dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Dolphin dies for the perfect selfie....people suck.  (Read 26715 times)

Offline St. Theresa (OP)

• Reputation Power: 0
  • St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Dolphin dies for the perfect selfie....people suck.
« on: February 21, 2016, 12:57:30 AM »
No words ...

Sad state of society: Dolphin dies after beachgoers pass it around taking selfies

Sky News
Thu, 18 Feb 2016 21:06 UTC

A young dolphin has died after beachgoers took it from the sea to pose for photographs with it. Huge crowds gathered around the small animal on the beach resort at Santa Teresita in Argentina after one man picked it up. But it appears it quickly overheated and died while out of the water.

It was still being passed around by the beachgoers after its death and was later left discarded in the sand. The dolphin was left on the sand after it died

The dolphin was from the La Plata - also known as the Franciscana - variety, found off the coasts of Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil. It is considered a "vulnerable" species because there are only about 30,000 left in the world.

http://www.sott.net/article/312554-S...taking-selfies
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline robojunkie

• Mad Chemist
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • robojunkie is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 08, 2019, 07:02:32 AM
  • Our Community Board
Re: Dolphin dies for the perfect selfie....people suck.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 02:58:55 AM »
St. T, the link is dead, but I'm familiar with that pretty horrible story.  However they did not get away with it, unless this is a virtually identical repeat where there are, I think, two females and one or two males with primarily one of the females being the most "enthusiastic" and vile in her twisted excitement, sitting on the dying dolphin and doing other moronic evil shit.  Someone posted the link awhile back on FB and I did a little looking into it and they were all ID'd.  IDK if they were ever charged or not, I can't remember off the top of my head, but they definitely caught a Martin Shkrelli load of public shaming and condemnation.  I remember seeing that for the first time a few months ago and being appalled at especially that one vile girl and thinking I hope her life turns into some reprobate caricature of a toothless $2 Brazilian street whore giving it up for huffs off a gas can or some shit.   In all reality I don't know what happened to them beyond being ID'd and that being passed around, but their heartless stupidity and violence is well known around the world and I have no doubt around where they're from, probably to the level I imagine they've all had to flee, unless they were (hopefully) arrested, where if it's anything like American prison where animal cruelty is but a small step up from child molesting, rape and ratting, they are having a rude awakening to the tables being turned so to speak. 

If I knew this setup a bit better I'd throw in a link but its easily found googling something like "teens dolphin cruelty selfie" etc.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I see from quarks to quasars...

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 04:49:04 AM »
I hope all of those people go swimming in the ocean and either get raped by a dolphin, or get bitten by a shark.

Inhumane assholes should get inhumane just deserts IMO.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 11:34:04 AM »
This is just simply awful. I hope they get through the court system and get convicted of animal cruelty with the maximum penalty.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline robojunkie

• Mad Chemist
  • SA_Chat+
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 12:14:07 PM »
OK wow, I just looked this one up and what a bunch of ignorant assholes.  This is a different one, IDK WTF is up with some people down there but it was also either Argentina or Brazil (I think it was Brazil) where the one I mentioned happened, but it involved just four specific people and was far worse in that they intentionally toyed with the dolphin sitting on him and toying with him knowing he was dying, whereas I think these people were just a bunch of ignorant trashy types getting in on the "excitement", i.e. being sheep like morons.  If I can find a link to the old one I might post it, but its far worse and I really TBH don't want to look at that shit again, it really pissed me off when I saw it when I did, but if someone wants to look at it it happened like a year or two ago and wasn't a crowd, it was somewhere more isolated or at least at a quiet time on the beach or a less crowded one.

So I'm self editing my earlier post, this is a different one, and just happened in the last few days, the 16th I believe it said.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline St. Theresa (OP)

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 06:15:55 PM »
I'll post a good link in a few.

I just want to mention that I doubt anyone in that crowd meant to kill the baby. It's like a the whole bugs bunny abominable snowman "I'm gunna love him, and squeeze him and call him George"....

People get stupid and don't think.   
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:25:29 PM by St. Theresa »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."

Offline St. Theresa (OP)

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 06:31:43 PM »
Way to go India! Thank you for realizing that dolphins are highly intelligent living, breathing, sentient beings!

Non-Human Person
Amazing, overlooked news from several months ago out of India.
India's Ministry of Environment and Forests has decided to forbid the keeping of captive dolphins for public entertainment anywhere in the country.
In a policy statement released Friday, the ministry advised state governments to reject any proposal to establish a dolphinarium "by any person / persons, organizations, government agencies, private or public enterprises that involves import, capture of cetacean species to establish for commercial entertainment, private or public exhibition and interaction purposes whatsoever."

Why?
"Whereas cetaceans in general are highly intelligent and sensitive, and various scientists who have researched dolphin behavior have suggested that the unusually high intelligence; as compared to other animals means that dolphins should be seen as 'non-human persons' and as such should have their own specific rights and is morally unacceptable to keep them captive for entertainment purpose," the ministry said.
I was surprised to read about this the other night, since it happened back in May and somehow escaped worldwide attention and the 24 hour media hoopla. The effort to re-categorize Cetaceans (dolphins, whales, porpoises) as non-human persons has been gathering steam since a meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science in 2011 where a group of philosophers, conservationists, and animal behaviorists attempted to gather wide support for a Declaration of Rights for Cetaceans from the scientific community.
The Declaration:

1. Every individual cetacean has the right to life.
2. No cetacean should be held in captivity or servitude; be subject to cruel treatment; or be removed from their natural environment.
3. All cetaceans have the right to freedom of movement and residence within their natural environment.
4. No cetacean is the property of any State, corporation, human group or individual.
5. Cetaceans have the right to the protection of their natural environment.
6. Cetaceans have the right not to be subject to the disruption of their cultures.
7. The rights, freedoms and norms set forth in this Declaration should be protected under international and domestic law.
And what does it mean to say an animal has "rights"?
Unlike[...] positive rights, such as the 'right' to education or health care, the animal right is, at bottom, a right to be left alone. It does not call for government to tax us in order to provide animals with food, shelter, and veterinary care. It only requires us to stop killing them and making them suffer.
Seems reasonable enough. Considering dolphin intelligence has been long been established, this declaration doesn't seem to be a particularly radical move. They exhibit self-awareness, use tools, cooperate to solve tasks, don't vote Republican, and very recently it was found that they possibly communicate to each other using individual names. The major real world implications of declaring them non-human persons would be the closing of dolphin and orca shows at marine parks, setting them free from aquariums and zoos, and a prohibition against kills, such as the one documented in Academy Award winning movie The Cove.
Of course, the biggest implication is the whole idea of creating a new category of non-human persons. Do we stop at dolphins and whales? And, if not, where do we draw the line? Once we give rights to some animals how do we justify our continued exploitation of others?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/07...

I've swam with dolphins a few times and one time one male dolphin In particular was very fond of me, super playful and mushy, bringing me gifts and food. Singing and splashing. ....my husband was actually jealous. Like real jealousy, he said he got a very strong vibe from the guy(dolphin) and it was like nothing he ever felt from animal before.
I was in heaven and in total bliss.  One of the best experiences of my life.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:38:53 PM by St. Theresa »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline robojunkie

• Mad Chemist
  • SA_Chat+
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 06:32:57 PM »
Yeah that was my impression from all the stories I found on it.  The one I thought you were referring to in my first reply though is thoroughly disgusting and involves only three or four people, two women and two men as I recall, with one female being the lead tormentor, and the dolphin was clearly still alive, and like this case a baby at that, and unlike in this case, their callous cruelty was unquestionable.  They clearly thought it was fun to sit on her, toss her around and other reprehensible bully type shit.  Hence my commentary about hoping they get their comeuppance in some South American prison hellhole, and I can imagine some of the shit that would go on there with these types.

Its only went I went to go find that story that I saw the new one you posted about and the overwhelming amount of stories on it that made it, for the moment, impossible to find the original story, which is far more despicable.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline St. Theresa (OP)

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 06:39:59 PM »
Lol right robojunkie

Big difference between the stories but both show just how brainless we can be. Once again I'm ashamed to be human ... Sigh
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 07:45:08 PM »
People suck.

Dolphins are really cool... I read that they are the only other mammals other than humans that enjoy sex. They can also pass the mirror test which means they can recognize themselves in a mirror. It's funny how they do it. They take a sharpie and put a red dot on the Dolphins forehead and then it a mirror. It'll start freaking out trying to figure out what the dot is.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline smudger

• Reputation Power: 4
  • smudger is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 14, 2016, 02:02:44 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 08:44:06 PM »
The human race.
The pinnacle of evolution.
and we do this shit

I'm ashamed to be human.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 09:22:36 PM »
Retards.

Just like you said, St. T. "I'll pet him and squeeze him and love him and pet him and hug him..."

UNTIL HE'S DEAD! Fuckers. I mean couldn't they tell the poor thing was in distress, like he was probably gasping and panting and shit.

I hope they get raped by a whale. Ever seen a whale penis? It's literally like 6 feet long! Literally - Six. Feet.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Wildcat

• One love, One life-you'll lose it if you don't care for it
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Wildcat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
  • constant companion pain
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 11:25:13 PM »
That's why I(everyone should)boycott places like "SeaWorld".

Ever see the movie/doc "BLACKFISH", it's the story about Tilikum, an orca that killed 3 people while in captivity.

It's absolutely heart wrenching, theses magnificent and intelligent creatures being held in what is nothing more than an over sized bath-tub.

Orca's, more commonly known as the "Killer Whale",  are the largest of the dolphin family, and have teeth.

***people DO suck, St. T!!!**

THIS ONE FROM CHINA: It happened in 2013, the pictures show guys flexing their muscles while holding the poor creature, and it was already wounded and bleeding; which eventually died after these idiots were done "playing" with it. How would they like it if, say you took their baby, and tossed it around for a few pictures, I wonder.....
......it's just sickening

Dolphin Dies In China After Tourists Manhandle, Photograph It

 06/19/2013 01:11 pm ET

Chinese social media is buzzing with controversy this week after photos surfaced of tourists picking up and taking pictures of a wounded dolphin, which later died.

According to Chinese site People's Daily, the dolphin was first discovered on Sunday evening, stranded in Dadonghai, a resort in the country's southern Hainan Province.

In a series of pictures published by various Chinese media outlets and shared extensively on the country's Twitter-like social media site, Weibo, the dolphin can be seen surrounded by tourists. In several photos, men lift the mammal out of the water and flex their muscles.

While rescuers eventually arrived, no one attempted to stop the group of tourists from manhandling the animal for close to 30 minutes, reports the South China Morning Post.

Around midnight on Sunday at Hainan's Aquatic Wild Animal Rescue Center, the dolphin died of excessive bleeding from its tail, possibly due to an earlier collision with a fishing boat, according to the South China Morning Post.

According to National Geographic, commercial fishing operations continue to pose grave threats to dolphins around the world.

CNN published several of the angry comments left by Chinese social media users who criticized the tourists as a "group of animals" and chastised China in general as "lacking moral values."

Some reports linked the incident to another recent controversy involving a Chinese tourist: the vandalism of a 3,500-year-old Luxor Temple carving in Egypt.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 11:56:10 PM by Wildcat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They put their hand out to you when you need it, and you have to remember to put your hand out when they need it too, that's what friends do"  - Mick Dodge

Offline Morfy

• Free Falling Around The World
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 01:44:51 AM
  • Enjoying the stelliferous era--while it lasts
    • THE DRUGS AND USERS CHAT ROOM
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 02:04:53 AM »

You hear many stories of a pod of dolphins helping out, in some way, sailors stranded at sea.

I guess those stories where dolphins fucked over stranded sailors never make it to the newspapers....'cause they all died.

But if the dolphin community hears about this travesty, I doubt they will be in much of a mood to help stranded sailors in the future.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All matter is simply cooled and condensed energy.

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 02:42:29 AM »
I've swam with dolphins a few times and one time one male dolphin In particular was very fond of me, super playful and mushy, bringing me gifts and food. Singing and splashing. ....my husband was actually jealous. Like real jealousy, he said he got a very strong vibe from the guy(dolphin) and it was like nothing he ever felt from animal before.
I was in heaven and in total bliss.  One of the best experiences of my life.

I wish I remembered where I heard this and could cite a source but I once hard that a female trainee dolphin handler quit because she was expected to masturbate the male dophins in her care. IIRC she was told to do it to establish a bond with the dolphins. 

The doplhins you swam wioth, St. T, they were not wild but held in a pen at the ocean? I'm thinking that to introduce them to people trainers "bonded" with them. He saw you and maybe thought he was getting more love? Your husband probably had cause to be jealous.

EDIT: Foud This and others...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 07:40:20 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions