dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: New Policy at Clinic  (Read 35902 times)

Offline bonedust

• A High Tension Wire
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bonedust has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 09, 2023, 09:03:53 PM
Re: New Policy at Clinic
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 14, 2016, 05:45:22 PM »
Hey Griffin... My husband pays $340 a month and they do not take insurance.
Also echoing what Diz said he never heard of the state having to sign off on anything. He gets two weeks worth of take-homes. Good luck mang!

Edit--He also has split-doses.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:51:58 PM by bonedust »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it."-Malcolm X

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2016, 07:13:46 PM »
BTW, Australia only permits a maximum of dose there+6 days take home doses and that's what I get.

You guys are fortunate in that respect and it took me a couple of years to earn that.

I don't get kicked out for showing hot for pot or meth. as long as I'm not using Heroin (I think) and that policy seems fair enough. I get urine tested almost every week.

I really like my doctor too - he's tough, compassionate and very smart ... the dosing ladies are also super efficient and I can't remember the last time that I had to queue up.

I have to see the doctor every fortnight and today I dropped myself to 15 mg.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2016, 08:50:46 PM »
I started pondering if I actually brought my whole entire  Goddamned extended family in there with me.

Talking all the way from G ma, cousins, brothers, sisters, the folks, my priest, the kids... Fuck it load up the van.

Your learning about my takehomes.

Gma: The what... You're taking me home?

Me: No Grandma ... Were going to the clinic, were gonna talk about my medicine.

Gma: I seen my dialysis yesterday we don't need to go to the clinic.

Me: Quiet Grandma. 

The kids: Waaaaaah Waaaaaah!!! Where is my shoe. ?

Me: Dammit, help your brother. 

Cousins: Haven't seen you in years bro ,where we goin??

Me: I'll tell you when we get there don't trip

And so on......

So ridiculous, all of it.

Do they really think this shit will fly?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2016, 09:41:23 PM »
That's an amusing image that you painted there buto involving your family is just whacky - do they really ask that of you ? I thinknow our clinic life is kinda personal and really just our own business.

Sharing it here is fine but not IRL.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2016, 10:18:25 PM »
I pay 100.00 per week.  I have private health insurance through my husbands employer, but they will not pay for methadone maintenance.  They will however pay for inpatient rehab(60 days per calendar year), Suboxone and methadone for pain management.  I find this absolutely stupid considering MMT is the cheapest option out of everything they cover!  Insurance is a JOKE!  We pay 175.00 per week out of his check for health insurance and his employer pays a percentage,,total rip off!  However, I do feel lucky to have access to amazing healthcare from to doctors at top institutions.  But the not covering methadone thing...stooooooid!

My clinic is either self-pay or they have 50 medicaid slots available.  There is a huge waiting list for people on medicaid.  The reason they limit medicaid patients is because the reimbursement from medicaid is so little that they need us paying clients to cover the cost of medicaid patients.

I did find out this week that the state is reworking the medicaid access and our clinic will now have to accept medicaid and can no longer have a "medicaid only" waiting list.  While I'm sure folks on medicaid will like this, my fee (and all of us who pay for treatment) is going up 30.00 per week, again to cover the medicaid patients care.

I have no problem with medicaid per say, but when i hear people in line bragging that their treatment is "free", but that they had no problem scrapping up 500.00+ a week for a dope habit, well, that creams my corn!!  If you can pay for dope, you can pay something (maybe not the full amount, but something) toward your treatment!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2016, 01:04:50 AM »
  If you can pay for dope, you can pay something (maybe not the full amount, but something) toward your treatment!

I used to support my dope habit by boosting and buying quantity and re-selling. There's NFW I could spend that kind of money without committing like daily felonies, and I'm not about to do that.

I was on MD as a paying client about a year before the ACA kicked in and I got some medical benefits, catalyzed by a hospital trip where I was very seriously deathly ill with Pancreatitis. After that, they started covering my methadone. Under those circumstances and un-employed for very real reasons, you tell me: would you turn down free methadone? I seriously doubt it..

I've paid taxes from countless jobs since about 1985, I think the state can help me out with $.75 worth of juice and 2 BS counseling sessions a month (that I'd happily waive, she doesn't tell me anything I don't know), again, I'm a tax paying, contributing member of this society and I don't have anyfuckingproblem with accepting a little healthcare.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2016, 01:13:34 AM »
EA, Panceatitis is serious ... what caused that ?

How is the MD working for you ?

You may want to answer in my dosing time thread because I'm keen on hearing what's best for everyone.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2016, 08:16:58 AM »
@Esoteric Anhydride  I know that a lot of people did a lot of shit to afford their dope and that part of treatment is leaving "the life" behind. That's why I said they should contribute "something", not the full amount, toward treatment.

When you are paying for something with your own hard earned money, whether it is 100.00 dollars or fifty cents, it gives you a deeper appreciation for whatever it is you are paying for, in this case, treatment.

Also, as you said, you have been a contributing member for years, paying into the system...THAT is a completely different situation then the one that I posted about.  Like I said in my post, I don't have a problem with medicaid, per say, I have a problem with the ungratefulness some people have when they do not have to pay for their treatment.  Believe me, I struggle to pay the now 520.00 a month at the clinic.  I think it is bullshit that my health insurance wont cover MMT, but I have to remind myself that it is worth it for the stability in my life.  Again, I just think even a "token" contribution toward treatment can help with the appreciation factor.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:24:59 AM by Lolleedee »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2016, 01:03:28 PM »
Yeah I get what your saying lolleedee, the amount of fines I have had to pay over bs court shit/probation and my taxes I think have covered my methadone for life. I totally understand not being a appreciative of things when they are given to you, I have always worked my way to be independent since I was a kid, when I was in high school my parents were ballin but I was the only one of my brothers who worked and didn't take money when it was offered, looking back I wish I would of just because the government, economy, and a dick head investor made them lose everything over night, so it wouldn't of mattered.

When I was homeless, I couldn't get medicaid or foodd stamps because I made to much money the year before, so by the time I got into the homeless shelter I had a $950 bill with them, and if they wouldn't of been switching over to the methasoft software for the entire clinic I would of been feetoxed about 7 weeks before I got into the shelter, but by the time they realized I owed them $1000 I was able to start paying some of it back and since they sprung it on me all at once they let me not get feetoxed as long as I paid some every week and lowered it by atleast $100 a month and had it paid off completely in 4 months.

I got my tax return about a month after getting into the shelter so I was able to pay it off a month after they gave it to me but it would of sucked it was hard coming up with the extra $100 a week to pay them when I didn't even have a  place to stay. The fees at my clinic are 300-400 on a sliding scale or they take kaiser for $60 a month or medicaid which is free. I got medicaid free through my job and since medicaid is a billed at last resort I had to pay $60 a month for getting kaiser through work I thought it was kind of ironic I get more health coverage and it costs me more.

The family therapy was such bullshit I already did it, a girl I really like who lives in Okla that I went to highschool with did it over the phone for me, shes a cpp and pharm tech so she was really understanding and we've been good friends but it sucked having to tell her that I was on it, since I couldn't tell my family. My PO would of been my last resort but my counselor said that'd work, he said I could try to find someone on craigslist and he wouldn't tell cause the policy is bullshit.

If you don't do the family session they won't let you get weeklies or move up higher than 3 days a week, this is the policy now. You have to have a family session to inform them about methadone to get weeklies or above, no matter your situation.

It has fucked up a lot of people one guy whose wife just died and is estranged from his family finally started getting back in touch with his sister when his wife died and she was his only option but she wouldn't of done it and would of stopped talking to him if he told her so he had to just give up on getting weeklies and was told tough shit.

That was one of the many reasons my counselor left. They are doing a bunch of bs policies like that and even though he fought it and told them how much it goes against helping people they still passed it and enforce it and screwed over 2 of his patients and almost me. Same thing with increasing the amount of shit people have to do to get phases that I posted a few months ago, if you are on dailies you have to goto 4 groups and one counseling session each month for 3 months on top of clean UAs to get a saturday take home, then its 3 groups and a counseling sesh until you get to weeklies when its one of each.

Getting 2 weeks at a time is the only phase now that you aren't required to do groups and a counseling session each month. Before that the only group you had to do was a methadone orientation to get your first phase and one counseling session a month with clean uas. It has slowly gotten worse and worse since I started. The price has also gone up $100/month for everyone not no kaiser or medicaid, since I started, and they completely overload there counselors and are all about making money they don't give a fuck about the patients, except for a select few.

About 6 months before I got there they stopped letting people get phases who smoke pot so I know a few guys that have been there 10-15 yrs+ and got all there take outs taken away and have to go 6 days a week now because they smoke. In a state where its legal, and how the fuck can they tell you that you can't take a doctor prescribed medication that is some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard thats why they can't stop people from smoking it on probation anymore for the most part.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2016, 04:44:25 PM »
EA, Panceatitis is serious ... what caused that ?
Vodka bro, waayyy too much vodka.

How is the MD working for you ?

Sucks! It's summer here and the sweating is better at this lower dose, but still a problem. I want off, hopefully by next year I can cut another 20-30 and switch over to bup. I think I can stay off dope, I'm really just over living like this, broke and sick. I was way happier off the shit altogether.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2016, 06:56:58 PM »
I hear you. I just dropped to 15 and am feeling a lot better and I'm over it too.

The tweak has been helping me drop.

I'm glad that you have stopped drinking and found that it used to make me feel lousy and sweat too.

You can do this if I can. Go for it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2016, 12:14:49 AM »
Hey guys got a question if a few of you don't mind answering, how much do you pay for your done? Does your clinic take insurance, if so just medicaid or private insurance as well? I am looking at clinics in OK because I am thinking about moving there, and medicaid as does anything govt sucks ass in that state, but I heard that medicaid covers subs their but very few sub docs take medicaid, I bet 95% of them are only doing it for the money anyway.

All the clinics there I have talked to said that they charge $35-$125 for intake and $9 per day after that so $270-$280 a month only one takes any insurance and it's medicaid but if your on medicaid you have to goto 2 counseling sessions and one group per WEEK! like seriously wtf, when I read the OK medicaid benefits it says they don't cover methadone in fee for service plans which is what most all MMT clinics are.

The lady from that clinic wasn't very clear about it either she said that the intake fee was waived with medicaid and kind of made it sound like it was free but that she also didn't know but that I for sure had 2 mandatory counseling sessions and one group each week with medicaid patients but only one counseling session per month if I pay out of pocket.

My methadone is free and has been since 2014, I really don't think I can afford $300 a month for medicaid, what do you guys do? Seriously if I get a minimum wage job and worked 40 hours a week I'd make $1160 per MONTH BEFORE taxes so like $800/month if that after taxes if I am spending $300 a month on methadone I have $500 for rent, food, car insurance, and every other bs thing I have to pay. This is why crime rates is so high fuck I'd have to beg borrow and steal not to be homeless.

Maybe I should just stay in CO and try to figure out why I am so miserable and fix it, I just feel like I am going to prison if I stay here my luck thus far has been shit in that department. Maybe I can switch to subs and by some miracle they work for me this time, get on medicaid there and find a doc who takes it, and then try to piece together a decent life.

I don't know how much my criminal record is going to fuck me through life its only misdemeanors but walmart wouldn't hire me, and I couldn't be a manager at pizza hut so I am thinking any big company is out of the question until I get my degree which I was just told that I'd have to pay for a semester out of pocket and pass all my classes to have a chance at getting my financial aid back, and I'd have to save up $2000 and pay a college in OK that I went to in 2008 before I can enroll at any college in the state.

I just feel fucked right now, I know I am not and I am looking at the small picture but I have been super depressed for 8 months now, and losing my financial aid was all it took for me to want to jump off a building every day when I wake up. Thank god I am on methadone and dont have constant suicidal ideation anymore because before opiates thats all I thought about. Why is dope illegal and expensive I want to go back to being a full time junk box, so I can forget about this bull shit. Sorry for the excessive bitching but if you know me thats all any of my posts consist of anymore.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2016, 12:22:43 PM »
I pay $66 a week for 6 take-homes and one dose at the clinic.

The idea is that the 'done is free and you pay for the dosing and the take-home bottles.

I still think it's too much especially when one may not have a job, like me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2016, 02:06:50 PM »
So it's basically the same price down under thats good to know, I can't believe how high it is. When I first got on the clinic I was homeless and just lost my job/insurance and it was $260 a month but I got medicaid 6 months later. There was something wrong with their computer program they were using and it wasn't showing that I owed money each month so I didn't pay because I couldn't until they found out in mid February and gave me a $900 bill, and I had to pay some on that on top of the $260 a month to not get feetoxed luckily they were cool with $30-$120 a month on top of the $260 cause I was homeless and it was their fault even thought I was not paying.

I guess if I rob a bank or become a drug dealer I can afford my methadone :)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline onewayonly

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • onewayonly is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 08, 2018, 02:14:35 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2016, 07:30:32 PM »
So I see alot of people saying for profit methadone clinics run about 300-400$ a month.
My local one is 18 a day and that seems ridiculous.
Anyone have any pricing info and is mine normal or expensive.

Thanks
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dopeless Hopefiend

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Dopeless Hopefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 30, 2017, 01:20:01 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2016, 11:18:13 PM »
The clinic I was at which is part of a huge national for-profit "treatment" company is I think $12 per day if you are self pay. And they charge significantly more for suboxone and subutex.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. - Albus  Dumbledore

Tags: