dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Locking, alarm equipped pill dispensers  (Read 16917 times)

Offline lilbay21213

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • lilbay21213 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 07, 2018, 08:50:01 AM
  • Our Community Board
Re: Locking, alarm equipped pill dispensers
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 29, 2015, 10:13:01 PM »
I can relate Bama Gurl mine has been in the upper 9's and i admit chipping has been a huge help but i do not want to go back that route either. UGH it like damned if you do damned if you don't.

Michelle I was in a chair in my 40's and late 30's and discovered that without insurance i could go on Methadone clinic to stay out of the chair but my main doctor talked me into going on Pain Management and i thought oh these docs will help me
WRONG and now i am back to using the chair in the house again
I get so so frustrated i just want to scream at this doctor.
I have a advocate i been keeping a pain journal and i have 3 doctors on my team willing to talk to this doctor about my issues nad so i pray i go back the 10th i will know more then.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline BamaPainGurl (OP)

• I'm one of those regular weird people.
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • BamaPainGurl is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 04, 2019, 05:31:48 AM
  • Caught up in a vicious cycle.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 12:56:31 AM »
My heart goes out to everyone here, even myself. Because as comforting as it can be to have someone be able to empathize with our situations, we have had to go through hell to be able to do so. I get so many looks from strangers that assume I am just a lazy slacker because I have handicap parking tag, and a scooter to get around on whenever I go to a store for longer than 15 minutes or so. And heaven forbid! I use one of the stores electric buggies! I am taking that away from someone who "really needs it"!

Lilbay, not sure if it's the weather fronts moving through or something else on top of trying to behave like a housewife should by cooking and cleaning, but my pain has either stayed high or peaked to the screaming face on the pain scale. This has been going on at least since the week before turkey day. And looking at the coming weeks it doesn't look like things will be conducive to a break for me. Grandbaby has tonsils out Fri, husband leaves sun for a scheduled continuing education class that lasts a week and my mom has surg next Monday and out of hospital Tues with no one to help her during the day. I feel like I just want to curl up in the bed with my meds, lol. Not gonna happen.

Hoping y'all all have better weeks coming up! Take care of yourselves and rest lots for me! ~ Lissa   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline potato

• Reputation Power: 2
  • potato is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 24, 2016, 10:20:16 PM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2015, 03:15:58 PM »
Hey guys ... these things have been a godsend for me.  It's not just the fact that it locks (though that definitely helps you get on the schedule in the beginning) ... it's really the fact that it keeps you super regular and on a strict schedule.

The best ones that are remotely affordable are made by "medready" ... they are on amazon for ~$150 and can maybe be found elsewhere cheaper.  It uses a basic cylindrical key, but the locking mechanism is pretty sturdy.  The cheaper white ones on amazon use this absurdly easy to defeat locking mechanism, so when I woke up the first night in pain it took me all of thirty seconds to get at the rest of my pills  and screw over "future me".

Beyond the quality lock, the medready ones also come with a wall-charger and lithium-ion battery ... meaning you don't really have to worry about it resetting with your pills trapped inside.  It lets you set 4 alarms for the day ... and has 28 slots ...

If you're having trouble sticking to your pill regimen I highly recommend it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dizzle

• that nizzle
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.dizzle is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:February 15, 2019, 02:40:50 AM
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 01:38:19 PM »

Quote from: potato
I woke up the first night in pain it took me all of thirty seconds to get at the rest of my pills  and screw over "future me".

lol. Right? future guy ALWAYS gets screwed by present guy. and there's NOTHING future guy can do about it. reminds me of a Seinfeld standup bit.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 01:43:06 PM by dizzle »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2015, 04:04:58 PM »
I hate 'present' Snoop.

He makes the WORST calls, that guy.

Future Snoop has a great head on his shoulders... But he is defenseless and at the TOTAL mercy of his preemptive counterpart.

Maybe one day 'future Snoop' and 'present Snoop' will come together and do what's right for us.

But I ain't gonna hold my breath.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline skramamme

• Reputation Power: 9
  • skramamme is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 12:28:14 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 08:15:28 PM »
I can relate Bama Gurl mine has been in the upper 9's and i admit chipping has been a huge help but i do not want to go back that route either. UGH it like damned if you do damned if you don't.

Michelle I was in a chair in my 40's and late 30's and discovered that without insurance i could go on Methadone clinic to stay out of the chair but my main doctor talked me into going on Pain Management and i thought oh these docs will help me
WRONG and now i am back to using the chair in the house again
I get so so frustrated i just want to scream at this doctor.
I have a advocate i been keeping a pain journal and i have 3 doctors on my team willing to talk to this doctor about my issues nad so i pray i go back the 10th i will know more then.

It's like they'd rather a person have a terrible quality of life than be physically dependent on opiates.
And now they like to trot out the couple of (from what I understand far from conclusive) studies that show prolonged opiate use may actually increase our pain... so even though it's not conclusive it's certainly being used as yet another reason to kick us off effective meds that let us live a half way "normal" life  :-\
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Of all the things I value most in life
I see my memories and feel their warmth
And know that they are good,
You know that I should

Offline skramamme

• Reputation Power: 9
  • skramamme is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 25, 2023, 12:28:14 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 08:16:35 PM »
With the pill locks... what's to stop you from just using the key to unlock it? Or does the key only work at the set times? IDGI  ???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Of all the things I value most in life
I see my memories and feel their warmth
And know that they are good,
You know that I should

Offline potato

• Reputation Power: 2
  • potato is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 24, 2016, 10:20:16 PM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 11:19:13 PM »
> what's to stop you from just using the key to unlock it?

I Just have someone in my house hide it from me ... or put it on their keychain.  You need to be a little motivated to make it work .. as you can obviously get the key back from who-ever you gave it to.  I mean if you really wanted to break into it's made out of plastic ... and isn't exactly fort knox ...

I guess you can probably put the key in a safety deposit box or some-such too ... that way you'll have to go to the bank during business hours ... by which time it'd probably be time for your next dose anyhow.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions