dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: New Policy at Clinic  (Read 35931 times)

Offline smalls

• Reputation Power: 9
  • smalls is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 08, 2018, 09:05:28 AM
  • East Coast Hermit
Re: New Policy at Clinic
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 07:38:53 PM »
If you started in Nov 2013, doesn't that put you in the third column with "No group changes"? Or even of you're considered a "re-start" after July 2014 due to your arrest, wouldn't that then put you in the second column which does not require family meetings?

To be clear, they have not initiated this as policy yet but despite that they are requiring you schedule a family meeting?

You're right. All these rules sure don't encourage one to stay in treatment.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 09:52:54 AM »
Does anyone think that I have a hippa argument since take homes are a privilege and its not mandatory for me to do this? Smalls, I restarted in 2015 my dui was in march of last year, I get off probation in January though! Thanks for looking out I appreciate the insight that is exactly why I posted it to see if there was anything I missed.

That is written incorrectly though, everyone switched to the "track" system last year regardless of when they started and thats what everyone is on now. Everyone will have to switch again if they change it. That is meant to show what it was like in the good days, before all this shit happened. The first time they changed they switched it over the day that kaiser dropped the rates for what patients pay to $60 a month it was $90-$220 before depending on your plan, and medicaid became free instead of $60 a month. They only take kaiser and medicaid.

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out and asked because even though I restarted june 30th last year, I was only in jail for a little over 30 days 11 of which were covered by take homes(which were all thrown away day 2 when I got arrested). When I got out I continued to do counseling sessions with my counselor from the clinic because they are free with medicaid, until I got back on. I figured it'd look good for the judge as well. If you go more than 1 day without dosing you have to do a restart which costs $25 it was only $15 when I started.

So technically I was only out for 3 weeks but it's all the same to them, and everyone has to switch over which is bullshit as well. I was arrested a week after I got on methadone when I first started in 2013 but was only out 5 days. What is kind of stupid is that I didn't get arrested once until I got clean, I rode dirty every day for years, usually high on weed and pills, and only got pulled over twice during that whole time one resulted in a warning and the other a ticket for an illegal turn when I was picking up my brothers dog.

I don't know if I should be happy or pissed about that, I am happy because I didn't get caught while I was using, I could of been charged with all kinds of crazy shit, especially in Oklahoma. It pisses me off though because once I start to try and better my life, become a productive, contributing member of society, and stopped doing illegal shit I get arrested twice. Both times for doing things I had no idea were illegal.

I usually chalk these arrests as karma for getting away with all of that shit for so long that I was never caught doing. So I find a little peace in that, even though it is all bs and I shouldn't of gotten any charges. I just think it is ridiculous that once I got clean and stopped breaking the law I got arrested twice. If i would of happened when I was any younger it would of probably been a lot more traumatizing, I still get nightmares, but if I had to deal with what my brother went though I'm not sure I would of made it.

Any more ideas? This guy is a prick I wish I could share a video of him on here to show everyone what I am dealing with. I've never heard one good thing about him, from staff or patients. When I was planning my trip home last month, I had to ask for extra take outs from the state and he wouldn't sign off on it to send it in until there was less than 3 weeks before my trip because he wanted to wait until it was closer to when I was leaving. Even though it was on spring break so there was probably more requests than usual and she gets a ton anyway.

The lady from the state that does it is very slow and unorganized it usually takes 4-8 weeks unless your counselor calls and actually gets through to her. My counselor said it usually takes 5-10 calls to get through and she won't return emails or voicemails. Even if the date is soon and you write urgent on it it takes 4-8 weeks. So if my counselor wasn't really nice and dedicated enough to call her that many times I probably wouldn't of gotten them in time, and I'd have to pay $25 a day to dose, plus an uber there and back, and my family would of found out.

Just to show you guys how big of an ass he is, he is constantly doing shit like that. Thank god he isn't my counselor I feel terrible for the people that have him, He has no compassion if you can't pay or miss anything he won't let you dose it gets him off I swear. He will feetox you the first chance he can. If you have to talk to him about anything he makes you wait, even if he has 5-10 minutes before his next appointment he will make you wait until the appointment is over or make you schedule a time to see him, and you can't dose until you do.

Since I am on probation my UAs are monitored, and he is the only one who won't let you turn the water on, or fill it under the line even if it gets a temp reading which is what everyone else does. He is also breathes really loudly which just adds to the stress and difficulty of someone staring at your dick while you try to pee. I can't even explain how big of an ass this guy, you should just hear his voice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 11:06:37 AM »
Wow! That is an exceptionally badly thought out policy-epic dumbness.

Maybe point out that they should be making treatment as accessible and sustainable as possible and not throwing up ill thought out barriers.

If it were me,my first move would be to tell them I was estranged from my family and can't comply.Only if this failed would I start mentioning Hippa-you have to continue to do business with these people.So,there's no point in needlessly antagonising them,but if push comes to shove,do what you have to-fight this. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taytoechip

• Above average blanket-fort builder
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
  • magical leopluradon
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 02:51:06 PM »
does it bother anyone else that the changes on the paper are listed as "proposed". Which by definition is "put forward (an idea or plan) for consideration or discussion by others."

I'm not to good with words though, so maybe i read like a child.
I sure as fuck write like one
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 09:54:29 PM »
Me and my counselor had that discussion (about it not even being a policy yet but he is still using it to fuck with me) Monday when he told me that I had to have a sit down with director because he won't sign off on me getting weeklies because I haven't had the family counseling. He told me that since he is the main supporter of not implementing the policy and has used my reasons as why it shouldn't go into effect that is more than likely the reason he is singling me out.

It is complete bullshit, none of this has been signed off on, and they are even going to do a questionnaire for the patients about their thoughts on it this week before moving forward but for whatever reason he has chosen me to dick with for no reason at all. I think he wants to prove that if he can force me to do it than there shouldn't be any situations where they can't force someone to do it or some shit like that. Hopefully he listens to reason lets me have my phase and forgets about this and adding the extra groups on everyone.

I am going to tread lightly as this ass hole can make my life quite shitty, but I am not going to let him use me as a pawn to enforce some stupid policies or to show that he can do whatever he wants regardless of the impact it has on the people who are patients, and staff. because it will come back on the staff when they have to start taking peoples phases away because people can't afford or goto all the new groups. Along with all the initial backlash it will probably get. I will let you guys know how the sit down goes Thursday and hopefully he isn't as big of an idiotic dick as he acts like and everyone says he is.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taytoechip

• Above average blanket-fort builder
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
  • magical leopluradon
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 11:02:24 PM »
Its almost like they think they have you over a barrel or something. Which i mean they kinda do in a way. But this entire saga says a lot about the very fine line that some places ride between wanting to actually help people, or get peoples money. There has to be a compromise someplace between the two. But until then, Drug addicts can and will be treated like little tiny cash cows. People NEED the bupe or done, so typically they will jump through whatever hoops needed. I mean how many other industries sell something that the consumer will buy day after day, week after week and even year after year. without missing one fucking purchase.

Its a sad sad day in age that we live in right now with this shit. As if recovery wasnt already hard as tits.
Maintenance clinics, a proud sponsor of relapse
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 11:10:10 AM »
So this morning about 50 minutes to an hour after I took my dose I puked. I started feeling really sick about 30 minutes after, and assumed it was from dosing on a empty stomach which isn't usually a problem. Plus, I took a few benedryl with it, which is what I normally do if I want to go back to sleep. Do you think I threw up too soon after dosing and I won't get any of it in my system? Or should that be enough time to digest it enough to get it in my system?

How long does it usually take for your body to start processing it or whatever? I know it normally peaks 3-4 hours after taking it but I am curious because this is the second time this has happened this year. What about for pills? I have noticed before when I was using that puking destroyed my high even if it was 2 hours in. How long on average would it take to not lose any if you puked after taking liquid done or pills?

I didn't throw up very much, since I didn't have anything in my stomach, it was mostly stomach acid and I threw up in a trashcan so I couldn't tell if it was pink. Hopefully it wasn't a total loss and that I got some of it. Does anyone know if that was ample time to get in my system or does it vary person to person on their metabolism, and all that? I have my take home for tomorrow which I could split even though I probably don't need to since I usually don't feel any significant w/d within the first 48 hours.

I think I got sick because I can't fall asleep without a dip in anymore so I have been swallowing more and more of it. Can you get nicotine poisoning from having 2 dips in, 22 hours a day? I always put one dip in my upper lip and one in my lower because if I just put one in I still bite my lips, it doesn't fulfill my oral fixation. These last 6 months its been impossible for me to fall sleep unless I have a dip in. Sometimes I'll wake up at 3 or 4 and take it out and be able to fall right back asleep but the majority of the time I can't go back to sleep without putting another one in.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:38:09 AM by Griffin »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 12:15:14 PM »
If you're sleeping with a dip in, do you swallow a lot of tobacco juice? I know swallowing even the smallest amount of tobacco will make me throw up.

As far as the methadone, you should be okay. 30 minutes should be enough to absorb most if not all of it, especially on an empty stomach.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 12:55:58 PM »
Yeah I swallow a ton of it, all of the time and a ton of the actual dip too, I usually get heartburn but throwing up and getting sick hasn't been a problem. To update I think I got most of it, I stopped yawning and stuff and feel normal. Thanks guts!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Roman Totale

• Reputation Power: 22
  • Roman Totale is now quite familiar.Roman Totale is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:July 27, 2018, 01:53:33 AM
  • It's alright, the way that you live
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2016, 10:54:13 PM »
Ever try those Camel Snus pouches?  I've truly dipped just a handful of times, but used to pop the Snus into my cheek while I worked several years ago.  The big advantage of the Snus was, IIRC, you didn't have to spit it.  Unfortunately, they tended to trigger intense hiccups, so I cut them loose.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline monkey business

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • monkey business is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 21, 2018, 07:07:08 PM
  • Monkey bizz in the houseee
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2016, 11:56:50 AM »
@Griffin which clinic do you go to?

I've heard at least one of the BHG clinics in Denver (I think BHG Westminster was one) allows medical marijuana use, even with takehomes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Any and all posts made by user "monkey business" are entirely fictional in nature and bear no connection to any real-life character or characters. Any perceived similarities are entirely coincidental by nature.

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2016, 12:12:12 PM »
So I was wondering if any of you guys knew anything about if the state has to sign off and approve you for getting 2 weeks at a time of takeouts? I was approved by the clinic 2 weeks ago and the state still haven't signed it, and my clinic coordinator said the person in charge of signing hasn't been there to sign it and isn't anyone there this week either. So the earliest it would get signed by the state is next week if the person in charge of that comes in. This is the only time they have had to have the state sign off on it so is this new or just for when people are getting 2 weeks+?

It's annoying because they have to sign it and then send it back to the clinic for me to be approved, is this a federal regulation and required in all states? Would there be any reason for them not to approve me? I had 2 weeks at a time when I got the stupid dui, so I have been approved before if this isn't new. At least I am not pissed at my new temp counselor the clinic coordinator because I thought he was being lazy and forgot to present me, so that is a plus.

If you are getting 2 weeks at a time can you transfer that to another clinic without having to go through all the hurdles again? My counselor who'd been at this clinic for 10 yrs and was awesome went to a different clinic. He went mainly because he has been owed a raise for the past few years and the other company was starting him out above what his raise would have been and has better benefits, plus he hates a lot of the dumb policies at this clinic like the new mandatory family counseling session to get weeklies, and the forced feetox and a lot of other stupid stuff.

So I wouldn't mind switching to that clinic, if I don't I am still planning on moving to a different state so if anyone has any idea how hard that is and if you get to keep your phases or not that'd be awesome. Also what does fee for services(ffs) mean for insurance? Colorado medicaid is amazing and pays for mmt 100% but Oklahoma medicaid is one of the worst in the country if not the worse and it says it does not cover methadone under fee for service plans. So if anyone has any idea about Oklahoma's medicaid and transferring there I'd appreciate it.

If anyone wouldn't mind sharing what they pay for MMT that'd be extremely helpful, and if you have insurance what it costs with it and if you know what it would cost without that insurance. Also what insurance your clinic takes or if it doesn't take any would be interesting. I heard that some clinics require you to pay more if your dose is over a certain amount or make you pay according to your dose, also are there any clinics that won't prescribe over a certain amount? When I was on 280 I was told that some wont let me guest dose over 100 mg.

here is the okla medicaid info on covering MAT
http://www.asam.org/docs/default-source/advocacy/state-medicaid-reports/state-medicaid-reports_ok.pdf?sfvrsn=6
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2016, 12:54:40 PM »
I pay $60 a week and basically name my own dose, althought, mu understanding is that if you are above 200mg's the do charge slightly more ($5) but not much.

I get 2 weeks at a time and I've never heard of anything like that "havinjg the state sign off on it" it sounds to me like a load of shit, how could an EMPLOYEE whether it be of the state or clinic, not "be there to sign the paper" for a month. Something sounds fishy there. Lke someone didn't do their job and fill out the paperwork or send it to the proper place. IDK, I'd be pushing them a lot harder if they told me that every week like that.

Long story short, it sounds like your clinic is TERRIBLE. I'm sorry to hear that. They treat you like a fucking junkie, not a medical patient, and that's fucked. Do you have any other options in terms of clinics? If you do, I'd start setting those up, and then in the meantime I'd be watching the clinic you're at VERY carefully for any violations of any laws, and if they do (make sure you have it recorded (audio or video pref both)) call the agency that is in charge of that shit. Of course, that is only if you are driven to do that, like they fuck with you super hard or treat you like an absolute POS. I mean, that's just me, but that's what I'd do. If you DON"T have another clinic option, you're sorta stuck playing their game, and have to jump through the hoops, but you can certainly be your own advocate, and ask the right questions, and DO NOT take a BS answer and walk away, that's what they want. Fight for what you want.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2016, 01:12:58 PM »
Thanks dizzle yeah the clinic didn't seem so bad because i only have to go once a week and my counselor was awesome but now that he left it just keeps getting worse, and the reason for all the shittyness is my new counselor. He is an ass, I can't even explain how big of an idiot he is, I just hope my new counselor is good when they get one.

It sounded like bs to me when he told me that today like a cheap excuse for him forgetting to present me even though I have reminded him 3x and made sure that he had everything he needed. My counselor left 3 days before I should of gotten it so instead of having it on the 30th I wont have it until the end of the month gotta wait to see if she signs it next week then mails it then they get it and get it to the nurse, What's worse is that if they don't do it by the end of the month I will have to do an hour and half group along with my hour long counseling session with the idiot director, this is the only phase where you don't have to do groups you only have to do one counseling session a month.

Sorry monkey biz I didnt see your post until just now i goto arts, my counselor actually left to go to bhg so if they allow weed I would def. switch there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline BlackMaiden

• Reputation Power: 3
  • BlackMaiden is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 22, 2016, 04:34:23 AM
  • dopetalk.org
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2016, 05:33:08 PM »
I don't know a lot about how clinics work, but maybe you can suggest your PO as a family member. Another options could be a mental health counselor. State run mental health is good for a sliding scale fee, it's also good in showing your active in working on mental and physical health. Mental health can also speak for you in court and in other government agencies to get financial and crisis services.

Just a suggestion. A family member of mine does this and they get help from both, and mental health helped them get other helpful services including disability. Maybe you can ask them about that. Mental health can be your advocate. Research that and see if that's a viable option for you
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bonedust

• A High Tension Wire
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bonedust has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 09, 2023, 09:03:53 PM
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 14, 2016, 05:45:22 PM »
Hey Griffin... My husband pays $340 a month and they do not take insurance.
Also echoing what Diz said he never heard of the state having to sign off on anything. He gets two weeks worth of take-homes. Good luck mang!

Edit--He also has split-doses.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:51:58 PM by bonedust »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it."-Malcolm X

Tags: