dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Denver's Pot Experiences.  (Read 21257 times)

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • MoeMentim is now quite familiar.MoeMentim is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 09:16:26 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
Re: Denver's Pot Experiences.
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 14, 2016, 01:10:34 PM »
  I'm SUPER interested in the CO med card process/price.  It kills me spending 25%+ more and not having access to the better concentrates & flowers.  (Most places keep a good portion of their products med only to ensure their patients have access to what they need & I can totally understand that.)  I don't think I really have any of the conditions that are listed for a CO card, but...   

I don't know if it'd be better to bring this up to a doctor or not to, but I guarantee that legal weed is one part (by no means the largest) of the equation that's enabled me to stay off opiates this long.  Now, we all know that "I need weed to get off of _____" ain't gonna fly legally & could put the doc in a situation where the law could question his choice in "giving a drug addict access to drugs" sort of thing. 

Honestly, I'm not sure how long I'm going to be able stay in CO.  $16/hr + $1025/mo for a shithole apartment really makes for a bummer of a living scene.  If I could find a cheap place that fits my needs I  could go get my grow stuff a few states away & take care of my situation myself.  The only house (f'ing shack, but I don't care) that I've seen for under $900 had wood heat only & a composting toilet.  Meaning that you shit in a bucket and take it outside.  The guy had an "open house" to deal with all prospective tenants at once, sent us an email afterword saying he got over 30 separate applications in that 3 hours & that he was sorry he could only pick one.

But yeah - I definitely want to hear how that goes, Griffin.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:13:41 PM by MoeMentim »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 01:53:31 PM »
Yeah the housing situation sucks ass here, its almost impossible to find a place. I think denver alone has had 250,000 new people move here in the just the last few years. I think the average is 20,000 new people a month to colorado which is just insane. Are you opposed to living with people Moe? I pay $450 for my rent all utilities/bills included including cable, wifi, electric, water, and trash but I rent a room with a few other people I didn't know before I moved in.

The place I lived before here was the same thing but it was only $385/month, renting a room is the only thing i can afford right now. The cheapest studios here are 700-750 no bills included which is nuts. I like the room renting situation though, my room has a lock on it that only I have and my roommates are cool. That isn't the case usually but I lucked out, the house is pretty nice I just wish it had an actual dishwasher.

As for the mmj card so far the dr appointment was easy to get, its $85 for everything, like the registration fee, notary, appointment, a month long temp card, and everything else to get the actual card. The average price for an 8th is $10-20 less with taxes because the tax for medical is like 30% less than recreational. You would save enough in a month to pay for the card, and every single thing is cheaper, you should look at menus to see the difference it's crazy.

Like the 10mg sweet grass cookies at $8-$10 and the 85 mg sweet grass cookies and $5 at the exact same place. They have better quality weed for sure on the medical side, and the average cost for the same clinic is 20-35 for an 8th with tax instead of 35-55 before tax for recreational. The biggest difference I think is with edibles and concentrates, at the same dispensary a gram of concentrate is $15-$35 lower for medical on the exact same thing. It is insane how much money you'd save with a card and they are easy to get.

The place got me a next day appointment and said med records or script bottles are nice but definitely not a necessity and if you just say you have one or 2 of the things they allow to get your med card thats all you need luckily I have scripts to prove that I have 2 of the illnesses; chronic pain, and chronic nausea. If you have any specific questions about any of it ask and I will let you know to the best of my knowledge. It usually takes a few weeks to get your card, cost is $60-$100 for everything, and you are given a temporary card until your real card comes in.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 03:12:39 PM »
WHAAAA?   85 dollars?!?  I thought it would be like 500 & I thought they were somewhat tough to get, like really needed a documented condition & there's only like 6 or 10 that fly with the state. I absolutely know the savings a med card gets, I just thought a med card was out of reach $$ wise presently.  I GOTTA look into this.  Should be a state web page w/ details, any other place online that's helpful with details?

Legit things that cannabis does directly help me with -  An old ankle injury that bothers me after long days on my feet or especially after hiking, etc...   Poor appetite/weight loss & sleep issues that come and go w/ depression/anxiety (I take lamictal & lexapro - prescribing psych knows my opiate history & knows I smoke, he's cool with it but since a lot of his practice is addiction related I couldn't really ask him to help me get my card).   To be honest, what I love pot for more than anything else is exercising.  No shit - I love to smoke a joint of some straight sativa, hop on the mountain bike & pedal hard for a couple hours.  I'm built more for endurance & as such the first half hour is the most difficult, the buzz helps me push through mentally until my stubborn brain starts giving up the endorphins, then the experience is golden.  When I'm done, I've never felt better without opiates.  Exercise is one very reliable tool to keep me out of depression and off opiates & if pot helps me to enjoy it and gets me to exercise more...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:14:27 PM by MoeMentim »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 04:59:37 PM »
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/enforcement/marijuanaenforcement that's the site to goto if you have any questions about the legal side of it. The most I have heard for a mmj card was $120 but that was for extra plants and weight. There are only 10 things you can have but they don't really need to be documented. I went with an ex-girlfriend to get hers and it was super easy. Most doctors don't care if you have it or not and will give it to you regardless, if its documented or serious... or real.

You can look online there are quite a few places that do the evaluations and do everything for you. Its usually 60-100 for everything including the package, postage, notary, registration and money order fee, and evaluation. The only difference is now they can't send it for you, you have to send it they give you the package with everything in it and help you fill it out, and then give you the package with the money order and postage on it and you put it in the mail.

The whole process is extremely easy and very very few people get turned down. It takes less than an hour about the same time as a regular doctor appointment. They kind of coach you on what to say and what qualifies you for a card. There is really no reason to not have one if you smoke frequently as they pay for themselves in a matter of weeks. Good luck with it check out that site and it will tell you everyhting you need to know about it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 05:01:04 PM »
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/get-your-medical-marijuana-card

Thats a better link as it is for getting your mmj card and not for licensing to work in the field or to own a dispensary.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 08:41:18 AM »
Got myself an appointment for a med card on the 6th of march... excited!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MoeMentim

• Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 10:56:55 AM »
I had to cancel my med card appointment due to no funds once it came around.  My dog is having a hell of a time with allergies (we think)  & it drained the little i had.   I want to reschedule for after next payday but i have a question - sounds like i need documentation of the issue being treated, or at least acknowledgement of it from a doctor other than the mmj doc.  Is that the case or is the mmj doc the only one who needs to peovide documentaion after his exam (or whatever)?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 12:46:09 AM »
Yeah the housing situation sucks ass here, its almost impossible to find a place. I think denver alone has had 250,000 new people move here in the just the last few years. I think the average is 20,000 new people a month to colorado which is just insane.
{snip}

aha, the honeypot effect. i thought that would happen, i even thought about how i much i'd like access to all the pot i want without getting into trouble.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2016, 03:50:25 AM »
Back in the day, when I was a stoner and getting in trouble for weed, I'd have dropped everything and moved for legal weed. Now it's just meh.

I've actually gotten to smoke some weed a couple times in the last couple weeks and it always weirds me out now. Like it'll put my current way of thinking on its head. For example, thinking about or actually shooting up feels/seems really weird... like wtf am I doing to myself... until the weed wears off at least.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2016, 04:33:20 AM »
me too ... so I wait until stim-day then it's a godsend.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Roman Totale

• Reputation Power: 22
  • Roman Totale is now quite familiar.Roman Totale is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:July 27, 2018, 01:53:33 AM
  • It's alright, the way that you live
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2016, 08:55:21 AM »
I've actually gotten to smoke some weed a couple times in the last couple weeks and it always weirds me out now. Like it'll put my current way of thinking on its head. For example, thinking about or actually shooting up feels/seems really weird... like wtf am I doing to myself... until the weed wears off at least.

Yeah, like I've said somewhere else, weed was generally "my 'anti-drug,'," if you remember the cheesy 90s American public service announcements.  I'd go one toke over the line from "good time" socializing to "WTF am I doing fucking my brain up with drugs and alcohol, I'm literally killing myself and pathetically squandering all my natural gifts" staring at the refrigerator door, too bummed even to make a snack.  It was rough, to be sure, but I'm sure if I just got high enough all the time on the wrong strains, I'd never even touch a drink or a cigarette, let alone opiates, benzos, or anything.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2016, 11:40:51 AM »
Lol yeah I had decided to quit smoking cigarettes yesterday after smoking some weed... that lasted all of 30 minutes. I don't like it because it makes me feel... scared and anxious. I think you have to work at enjoying psychedelics... weed is only fun if you do it often.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions