dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Car Trouble  (Read 36995 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Car Trouble
« Reply #59 from previous page: March 22, 2016, 12:47:44 PM »
So the saga continues... I am the kind of guy who thinks if it's not broke don't fix it, and this annoys me, I was wanting to get better gas mileage out of my car, and my car can get better gas mileage so I put the Seafoam shit in my gas tank. My car is getting between 20-30 mpg usually in the lower 20s and a lot of that is because of the way I drive. I accelerate fast and don't drive as economically as I can or should, but I like to have fun, I use my cruise control a lot of the time though to make up for some of it.

I decided to put a bottle of seafoam engine gas treatment stuff in my gas tank, I put the whole bottle in my gas tank and drove it around the highway. Well now it sounds 2x as loud, it sounds like I put a fart can exhaust pipe on it like the racers in Tokyo drift do to make it sound louder. It really isn't too annoying yet, just noticeable almost to the point where it is annoying.

It sounds more like a small truck with flowmasters on it that kind of "rumble" while driving, but it's a 1997 V6, 4 door Honda accord EX with 121,700 miles. It's been treated pretty great her whole life as far as maintenance goes. All the 100k mile stuff was done, regular oil changes, I want it to get to 300,000 miles because it can and should.

It's a kind of a low rumble when I'm driving when I press the gas it gets louder obviously. It definitely changed and is noticeable now, and it started the day after I put the seafoam in it. I just put it in the gas tank, with a few gallons in the gas tank, I drove it for a while on the highway then later put a half tank or less in. I didn't add it do the oil or vac. line at all.

Is there something wrong? Is this what it is supposed to sound like normally? What happened? It sounded perfect before, very quiet I couldn't hear it at all, especially when driving on the highway. I prefer it that way, it is loud when accelerating even if I have music on its noticeable is there anything I can do, or that I did wrong. Did I mess something up? Is there something I can change to fix this problem, is this the way it should be and the car is running better?

So really any help, ideas, suggestions would be a great help, as I don't know what to do. I am flying to Oklahoma tomorrow and getting the oil changed when I get back at the end of the month. My PO can still deny me Flying to Oklahoma to see my family, I am still going to try to go. She was supposed to tell me Friday when I went in for my monthly meeting but her supervisor wasn't there, and she said she would do it today.

I leave tomorrow, She wants me to bring in a paper that I don't have because I told her I had all my community service done when I don't have any of it done. She said I had to have it done and my classes done to go but the class place didn't have any classes starting until April so all I need is my Community Service hours completed to be approved to go, but I didn't do them.

All the Community Service stuff is going through a different company, and different service, so she is kind of taking my word on it that they are done, but she wants proof. I don't have any proof at all and I haven't started it even, and I don't know what to give her since I have nothing. I am hoping since it is a different company doing all the community service stuff that she won't be able to get any info from them and just okay me to go with out the paper because she likes me.

I haven't seen my family for 2 years, I already bought the non-refundable plane tickets, and she knows how much this week and going to see my family would mean to me and how much it is depressing me that I have been stuck in this state for 3 years on probation without being able to see my family or anything. I have had 3 years of clean UAs, no missed appointments or fees, or anything. I have been perfect pretty much

The only thing I have fucked up was getting arrested over a BS methadone DUI which my PO knew full well, I was driving there on done. She had known I had been driving on methadone every day for the past 3 years. She was happy that I was going to drive to see my family and knew all about me driving there while on methadone. When I originally got my car and insurance my PO was stoked for me and knew full well I was on MMT when I got it and when I was going on my trip. She was stoked I was going she never mentioned once driving on mmt could be illegal.

When I was driving home to see my family in Oklahoma it'd been over 19 hours since I'd even taken my dose when I got pulled over. I had woke up at 5 AM, packed for the trip, worked an 8 hour day, and was driving for almost 4 hours when I got pulled over. Boom DUI on methadone because I couldn't stand on one leg for 20 seconds with one eye closed without swaying for balance. I got ZERO help from her and I MOST definitely DID NOT GET ANY warning from her when she was giving me my license and talking about my trip to make sure I knew it is a dui drive while on MMT. That never happened I shouldn't of been charged fucking crooks.

This is the week I got arrested last year for the done DUI, so I am being extra careful, my dealer is calling me twice a day with super deals that I am staying away from. If my PO denies me flying to see my family I am going to be so pissed. I am going to try and go anyway and deal with it when I get back. I haven't been able to visit my family in 2 YEARS because of her last year when they arrested me for the MMT DUI while trying to drive home to see my family over spring break which really pissed me off because my PO knew I was driving knew I had gotten my car 5 months before and was super happy for me and she knew I was going to be driving there while on methadone but she didn't say shit.

So Please pray that she approves me i am tired of waiting and worrying. i really hope and wish that she doesn't deny me seeing my family again its been over 2 years which is her fault for the most part anyway and I really want to see my family. What should I do about my car, any ideas? and what should I do I'm my PO says yes on no to me going? what should i do??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Dog Food

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Dog Food is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 30, 2021, 02:49:57 AM
  • Our Community
Re: Car Trouble
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2016, 10:29:50 PM »
Take it to a mechanic that has the right equipment to figure whats failing. I work on cars everyday and the only way youre gonna get a good answer.  The cars pretty old, and could be a bunch of things
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal