dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: For all thee who doubt the pill mill experience  (Read 19368 times)

Offline Wildcat

• One love, One life-you'll lose it if you don't care for it
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Wildcat is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 09, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
  • constant companion pain
Re: For all thee who doubt the pill mill experience
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 18, 2015, 05:36:16 PM »
1,590 30s is a 30 day supply??? Ugh. Yes please. Wonder what happened to that patient after the doctor was arrested.

lol...............

how could somebody even metabolize that much binder/filler in over 40 30s per day? that many 30s u'd need to use a soup ladle to start eating them.

LMAO!!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They put their hand out to you when you need it, and you have to remember to put your hand out when they need it too, that's what friends do"  - Mick Dodge

Offline Sand and Water

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Sand and Water has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:March 16, 2016, 06:27:41 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 06:27:29 PM »
@corlene, if i recall (which after the marathon day today i might not, so apologies), was it you that posted about FL not having PMPs?  That would explain a big part of the sideways sort of prescribing (tho it happens to a smaller extent when PMPs are required too) for sure! 

And boy are you right about multi state licensure, revocation etc. The level of "white coat hiding" is huge. If anyone's curious, many states have this info on pharmacist, RNs, LPns, nurse aides, dental hygienists, massage and so on. Often, it takes several months for the info to show up, but it IS accessible & viewable by the public.

Interestingly the ONE group exempted from the public being able to access info on complaints, probation, license revocation in its entirety is MDs. I think this is a longstanding perk thats still in place from the good ole "doctor is God" & the AMA had tremendous power days. But just my .002 theory ;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:30:03 PM by Sand and Water »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.
Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Offline corlene (OP)

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 06:36:25 PM »
I may have said it before 2010 when they put em in place, I think it was around september, don't quote me on that tho... and these docs thst are still doing it are dirty as fuck, they get away with it and it's mostly a cash only business.

I definitely  know thst there is a pmp, but doctors and pharmacists are not required to take a peak at certain docs, or the drug seekers.

Some states require you to look at the record. I've gotten the chance to look myself up, it's pretty neat.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Wildcat

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 07:51:53 PM »
@corlene, if i recall (which after the marathon day today i might not, so apologies), was it you that posted about FL not having PMPs?  That would explain a big part of the sideways sort of prescribing (tho it happens to a smaller extent when PMPs are required too) for sure! 

And boy are you right about multi state licensure, revocation etc. The level of "white coat hiding" is huge. If anyone's curious, many states have this info on pharmacist, RNs, LPns, nurse aides, dental hygienists, massage and so on. Often, it takes several months for the info to show up, but it IS accessible & viewable by the public.

Interestingly the ONE group exempted from the public being able to access info on complaints, probation, license revocation in its entirety is MDs. I think this is a longstanding perk thats still in place from the good ole "doctor is God" & the AMA had tremendous power days. But just my .002 theory ;)

Au contraire, if I am not mistaken- you can find info like that on Pro Publica, I believe. Also the Dept. of Professional Regulation
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:54:58 PM by Wildcat »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They put their hand out to you when you need it, and you have to remember to put your hand out when they need it too, that's what friends do"  - Mick Dodge

Offline Sand and Water

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 08:40:07 PM »
@Wildcat-- I did not know that. That's awesome!  If so, that eliminates a LOT of tine-consuming digging (& hit/miss info) for patients!  K, have learned *2* new things today-- thanks :)

ETA--sorry if I wasn't clear re:states' websites-- in NYS it's the Office of the Professions; drawing a blank on PEnnsylvania. Curious now, Wildcat are you referring to a National site or a State one?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:43:42 PM by Sand and Water »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Wildcat

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 09:06:16 PM »
@Wildcat-- I did not know that. That's awesome!  If so, that eliminates a LOT of tine-consuming digging (& hit/miss info) for patients!  K, have learned *2* new things today-- thanks :)

ETA--sorry if I wasn't clear re:states' websites-- in NYS it's the Office of the Professions; drawing a blank on PEnnsylvania. Curious now, Wildcat are you referring to a National site or a State one?

Propublica.org is national
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline corlene (OP)

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 09:15:28 PM »
Propublicia is not up to date, take a look. And the pmp reports information on pharmacists who dispense the crazy amounts. Also information on everyone who receives a schedule 4, 3, 2.

Propublicia is great if you want to see the doctors old habits and old office Info.

Many of the top prescribers in florIda for 2012 are in jail, on probation, lost their license, shit some even committed suicide. The info for Florida is actually 2013, not 2012 sorry.

Professional regulation? Maybe this: https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/IRM00PRAES/PRASLIST.ASP
You can search for the licensed pain management places in there too^^

I really wish we could share the names of these doctors. You think the guy in the original post is bad, imagine him but only writing for fentanyl products
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:30:51 PM by corlene »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Sand and Water

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 09:16:52 PM »

Propublica.org is national

Yes. I knew Pro Pub was national;  I was referring to the Dept. of Professional Regulation. Is it national as well? If so I should know this lol, but honestly, when accessed, it's always been for extreme situations (like patient abandonment/abuse or malpractice that was covered up by organization).

ETA: geesh sorry im more tired than i realized--meant to convey was a rare situation that I had to access.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:18:34 PM by Sand and Water »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dillydudeEL14

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • dillydudeEL14 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 28, 2022, 10:18:52 AM
  • HR Networking
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 12:02:34 AM »
I know this is an old post but I was reading about pill mills and this thread came up on google. I can vouch for what corlene said. It’s not how it was back pre2011 due to the database you can’t doctor shop ,  but there are definitely doctors who will still prescribe what you want. They usually only take cash or credit. I can vouch for this first hand that it is still true in 2017, I don’t wanna get any more specific than that.  And like corlene said the pill game is still very strong just expensive now. Since people can’t doctor shop that has really cut down on supply but they’re not gone by any stretch of the imagination. One thing I’ve noticed in my area at least is there is less oxycodone and more dilaudid now. I think oxycodone specifically has been demonized from all the press it got. Fine with me dilaudid is wayyy better imho.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Hooman

• Non-standard issue, also a
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Hooman is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 16, 2020, 02:17:46 AM
  • I've got a handful of coconut-size opium pods...
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 12:35:21 AM »
It's kind of a real 'No shit Sherlock' as to why Heroin has become huge in the US again, and so have (mainly illicit) Fentanyl analogues.  ???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 04:00:06 AM »
The doctor that testified on his behalf just got raided by the DEA about a month ago in my neck of the woods. He should've seen that coming when he testified that he didn't see anything wrong with writing 50+ roxies a day to one person.

It's on the news pretty much every night and they've said that some of his patients are testifying on his behalf. It's BS that they go after doctors so much just 'cause they're easier to bust 'cause they have a paper trail a mile long since everything is controlled and regulated and monitored.

If you got that many roxies a day, you could sell 'em for $30 each and make $47,700 a month and $572,400 a year! I think I'd sell my roxies and go to the closest 'done clinic so that I could make over half a million a year just by going to one doctor once a month. U wouldn't even have to leave your house to sell 'em either unless you wanted to so nobody would know where you lived.

Hell, I'd even buy a kilo of the purest dope I could find or an ounce or two of the purest fentanyl or carfent I could find and still make $300-500k a year depending on how pure the H was and how much it costs. Damn, I'd LOVE to have that script and I don't even like roxies. I'd continue working and make $650k a year! Then, I could retire after a few years and just go to the 'done clinic and get on 200mg's a day and take bars with it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:17:11 AM by bignasty »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions