dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: The empire's ship is sinking...  (Read 8246 times)

Offline St. Theresa (OP)

• Reputation Power: 0
  • St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
The empire's ship is sinking...
« on: December 19, 2015, 04:28:58 PM »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
Re: The empire's ship is sinking...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 05:45:12 PM »
just started watching this, but wanted to note, I'd DEF give that chick the d take her out to a nice dinner. I'm not a creepy fuck that checks out every woman and rates them on a bonable or not scale, but something about that chick I find super sexy.

NOTE: EDITED BY DIZZLE SO AS NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE HERE

also, I'm aware how NON-helpful and OT my comment is, but ya know.

Back to the topic-

intresting at one point he admitted at once point that he was the one that wrote the speech for Colin Powell when he said "we're invading Iraq for WMD's" and he straight up admitted it was bullshit and they knew it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:55:11 PM by dizzle »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 05:48:11 PM »
TLDW?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 06:04:18 PM »
This guy crystallizes what a lot of people are becoming more aware of - the US military's vested and overwhelming interest in maintaining and continuing conflicts throughout the world. And Islamic terrorism is a very convenient and serendipitous phenomenon at work in the world to oblige them (the US military).

That's not to say that "9/11 was an inside job just so that the military will have something to do" as many people contend. I will say that US foreign policy has a lot to do with inciting the radical Islamist crazies in the middle East, and that this incitement in part led to 9/11 and still inspires terrorists, though.

But what are you going to do? I mean once this ball is rolling, we can't let them win, even a little bit. So, unless we want to give in to terrorists and let them have influence over our own governments, we don't have the option to "put down the gun," so to speak. I don't see any time in the future where the efforts of the US military and other allies will ever be able to eradicate an entire religion from the Earth (which would be a real tragedy), or even (more appropriately) eradicate that most radical and violent faction of the faith. So the conflict will continue indefinitely, until something unanticipated occurs.

It's a double tragedy that our great country has been reduced to one where 0.0000001% of the population controls 99.999999% of the wealth (numbers inflated to make a point), and constant war-mongering is what creates most of this discrepancy, and a double tragedy that one of the one the big three religions that "get it" insofar as how the spiritual structure of the universe is laid out (Islam) has been reduced to one where the adherents are happy to blow up schoolbuses in suicide attacks and cut the heads of men who don't have a bear off, in the eyes of the vast majority of non-Muslims.

I'm just rambling at this point and anyone who reads this shit is running the risk of being poisoned by my morphine-addled thought processes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline St. Theresa (OP)

• St. Theresa has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 06, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 07:01:35 PM »
just started watching this, but wanted to note, I'd DEF give that chick the d take her out to a nice dinner. I'm not a creepy fuck that checks out every woman and rates them on a bonable or not scale, but something about that chick I find super sexy.

Back to the topic-

intresting at one point he admitted at once point that he was the one that wrote the speech for Colin Powell when he said "we're invading Iraq for WMD's" and he straight up admitted it was bullshit and they knew it.

Yeah she's a beautiful woman and I like her interview. I don't consider making note of that off topic, dizzle. She was def the nicer one to look at in that interview. Lol

I thought that this video would just serve as a reminder that war equals money. It's almost like they want to keep people fighting in order to keep their power and wealth!! ;)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. "I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs."
"I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking."
"Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!"
"Shut up! Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control."-BH

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 08:56:30 PM »
The United States has no interest
In not perpetuating war

U.S. has some 1400 foreign military bases
Yet the Pentagon is looking to increase
That number
This year
With bases in the Middle East and Africa
To combat Islamic State and other jihaddi groups
They are trying to convince the White House
And the public
That the price of doing so will stay
In the single millions
And...
I was born yesterday

It's beyond fucked
That a president who was anti war
Wants to approve this proposal from the Pentagon
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Offline jdub

• SA_Chat+
  • jdub has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 25, 2018, 03:39:20 AM
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 02:46:11 AM »

Back to the topic-

Slide up in the dm's bro!!  https://mobile.twitter.com/abbymartin?lang=en

I think she's smoking hot too. Her looks, voice, and the fact she created that series.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jdub

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 03:14:57 AM »
The United States has no interest
In not perpetuating war

U.S. has some 1400 foreign military bases
Yet the Pentagon is looking to increase
That number
This year
With bases in the Middle East and Africa
To combat Islamic State and other jihaddi groups
They are trying to convince the White House
And the public
That the price of doing so will stay
In the single millions
And...
I was born yesterday

It's beyond fucked
That a president who was anti war
Wants to approve this proposal from the Pentagon

I'm not sure I believe the president was ever actually anti-war. He sure presented himself that way however.

Zoops- I think the us can and should "put the gun down" in regards to terrorism. I think we will have to to actually win the "war" on terrorism insofar as we need to further radicalizing the region with our actions. Bombing wedding parties with drones  and supporting the Saudis in Yemen (one of any examples) is counterproductive in the long run, but the military contractors and talking heads it government and the media will never say that.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:18:08 AM by jdub »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline 6-mam

• SA_Chat+
  • 6-mam has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 02:00:13 PM
  • The tea is verrrrry good.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 04:12:50 AM »
Haven't seen this, thanks ST.

I just want to say my opinion... we as the people of this country need to realize that everything, in and of itself, is further exacerbated by nondescript lives and solitude, which forces different multitudes of fallacy, which ruptures hindrance and establishes cunnilingus, in so much as redundancy surmounts my opinion, as a whole of society, is contracted in a scripted multitude, of foreign compositions of massive phallusy, regarding soup and spaghetti monsters.

EDIT: nvm to much anglican bible today.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 12:45:16 AM »

Zoops- I think the us can and should "put the gun down" in regards to terrorism. I think we will have to to actually win the "war" on terrorism insofar as we need to further radicalizing the region with our actions. Bombing wedding parties with drones  and supporting the Saudis in Yemen (one of any examples) is counterproductive in the long run, but the military contractors and talking heads it government and the media will never say that.

It depends on the media outlet. I don't watch it, but I think Fox News would rather go off the air than say we should lay down our guns to win the war on terror. They're simply the (usually ignorant) mouthpiece of the Republican Party. It's in their best interest to promote a pro-war agenda.

MSNBC (I forget which show) made that exact same argument: that we need to quit antagonizing the Middle East with our military because it just gives them further drive to attack the West (i.e., us). Attacks by us simply make them want to fight harder. It emboldens them. Especially the radicalized segments of Islam.

That argument was made in connection to ISIS. In response to the Republican *cough* douchebag *cough* candidates ignorant assertions that they'd carpet bomb the region, send ground troops, and generally intensify our war efforts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Morfy

• Free Falling Around The World
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 01:44:51 AM
  • Enjoying the stelliferous era--while it lasts
    • THE DRUGS AND USERS CHAT ROOM
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 03:51:58 AM »

I like well-put together vids/documentaries like this one.

Which poses the question:

When do YOU think the American Empire peaked?

Personally, I think it was in the early 1970's: Moon missions, leaving the gold-standard, no-fault divorce, WOD, Viet nam, etc.... 

Remarkably short time between 1945 and 1971: 26 years or so.

Et Romani risit ....

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All matter is simply cooled and condensed energy.

Offline jdub

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 04:30:12 AM »
It depends on the media outlet. I don't watch it, but I think Fox News would rather go off the air than say we should lay down our guns to win the war on terror. They're simply the (usually ignorant) mouthpiece of the Republican Party. It's in their best interest to promote a pro-war agenda.

MSNBC (I forget which show) made that exact same argument: that we need to quit antagonizing the Middle East with our military because it just gives them further drive to attack the West (i.e., us). Attacks by us simply make them want to fight harder. It emboldens them. Especially the radicalized segments of Islam.

That argument was made in connection to ISIS. In response to the Republican *cough* douchebag *cough* candidates ignorant assertions that they'd carpet bomb the region, send ground troops, and generally intensify our war efforts.

I'm not sure why you turned the discussion towards media outlets. I'm talking about us foreign policy as a whole. Not news coverage although I'll admit the two are closely related.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 04:53:25 AM »
I like well-put together vids/documentaries like this one.

Which poses the question:

When do YOU think the American Empire peaked?

Personally, I think it was in the early 1970's: Moon missions, leaving the gold-standard, no-fault divorce, WOD, Viet nam, etc.... 

Remarkably short time between 1945 and 1971: 26 years or so.

Et Romani risit ....

Personally I don't like the idea of an American Empire. We go around the world acting like we own it. Very arrogant. No wonder so many countries hate or think poorly of us.

I was in Italy for most of January 2003 on a class trip. Each city we were in had mass protesters protesting America and Americans. We had to walk past them in Florence. As we were walking back from the Pitti Palace to the hotel groups of protesters were screaming no sales (saldi) for the foreigners in Italian and English. January is a period of big sales in Italy. Didn't matter to me. I wasn't shopping. It was just amazing to walk in front of such hate.

Unrelated note: Florence is flat and paved in cobble stones in a lot of places. Beautiful but torture on the feet. I eventually had to pay a taxi to take me back to the hotel one of the days.

Jdub: because at the end of your last post you were saying the military contractors, the media, etc. wouldn't say we should lay down arms to reduce conflict. I was saying MSNBC said that same thing recently.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:54:59 AM by Narkotikon »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Tags: