by Z »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
isn't this illegal ? it certainly is unethical, designed to catch the weak and gullible.

It is most definitely legal in the United States. I've heard this same story in the news before, but they arrested every person that walked in. Similar story they had a drive to get illegal guns off the street, wanted people to walk in and turn over unregistered weapons. While there were some people turning in antiques, most people just got arrested on felony gun charges. I don't have the link as these happened over the last ten years and only remember reading about it, but that's the kind of bullshit you can expect in the United States, especially in certain states.

Post Merged: December 26, 2018, 10:51:19 AM

Companies like The Bunk Police test folks drugs at festivals all over the country.

There's also a few online companies that will test your mdma and let you know if it's adulterated and/or dangerous. These guys seem to get on alright.

The bunk police are amazing. Dancesafe has been effectively shut down. They sell test kits on their website, but any festival they have a booth at they don't test shit anymore or even sell kits because of the RAVE act. The bunk police sneaks into festivals, sets up on the camp ground (and eventually most big festivals kick them out for fear of being hit by the RAVE act but they often seize all their product) they have a number you can text to find them, reddit bots, and big flags in the camp ground. And they give away a free kit every single Friday on Facebook Instagram and i think twitter. I've won twice. One time i mentioned i needed fent strips but my mandelin for k was going bad so i was torn, so they just sent me both.

There's other companies online that sell kits, like elevation chemicals, but their shit goes bad in weeks. The bunk police mix their kits to order, so they stay good in the fridge for weeks on end. I won't do coke H molly L K without testing it with at least 2 kits these days. Most coke comes back with some sort of amphetamine in it. Most molly is methylone, and the shit that isn't 9 times out of 10 ismda (simons kit differiantrs the two)

The bunk police does sell the best fentanyl test strips on the market (it's not like reagant testing, you dissolve your shot in water and your supposed to suck it up then put water in the rinse and use the strip to test it but i just test the actual shot. It's like a pregnancy test hold it in for 15 seconds and one line is clean 2 is fent. I've used 30 strips on 30 batches and 29 contained fent in Connecticut)

Btw I'm in no way connected to the bunk police. I've just been Reagant testing my drugs for like 5 years and the bunk police has never failed me. Can't say I've ever ordered from dance safe but id rather order from the company that risks their money and potentially their freedom to sneak into festivals to sell kots (they don't offer on the spot testing anymore for legal reasons. They used to until it became an issue with having felonies on their product tablr as undercover cops and festival security were around. I've been a follower of there's for years, there's a good documentary on YouTube by them if you look up "what's in my baggie")

« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 10:56:43 AM by Tainted »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline bonedust

• A High Tension Wire
  • SA_Chat+
  • bonedust has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 09, 2023, 09:03:53 PM
Yea, like I'm gonna bring my drugs (or myself) anywhere near a cop.
As Admiral Akbar from Star Wars would say, "IT'S A TRAP!"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it."-Malcolm X

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
I once got ripped of scoring H near a copshop.

I was pissed so i actually went to the copshop and told them about my misfortune.

They asked "are you carrying any drugs sir ?"

I said "of course not, that's my problem" (Duh!)

... and GTFO of there.

Yes, i'm "that guy". True story.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tainted

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
I once got ripped of scoring H near a copshop.

I was pissed so i actually went to the copshop and told them about my misfortune.

They asked "are you carrying any drugs sir ?"

I said "of course not, that's my problem" (Duh!)

... and GTFO of there.

Yes, i'm "that guy". True story.

Yeah in the states you'd probably get arrested for conspiracy or some bs charge
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
I only did it to make a point to the police that if they want to clean up the drug scene then BUST the nasty fucks selling BURN BAGS first.

Conspiracy ? Nah ... we all know the drill. Junkies gotta "eat"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions