dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Price of Narcan  (Read 13471 times)

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
Re: Price of Narcan
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 26, 2016, 12:12:51 PM »
Thank you Candy!

I still wish all this information was centralised and all accessible online without the need for any phone calls, broken down by state and county, but those websites are a huge help!

And yes, if there is a minimal cost associated with getting Narcan where you live--Pay It! A human life, yours or a friend of yours is priceless and if this forum has two primary missions I would say (this is just me personally) it's to Educate and Save Lives!

Think about how good you would feel is you saved your friends life. That's with a couple dollars.

As far as suboxone as a emergency medicine goes, I've yet to see a report where that successfully worked, and even if it was in liquid suspension in a needle (and i'm not even sure it's water soluble) I don't believe it would work fast enough. Narcan is used for a reason. Get it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Snout

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Snout is now quite familiar.Snout is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:September 28, 2023, 09:42:59 AM
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 08:46:25 PM »
Thank you for the info, Candy. I didn't mean to imply that I knew that bupe would work, I had only heard thAt it would. I think your advice to just get the Narcan is right on. Thank you
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I myself have found a real rival in myself,
I am hoping for a re-arrival of my health- wilco

Offline candy

• Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • candy has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 22, 2019, 03:23:09 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 05:00:11 AM »
It is best to try and get Narcan if you can.
Playing around with bup or other junkie myths on reversing an OD is just a waste of time and will lead to a needless death.
That is not pointed at you Snout, just meant to be something for everyone.

With the increased use in opiates for pain and for recreational use, getting Narcan to everyone is essential to preventing overdose.
With the new administration of Narcan nasally, it is easy to get it in to someone without having to draw it up and guess at dosing.
I believe that every patient who is given opiates for pain should also be given a script for Narcan.

What about accidental ingestion of a child or another adult who may not realize how potent that particular opiate is?

Another thing is aftercare. Narcan is very short acting and depending on the amount of opiates someone has taken, one dose may not be enough, and even if they do come to for a bit, they can still go out again.

When I started to play around with opiates, no one talked about Narcan or CPR. Now we have the opportunities to stop an overdose and making it available to all who need it is where we need to be.

The best thing you can do is get educated. The Harm Reduction Coalition has some great info on overdose information.
Go and get certified to learn CPR. It is a 4 hour class in most places and if you should ever have someone go out on you, you know what to do.
That is why Harm Reduction is so important for those like us who use on recreational basis and even for CPP.

Being responsible should go hand in hand with opiate use.   Mixing benzos and opiates, alcohol and opiates, more than one opiate in your system, all can lead to an overdose.  Any drug that depresses your breathing can lead to an overdose, especially when two or more are mixed.
That is something that anyone can educate others on. Know your shit and share it with others.

Don't be afraid to let someone know if you feel they are taking it way to fast or using to much. Better to mix words than have to be in a situation where you are scrambling to get to a phone to call 911 or trying to revive someone on your own.

I will attach the link to the Harm Reduction Coalition. Take a look and get as much info as you can.

http://harmreduction.org/issues/overdose-prevention/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:05:19 AM by candy »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Harm Reduction...
Enables choices, possibilities, and opportunities without imposing change.

Z

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 05:54:19 AM »
In NY some NX do training that includes a free Kit, others charge 12$. There is also a bi-weekly thirty minute free course at some upstate hospitals (not sure about NYC) that will also give IM vials. If anyone wants locations feel free to PM me.. I'm assuming that the harm reduction here trumps any sourcing policy's yeah? If not feel free reprimand me. Preferably water boarding, something about drowning slowly is just so appealing.

I don't think that any of the moderators would pursue sourcing for Narcan.  On the contrary providing info and links to Narcan is encouraged.  People who aren't able to get Narcan in their area can look to TraceyH at reddit, or send me an email and I might be able to steer you in the right direction.

Narcan saves lives, and it should be free and easily accessible for all of us.  That would turn this opiate epidemic into an opiate happening in no time, and that would be fucking amazing as far as I'm concerned.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline candy

• Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • candy has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 22, 2019, 03:23:09 PM
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 06:30:13 AM »
Z, I keep forgetting about TraceyH. She is a great resource and for supplies as well I believe.

It should be free and accessible, but I don't see that happening in the near future. It is unfortunate that we cannot access it without
jumping through hoops or paying high prices. $50 dollars can be a lot of money to many people and when something can save a life, it should
not cost a damn thing.

In Southern Calif., Orange County to be exact, they are just now getting around to their first real NEX going up in Santa Ana.
I have lived in Orange County for quite some time and to see so many people having to travel all the way to L.A. to get supplies is ridiculous.
I guess the powers that be finally decided that the increase in HIV/Hep C, and overdoses was finally enough to start an NEX.

How many people need to die to get an exchange going?

If you do have any links to getting Narcan, please post them. The more links we have, the better!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Harm Reduction...
Enables choices, possibilities, and opportunities without imposing change.

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 07:04:27 PM »
Just curious if anyone knows if narcan can be synthesized into any other opiates?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions