dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Actavis Morphine ER IV prep? (30mg crescent moon 271)  (Read 21496 times)

Offline Tainted (OP)

• Psychonaut former narcotics connoisseur
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Tainted is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 31, 2021, 08:16:02 PM
  • Former Moderator
Actavis Morphine ER IV prep? (30mg crescent moon 271)
« on: February 28, 2016, 10:11:42 PM »
So I got one of these Actavis mscontin 30mgs. I know actavis recently bought out watson (makers of the ABG which you use ice water instead of the boil drop for.) I got to think that these are brand new because I've searched high and low and dont see them mentioned on any forums, so i have no clue how to prep them and i only have one. if i try to boil drop and its like the abg it'll gel up and goto waste. if i ice water and its boil drop, im likewise fucked.

I looked up the inactive ingredients for the M's the ABG's and this new actavis and the inactive ingredients are making me think I should do the ice water method. the inactive ingredients are exactly the same as the ABG, but honestly ABG is pretty close to the malli's (although there are a few differences)

edit: i got no patience couldnt wait on the chance someone would reply. so i did the cold water method like it was an ABG and it worked. the pill crushed up similar to how abg crushes (where it just kinda smushes down and doesnt totally crush into powder just smaller bits) and first shot worked good as normal. i always do cottons off abg's, especially higher dose pills (which this isnt but meh), this was a little bit harder to get the cotton off of though. sucked up about 50 units easily on the cotton, the other 50 units was gelled and too hard to suck up.
i wouldnt do the boil drop on these, im guessing it wont work.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:29:02 PM by Tainted »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
And sometimes we visit your country and live in your home
Sometimes we ride on your horses, sometimes we walk alone
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own" -GD

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
Re: Actavis Morphine ER IV prep? (30mg crescent moon 271)
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 12:27:36 AM »
You should try the boil drop on a tiny piece to see if it gels or not. You could also compare inactive ingredients with other ms continue that you are familiar withm.

Find the one you know how to prep that's closest in the comparison of ingredients and try prepping as you would with that one.

Edit: just saw your edit.
Haha also didn't read thru your post the first time and saw you had the same idea I did.

With the ABG I use 2 pretty wet cottons on each side rather than 1 so I don't have to scoot the cotton around and waste time.

Can you describe the pill and powder consistency for me?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:30:40 AM by theSWPK »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Tainted (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 12:36:17 AM »
You should try the boil drop on a tiny piece to see if it gels or not. You could also compare inactive ingredients with other ms continue that you are familiar withm.

Find the one you know how to prep that's closest in the comparison of ingredients and try prepping as you would with that one.

Edit: just saw your edit.
Haha also didn't read thru your post the first time and saw you had the same idea I did.

With the ABG I use 2 pretty wet cottons on each side rather than 1 so I don't have to scoot the cotton around and waste time.

Can you describe the pill and powder consistency for me?

the pill is round yellow crescent moon one side 271 on the other, its got the normal coating you got to rub off. when you crush it, it crushes just like the ABG does. it doesn't really crush into a fine powder, it kinda smooshes down into smaller chunks and its really difficult to totally pulverize it into a powder. it prepped up pretty much the same as the ABG. threw the powder in the spoon, dumped 110 units of ice water in, stirred it up for a good 30 seconds tryin to get the bigger chunks to dissolve/break apart, threw cotton in and sucked it up. the liquid was the same viscosity/consistency as you get with the ABG, where it's not quite as easy to suck up as a shot of diluadid or H, you can kinda tell the gels there, but it still only takes a second to get sucked up and ready to go.

edit: since actavis bought out the company that makes ABG then almost immediately released this pill, I think they literally just rebranded the ABG

edit2: just wanna be clear, when i say its hard to pulverize into a powder, it does kinda break down into a powder, but has a tendency to stick to itself into clumps, like the ABG.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:38:19 AM by Tainted »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DreamerOnTheRun

• Reputation Power: 7
  • DreamerOnTheRun is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 15, 2018, 08:45:03 AM
  • d8, GG249, M30, d4, A215, p|d
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 01:10:49 AM »
Do you guys ever get either a dirty feeling from the "high" (idk how else I'd explain the sensation) or tightness in your chest from banging ms contin? I've  done them 3-4 times and always experienced one or both and it freaked me out.  Mainly because one person who did them frequently I know who was actually an MD at one point said it was likely because of the formulation and not the actual morphine.  And added that he was pretty sure it had effected his heart's health. Sorry, not trying to freak you guys out or just be pessimistic--just curious if you guys think it's 100% in my head.

Btw, sorry for going off topic OP.  I just haven't seen much discussion about IV ms contin in a while period.  Prob should've asked in a separate thread.  Apologies.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:13:48 AM by DreamerOnTheRun »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Too strange to live, too rare to die.

Offline Tainted (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 01:25:02 AM »
Do you guys ever get either a dirty feeling from the "high" (idk how else I'd explain the sensation) or tightness in your chest from banging ms contin? I've  done them 3-4 times and always experienced one or both and it freaked me out.  Mainly because one person who did them frequently I know who was actually an MD at one point said it was likely because of the formulation and not the actual morphine.  And added that he was pretty sure it had effected his heart's health. Sorry, not trying to freak you guys out or just be pessimistic--just curious if you guys think it's 100% in my head.

Btw, sorry for going off topic OP.  I just haven't seen much discussion about IV ms contin in a while period.  Prob should've asked in a separate thread.  Apologies.

yeah i definitely do, or i used to anyways. when i first started using mscontin, i used to get a tightness in my chest, especially at night hours after having done any, to the point i kept swearing i was going to stop using it. but after a couple months of using it daily for 2 weeks a month it went away, or atleast i dont notice it at all anymore, but it used to be really worrisome. i would not at all be surprised if its incredibly bad for your heart and ive tried to find direct ancetodes online about people using mscontin then having heart problems, but thats not really easy to do/find.

ive also noticed that kadian tends to give REALLY REALLY bad pins and needles. like, cant just be chalked up to being morphine (avinza would get me higher, without pins and needles SOOO severe) i dont know if theres anything especially dangerous to injecting it, but would not at all be surprised if it was really bad too.

honestly, just about every morphine formulation probably isn't too safe to inject (atleast in comparison to diluadid or roxi) MSContin definitely causes chest pains (i posted about it on opiophile but didnt get much response from ppl saying they also got it, but my IRL friends have said the same thing.) Avinza contains talc and is impossible to get filtered so theres not thousands of particles/sediment in it making it look milky (atleast with cotton) and Kadian is avinza without the talc, but i get the feeling its not good either since the beads are made up of plastic that shatters basically.

edit: the rush from mscontin and the high feels the same as avinza as kadian does for the most part (exception being kadian gives way worse pins and needles) but MScontin gives me chest pain hours after. if your talking about that immediate tightness you kinda get in your chest, i think thats more from the histamines/rush from the morphine.
with that said, my hearts got issues unrelated to doing drugs (had heart diease before drugs, have high blood pressure, get chest pain from rockstar/high caffeine with a cigarette) so im not sweatin the health effects and am expecting issues with my heart regardless.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:28:50 AM by Tainted »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 05:09:29 AM »

Can't say I have ever experienced a tightness of the chest from them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline DreamerOnTheRun

• Reputation Power: 7
  • DreamerOnTheRun is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 15, 2018, 08:45:03 AM
  • d8, GG249, M30, d4, A215, p|d
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 10:59:17 AM »
Well I guess regardless of the direct cause it sounds like it's not just psychological.  But yeah the only comparisons I really have are exactly what you mentioned (dilaudid & roxis) which I get a lot "cleaner" of a buzz & no tightness in my chest.  The rush I get from D's is more intense than the morphine so I know it's not the rush, but the histamine reaction is a def problem I can't rule out.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Too strange to live, too rare to die.

Z

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 11:30:41 AM »
It might be from bronchoconstriction, which could be from a histamine response.  I would say see a doctor, but it's not like that would do anything.  I would try taking an antihistamine before the injection, and see if that does anything about the feeling.  Morphine is pretty notorious for provoking histamine responses.

I googled around before posting, and found a few things that made my suspicion seem possible.  Here is one if you understand it:  http://allnurses.com/emergency-nursing/chest-wall-rigidity-445841.html

You could try asking @Zoops or @Morfy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Morfy

• Free Falling Around The World
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 01:44:51 AM
  • Enjoying the stelliferous era--while it lasts
    • THE DRUGS AND USERS CHAT ROOM
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 01:33:58 PM »
if you release enough histamine in your body,

severe allergic reaction, or too much morphine releasing too much histamine,

your reaction to that high amount of histamine can be enough to kill you, cause serious, long term problems:

**Heart attack from vasoconstriction & airway closure, hypoxia, hypotension, etc.....

Many OD attributed to Heroin may well be a reaction to Morphine (unreacted in heroin, or degraded)..
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:47:10 PM by Morfy »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All matter is simply cooled and condensed energy.

Offline Tainted (OP)

• SA_Chat+
  • Former Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 04:09:42 PM »
if you release enough histamine in your body,

severe allergic reaction, or too much morphine releasing too much histamine,

your reaction to that high amount of histamine can be enough to kill you, cause serious, long term problems:

**Heart attack from vasoconstriction & airway closure, hypoxia, hypotension, etc.....

Many OD attributed to Heroin may well be a reaction to Morphine (unreacted in heroin, or degraded)..

sorry to res a dead thread, i never saw this reply back in the day, only reason i saw it now is I was looking at the whos online, and saw a guest reading this thread, so i clicked it.

is that realistic? you can actually die from an extreme histamine reaction from morphine? when I do kadian, I get EXTREME pins and needles (moreso than ANY type of morphine, so i get the feeling theres something inactive in the kadian that adds to the pins and needles) and i get the typical skin flushing red, feeling hot, ive actually come to enjoy it, while most people HATE it. doing a shot than dancing around going FUCK FUCK FUCK as the soles of your feet, your lips, whatever, get that itchy pins and needles. but with kadian, the pins and needles can be pretty extreme, past the point of enjoyable for even me.

i know allergic reactions can be fatal, what im asking is it realistic for morphine to cause a histamine reaction so severe that it causes heart attack or death? or is this just speculation on a possibility?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Kitkat

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Kitkat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 23, 2016, 09:43:40 PM
  • HR Networking
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 09:15:58 PM »
ABG are best when boiled like other morphine sulfate ERs you just need to add a pinch of Epsom salt
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 09:31:24 PM »
If you take an antihistamine some time prior to the Morphine, surely that can only help.

Welcome, Kitkat !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions