dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: How quickly does your clinic give out take homes?  (Read 19177 times)

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
Re: How quickly does your clinic give out take homes?
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 23, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »
All the U.S. clinics have to follow the federal guidelines...which are the MINIMUM requirements that clinic must follow.  However, each state (and each clinic) can make up rules that take longer than what the federal guidelines say.  For example, the federal guidelines may say 30 days for the first take home, but the individual clinic can make up their own rule such as 90 days for the first bottle.

They have to obey the minimum requirements.  Unfortunately, each clinic can tack on as much time to requirements as they want.  It can't be less time..but more time, no problem! And, that, my child, sucks balls!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:29:51 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 11:54:32 PM »
what amazes me is why they don't prescribe Morphine ER or MS Contin for those that don't tolerate Methadone well.

when I get a chance, I use the Morphine oral extended release pills and I do not get high but I do feel more normal.

shooting it just doesn't hold me long enough.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2015, 04:08:27 AM »
what amazes me is why they don't prescribe Morphine ER or MS Contin for those that don't tolerate Methadone well.

when I get a chance, I use the Morphine oral extended release pills and I do not get high but I do feel more normal.

shooting it just doesn't hold me long enough.

ER Morphine Maintenance is a dream of mine.

I hated methdone because it was entirely too sedating. 

Part of the problem was me being very ignorant of methadone at the time, chasing a high that was never really there, and not really needing maintenance at that point in my junky career.

Another part of the problem was how lax the clinic was. They allowed people as much rope as they wanted to hang themselves. I think it's good to let people choose their dose, and that clinics shouldn't impose arbitrary dose caps. But having said that I think clinics should be more proactive in monitoring their clients to ensure they're not over medicated.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 04:12:52 AM by Narkotikon »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2015, 11:45:43 AM »
I feel that way about my clinic sometimes Nark. I would say 50% of the patients at my clinic are on doses above 150 mg one guy is on 400 mg and a bunch of people are on 200-300. I was allowed to go up to 280 with zero problem and no suggestions or advice to not go that high it only took 2 months. I was taking about 800mg of oxy or 2-3 gs of bth a day but still 280 is to high. I think I would of been fine on 150 and that the extra was all mental. I am on 90 now, and thats only cus I save 20 mgs a day to enjoy once a week or have a little in case of emergency.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taco Supreme

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Taco Supreme is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 08, 2023, 01:52:59 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 11:08:58 AM »
At my nj clinic we automatically have a Sunday take home. To get the next one its 90 days clean then every 90 days you get another. Also you get allowed one dirty urine without losing the bottle but if you already have one bottle the next won't be for 6 months after a dirty or longer depending how many bottles you have after the dirty.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions