dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Setting up stem/crack pipe with choreboy (been getting terrible hits)  (Read 74758 times)

Offline Tainted (OP)

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
so, for as long as ive smoked (8-10 years, normally not that often) I've always had a problem with taking my hits. I pack a HUGE piece for my first rip, then medium size pieces (on the bigger side of medium) rest of night.
It could have something to do with my technique as far as lighting it goes, but ive had pros watch and say im doin it right, looks like im gettin plenty of smoke. not to mention, ive tried using less flame, more flame, etc.

but when it comes to setting the stem up, I'm almost certain I'm fuckin the chore boy up. last night, me and my boy got a dub and used a stem that was old and setup by someone else, got great hits, blew out tons of smoke.

Today, we each tried to to replace the chore on our stems. It doesn't seem like it's too tight or too loose, since we can inhale thru it fine. We also don't really see tons of resin dripping down the stem , so it seems like it is mainly staying in the chore.

Anyways, for years, it's like everytime i set up my own stem (and honestly sometimes even when i use other ppl stems) ill throw a decent piece on to a fat piece, ill hit it, and anyone watching can see the smoke going thru the stem and into my lungs, sometimes i even feel like im getting too much smoke, have to stop, and hand it off to a friend to clear whats left in it. I'll hold it for 5-30 seconds and I'll exhale either a real small bit of smoke to a mediocre amount, when I should be exhaling a big cloud (and I'm def not ghosting it.) I get a nice high, but a fraction of what it could and should be. I am not sure what the fuck I'm doing wrong, but when I do get excited and decided to spend money on it, I feel like I'm wasting it.

My technique varies, but i Inhale very lightly, only while the lighter is on it and for a second after I take the lighter off. I spin the stem in my mouth as I hit it (always keeping it level, never upwards once its melted, and very very rarely do i point the end downyard, VERY rarely). I do my best not to torch it, but it has been pointed out to me that i maybe torching it some of the time, because the resin on the glass past the chore can be black.

then i get the chore, i dont know how mcuh i use total, but i basically take it and crumple it up it a little bit longer than i want it and a little bit thinner, then i use a pusher to to push it to the end, and kind of block the end with my finger, so it just squishes down.

right now, after doing the push and smoking a bunch, the chore in my stem is about 3/4 of an inch. it is also pretty much at the end of the stem, like when i put a rock on top of it, if it wobbled sideways, it probably wouldnt touch the glass.

IF anyone has any clues as to why it seems like im getting a huge hit, you can see the smoke going thru the stem, but when i exhale (even if i did so immediately, although i hold it for a while)  please let me know.

Ive googled how to properly make stems and they havent been helpful honestly.i dont know if its the chore or my lighting style, but the reason im thinking its the chore is i was with my boy today, he normally gets mosnter rips, but this time, with his new chore, he wasn't getting near the smoke he used to so.

So, if anyone has some suggestions, tips, criticisms (other than dont do that shit) it would be  greatly appreciated. When I first started smoking, I used to get MONSTER rips, like bell ringers. now i im lucky if i get a small cloud of smoke and a mediocire hit off a huge rock

Sidenote: Does being on opiates (as in, a dose that gets you well, not high) lesen the effects of the coke? (even 6-8 hout) same goes with benzos. cant help but thinkit does dullit
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
Re: Setting up stem/crack pipe with choreboy (been getting terrible hits)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 12:49:20 AM »
I've noticed that although being on opiates while smoking crack can be an awesome combination, it DOES tend to attenuate (lessen, that is) the high. Benzos even more, and it's not a good euphoriogenic combination like opies and coke.

There really isn't much of a "technique" to putting chore in the stem properly. Firstly, it shouldn't be too much. 3/4 of an inch is just about right. And it shouldn't be so tight you can't pull through it. It shouldn't wobble around and move all by itself either. Usually, I or people I smoke with will cut a small piece of chore off the pad, eliminate all the tiny pieces of copper "glitter," then push it in with a screwdriver. You are talking about the novelty glass tubes with the little plastic rose inside them, sealed on one end with a piece of sticky foil that you have to peel off, that they sell in gas stations right? (hashtag at #@ www.I need one rose and one chore please.com) The copper scouring pads that they sell in DC and NoVA are called "Jolly Dude" pads lol.

Only thing I can think of that might be fucking up your hits is that you're not letting the stem cool off between hits. I've found that although you still get a hit, if the rock melts onto and down into the chore when you put it on, that the hit isn't as good. I've been like "hurry the fuck up!" before waiting while someone is blowing on the stem, rubbing it in a Kleenex and shit before. Sometimes I wished that we had two stems going around at a time - one cooling and one being smoked on.

Damn this shit is making me feen like a motherfucker now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 12:53:20 AM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 02:34:08 AM »
Lol I've never had a problem smoking crack... if the shit is good, you'll smoke it... and you get high. The only "trick" I've been taught is to burn the chore boy before packing it in... like burn it black. Probably just some crackhead shit but something something about burning the coating off or something.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tainted (OP)

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 02:40:46 AM »
Lol I've never had a problem smoking crack... if the shit is good, you'll smoke it... and you get high. The only "trick" I've been taught is to burn the chore boy before packing it in... like burn it black. Probably just some crackhead shit but something something about burning the coating off or something.
choreboy has copper coating on it. you dont wana breath that shit in, its REALLY bad for you, so there is a VERY good reason to burn that shit off.

to the other replier, I always let stem cool down before taking another hit, its never so hot that it instantly melts.

maybhe my problem isnt the chore, maybe my problem is how much heat im putting on it, or how hard im inhaling or something. or maybe my lung acapacity is fucked. lately, when i cant inhale any longer (i stop inhyaling when flame isnt on it, for most part) and i suck gently, but after im done with my hit, its still smokin, normally can pass it to my boy and he can get a small hit without lighting it. go figuer

was hopin someone else expeirenced same problem as me, getting hits that should have been huge, but barelyt blowingout any smoke (regardlessof how long it was held down for)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:47:59 AM by Tainted »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline Mr.pooper

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Mr.pooper is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 26, 2022, 09:12:34 PM
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 03:00:54 AM »
Burning the Brillo before packing it into the pipe makes a difference IMO.

Some  peeps swear by this technique, Melt rock into the Brillo, hold lighter underneath Brillo and not directly onto Brillo. Push the Brillo through to the "wet spots" and repeat holdin flame underneath Brillo to vaporize. The key is to vaporize and not burn it. Hold flame as far away as possible.

Mr. Pooper Personal crack favorites...being constipated from opiates and taking a fat rock rip and having a bowel moment so fierce I have bloody shits.

Taking a metal tire gauge and gutting it  so ur left with a metal stem. Get a wet sponge. After taking hits  roll stem onto sponge to instantly cool the stem  down.

Get thermo tape and wrap it around both ends of stem and never worry bout burning lips or fingers from over heating.

Get a bong for weed and get a bigger piece of Brillo than normal and shove it in the bong bowl. Load fat rock on top. TAKE FAT CRACK RIPS OFF A BONG....THAT RUSH.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If only I had checked myself"
-Guy who wrecked himself

Offline Snout

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Snout is now quite familiar.Snout is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:September 28, 2023, 09:42:59 AM
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 03:50:22 AM »

Mr. Pooper Personal crack favorites...being constipated from opiates and taking a fat rock rip and having a bowel moment so fierce I have bloody shits
[/quote]

I had to quit smoking crack about 4-5 years ago, but this brought a smile to my face. What a feeling!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I myself have found a real rival in myself,
I am hoping for a re-arrival of my health- wilco

Offline Guts

• Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 04:22:58 AM »
Why is crack so much better than coke? I actually feel the high is more mellow..  like not as jittery... maybe because the way it's cooked cleans it up?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Snout

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 04:34:43 AM »
Guts, that's part of it, and the fact that you are getting a massive amount into your brain really quickly smoking crack vs snorting powder
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taytoechip

• Above average blanket-fort builder
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
  • magical leopluradon
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 10:04:16 AM »
You know you're in the right part of town when they have individual chore boys on the counter by the register :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

Offline Snout

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 11:36:51 AM »
You are also in the right place when all the cars parked in the area have the antennas broken off!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Our Community Board
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 11:47:24 AM »
Yeah I know that but... it doesn't even feel like the same drug...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 02:37:29 PM »
You reeeeeeeeally shouldn't use copper cho-boy, I heard that about metal weed pipes YEARS ago.

Get the steel shit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:29:51 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 07:15:13 PM »
true.

copper gets everywhere ... I bought some green speed that had been made with copper piping.

avoid it where possible.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions