dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Stealing a slowly ride to hell...  (Read 8819 times)

Offline nikita70 (OP)

• The Second Of My Name, A Woman Who Runs With Words, Queen Of The Excess, MissThInkLink
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • nikita70 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 11, 2024, 02:23:19 AM
  • They don't have bread-WTF?Let'em eat Opium instead
Stealing a slowly ride to hell...
« on: December 04, 2015, 05:16:13 PM »
Just run into this quite randomly-as I was browsing/"rummaging" You Tube.
This shit made me feel shattered-hardly slept the night after watching this video...
Thought it could happen to just anybody...

I just can't believe it. I have heard about cases of cold turkey withdrawal' caused deaths, but always thought they were just "ISOLATED CASES",
as after I have seen this video/reading this, I got a grasp that cutting one off of the drugs the person got usual/legal prescribed because of their legit condition is a common procedure in US' jails.
Well, seems America is not only our (I mean Polish people') oldier Brother in "dope' faith",
but also our Menthor in drug' Inquisition...

I'm really not any "fainting lady" but trying to figure out someone to "vanish" slowly while "being stretched on his bedside" under cameras during 17(!!!) days long cold turkey agony, to eventually die, without to receive any proper treatment-is just beyond my comprehension. 

Is cutting any drugs off a usual procedure in US' jails?

People used to call it "shameful neglecting", as I'd rather be tend to say about "deliberately cruelty" and "refined, methodical torturing", what seems way, way worse and more disturbing to me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/family-sues-after-man-dies-while-in-jail-for-unpaid-parking-ticket_56044469e4b00310edfa778b

(I'm not sure if the link works, anyway, the poor guy's name is David Stoicevski...)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A Toda Madre O Un Desmadre

BloodInBloodOutBloodIn

Junkies are like noodles-straight 'til gettin' wet

"Maybe we should follow in the steps of Artonin Artaud and throw our remaining dope in the river,
get flung into gut-wrenching purging withdrawal,drink ayahuasca and eat peyote..." (Roman Totale)

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Stealing a slowly ride to hell...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 06:20:46 PM »
Yes unfortunately in all the jails I have been in they wouldn't give people any prescription meds besides anti-psychotics. No matter what the use, I have seen people with broken bones only given tylenol because they don't have and don't allow any controlled substances in jail. Same thing with benzos they just take you off everything you were on, even if you have been prescribed it your whole life for legitimate reasons. They will check your blood pressure occasionally if you are looking deathly from taking you off meds.

Even if you are detoxing from alcohol, they don't give you anything unless you start having seizures in which case they will send you to a hospital for treatment and then once you are done detoxing they send you back to jail. Some states in the U.S. are different and allow it but it is up to each jail, city, and state on what regulations and policies they have. In Oklahoma they are required to continue your methadone treatment if you were on a program before being arrested but several jails don't do it and go against state regulations without much recourse if any at all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline alpha

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • alpha is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 28, 2023, 10:00:06 AM
  • Just another day in paradise
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 06:53:33 PM »
Ya know, I seriously start to wonder if the explosion of mass shootings were trend lined along with the increased War On Drugs and the growth of the Prison Industrial Complex, would we see the same lines showing the same growth over time?  All makes me sick   :'( :'( :'(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
RIP Chemboy, Entropy, Paups, Than, Dr. McKay, GnD, Poonwalla, Southernbelle, goagirl, lalifer, Eon, Count Zero

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 07:10:11 PM »
Quote from: nikita

It is the norm unfortunately.

Shit is beyond fucked up. Talk about "cruel and unusual."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline lawyerup

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • lawyerup is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 20, 2022, 07:39:05 PM
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 07:31:23 PM »
very difficult to watch, i hope some heads get cracked.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Reezy

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Reezy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 20, 2018, 02:50:54 PM
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 03:28:46 AM »
Jail i was in alcoholics would get ativan and one dude was prescribed Klonopin but they immediately start a taper. A fast one.

Opiate withdrawal you got like 3 pills, sure one of them was for blood pressure, not sure what the other ones were. it was somebody else.

If you get in a fight and get your teeth knocked out you might get Tylenol 3. I was waiting for a dude with a bad ingrown toenail to get some pills and trade for em.. Another dude had some pill, lmfa, i had become known as the "pharmacist" in the sense of knowing what shit was. he brings a pill asking what it is and what it does. it was for like gout or something. lmfao. i was like idk. he was like "i thought he knew" people laughed. this dude snorted some gout pill talking bout later he's dizzy and shit. Who knows maybe gout pills be fire.  :P ::) ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 05:05:31 AM »
Just run into this quite randomly-as I was browsing/"rummaging" You Tube.
This shit made me feel shattered-hardly slept the night after watching this video...
Thought it could happen to just anybody...

I just can't believe it. I have heard about cases of cold turkey withdrawal' caused deaths, but always thought they were just "ISOLATED CASES",
as after I have seen this video/reading this, I got a grasp that cutting one off of the drugs the person got usual/legal prescribed because of their legit condition is a common procedure in US' jails.

Well, seems America is not only our (I mean Polish people') oldier Brother in "dope' faith",
but also our Menthor in drug' Inquisition...

I'm really not any "fainting lady" but trying to figure out someone to "vanish" slowly while "being stretched on his bedside" under cameras during 17(!!!) days long cold turkey agony, to eventually die, without to receive any proper treatment-is just beyond my comprehension. 

People used to call it "shameful neglecting", as I'd rather be tend to say about "deliberately cruelty" and "refined, methodical torturing", what seems way, way worse and more disturbing to me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/family-sues-after-man-dies-while-in-jail-for-unpaid-parking-ticket_56044469e4b00310edfa778b

(I'm not sure if the link works, anyway, the poor guy's name is David Stoicevski...)

It sounds like that guy in the article died from benzo withdrawal, I'm sure complicated by opiate withdrawal, although the latter isn't generally considered life-threatening unless you have other medical issues that the stress of opiate withdrawal complicated. Jerry Garcia died in an opiate detox facility when he had a heart attack (?) in the night whie being detoxed.

I have no doubt that the average jailers (usually local cops and sherrifs deputies) are told that opiate withdrawl isn't as bad as the dependent person makes it out to be and it will pass. Combined with the contempt for drug users drilled into them and you have a recipe for deaths by neglect. There have also been cases of asthmatics and diabetics dying in "short-term" incarceration due to the guards' ignorance and insensitivity.

As far as continuing prescribed medicines and managing detoxes from illicit ones, it varies from state-to-state and even county-to-county inside the states. I'm sure quite a few members here will have first hand knowledge. In my experience they will put you in the "infirmary" if you tell them on intake that you are drug-dependent. However that doesn't mean you will get much actual medical care.

We've been fed so much misinformation about the nature of addiction that we have become instutionally callous to those who suffer from it. For all the lip service the "recovery" industry gives to it being a "disease" I think there remains an underlying belief that it is really a moral failing or as sign of weak character and therefore worthy of contempt.

More about the American "Prison Industrial Complex": http://mediaroots.org/tortured-enslaved-enter-the-worlds-biggest-prison/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:17:16 AM by DeadCat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline itsmainline

• Reputation Power: 2
  • itsmainline is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 12, 2019, 03:58:14 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 04:08:33 PM »
In nyc rikers island, they keep on your methadone rx  for the full stay or they detox you in 2 Mos or under if it's a felony charge. My past felony I beat but it would have been 60 days detox from 200mg. Benzo or alcohol detox is a 12 day librium taper and you can end up on klonopin if fl you ask to see the proper MD (neurologist). Dope habits are done over 10 days starting  at 20 or 30mg. 

For misdemeanor charges they keep you on 7r Mmt dose throughout  your sentence  with the pin or librium if you know how to get that stated riders only tho
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions