dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: MMT : How Many Of You Abuse Your Takehomes ?  (Read 31454 times)

Offline clinton (OP)

• Reputation Power: 8
  • clinton is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:May 13, 2016, 05:09:47 AM
  • Harm Reduction & Safe Using
MMT : How Many Of You Abuse Your Takehomes ?
« on: November 12, 2015, 08:39:27 PM »
I've been reading and finding that many people here  on MMT don't follow proper protocol and abuse the meds that are supposed to be helping them. How many of you actually lock them away and use them according to schedule ? If you do abuse them how many do you take in one sitting ? How do you handle the week without your daily do ?  Do you use h or other opiates on top of it ? What was your reason for entering maintenance?  To legitimatly get better and attempt to fix your life or was it a means to guarantee that you'll have a steady supply of narcotics and hopefully help keep you out of w/ds....
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:47:58 PM by Chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In the vein...

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: MMT : How Many Of You Abuse Your Takehomes ?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 09:00:33 PM »
I take mine as prescribed. When I first started I would sometimes dip into my future doses after the honeymoon phases. It never did anything for me. I usually ended up feeling a little down 2-3 days after doing it anyway but that could of been in my head. I haven't used any extra in the last year. The last time I did was to help me get some sleep at night. I couldn't sleep so I took maybe 20 mgs extra and it helped but I haven't done that in over a year.

The 7th of this month was my 2 years clean from all opiates except done I have been trying to stay away from benzos because they were becoming a problem. I have only taken them a few days a month for the last year and have been able to stay away sense September. They just cause more problems then its worth even though I can get a script for them monthly.

I was on 2 weeks at a time when I got arrested for my methadone dui. After 4 months of staying clean without methadone I started back on MMT July 1st. I am now working my way back to that. I just got my phase 3 which means I go mon, tues, thurs, and fri. At the beginning of January I will get phase 4 which means I will go 3 days a week. Then I have to wait 3 months after that for weeklies and 3 months after that for 2 weeks at a time.

Basically it takes 9 months to get weeklies and a year to get 2 weeks at a time. You also can't miss any appointments, UAs, or doses and can't fail any UAs. They changed it after I had already gotten to 2 weeks at a time you used to be able to do it 3 months faster but now they make you have 3 months of not messing up to get your first phase.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 10:57:33 PM »
@Griffin...Sooooo jealous of your take home schedule.  My clinic is 18 months (all clean ua's etc.) for a week and EIGHTEEN months for two weeks..which is the maximum amount we can ever get!

Anyway, I pick up for the week on friday.  I usually take my full dose(i am on split dosing) and the next days full dose on friday morning.  It allows me to feel  content with a burst of energy that I don't get from dosing single doses, even if they are not split.

The rest of the week I take a prescribed.  This, of course leaves me short a dose for Thursday, which is the day before my pickup.  I am sometimes a bit uncomfortable the day I miss, but nothing to write home about.  It makes the next mornings double dose a bit nicer.

I have stopped shooting dope, but I am still scripted Duragesic patches (by my pcp who does not drug test thank the good lord above..or whoever!).  i get ten a month (100mcg-brand name patchs) that I use bucally and go through in about three days. 

The three days I have the patches are great because I am able to be virtually pain-free, which, due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis and my failed spinal fusion, is a blessing.

I wish I could go to pain management again, but I know how that would turn out!!!  I am unable to control my drug use and would eventually get kicked out.  I doubt any doctor would prescribe me anything for pain management if they knew my history.  Hence, why things are currently the way they are!

In an ideal, pain management world, I would be back on Actiq or Fentora or other immediate release fentanyl product for pain and remain on the methadone to treat my addiction!  The one thing I have noticed is that it is no longer a travesty when I am out of fent patches.  The done covers the withdrawl from them and helps me not to crave them so much.  Very helpful because not only is fentanyl my absolute favorite, but I find it to be a very fiendy drug in general.

I went on MMT (this time) because my life was in the crapper.  I was always sick, I had started to steal meds and I'm sure if I had kept going I would have been in jail.  My home life sucked as I went to the extremes...extreme sickness or extremely loaded and non functioning.  MMT has given me the stability I need.

Even thouygh I am not doing it perfectly, for me it is a huge improvement that has allowed me to get my life and relationships back...and for now, that is good enough for me!!!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:01:37 PM by Lolleedee »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline clinton (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 11:00:34 PM »
Exactly what I was looking for Lolleedee and Griffin , thank you..hopefully we get more responses ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In the vein...

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 12:20:10 AM »
I'm all over the place as I tend to have mine earlier and earlier and occasionally add a bit more.

then I struggle at the end on occasion.

my good friend also throws me s little M. and that's a great comfort.

this week, I am on track.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline clinton (OP)

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 12:23:39 AM »
Proud of you ..keep it up ..you'll thank yourself trust me .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In the vein...

Offline corlene

• Reputation Power: 12
  • corlene is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 30, 2016, 08:32:51 AM
  • I alternate morphine and dilaudid in my PCA
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 12:34:29 AM »
@Griffin...Sooooo jealous of your take home schedule.  My clinic is 18 months (all clean ua's etc.) for a week and EIGHTEEN months for two weeks..which is the maximum amount we can ever get!

Anyway, I pick up for the week on friday.  I usually take my full dose(i am on split dosing) and the next days full dose on friday morning.  It allows me to feel  content with a burst of energy that I don't get from dosing single doses, even if they are not split.

The rest of the week I take a prescribed.  This, of course leaves me short a dose for Thursday, which is the day before my pickup.  I am sometimes a bit uncomfortable the day I miss, but nothing to write home about.  It makes the next mornings double dose a bit nicer.

I have stopped shooting dope, but I am still scripted Duragesic patches (by my pcp who does not drug test thank the good lord above..or whoever!).  i get ten a month (100mcg-brand name patchs) that I use bucally and go through in about three days. 

The three days I have the patches are great because I am able to be virtually pain-free, which, due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis and my failed spinal fusion, is a blessing.

I wish I could go to pain management again, but I know how that would turn out!!!  I am unable to control my drug use and would eventually get kicked out.  I doubt any doctor would prescribe me anything for pain management if they knew my history.  Hence, why things are currently the way they are!

In an ideal, pain management world, I would be back on Actiq or Fentora or other immediate release fentanyl product for pain and remain on the methadone to treat my addiction!  The one thing I have noticed is that it is no longer a travesty when I am out of fent patches.  The done covers the withdrawl from them and helps me not to crave them so much.  Very helpful because not only is fentanyl my absolute favorite, but I find it to be a very fiendy drug in general.

I went on MMT (this time) because my life was in the crapper.  I was always sick, I had started to steal meds and I'm sure if I had kept going I would have been in jail.  My home life sucked as I went to the extremes...extreme sickness or extremely loaded and non functioning.  MMT has given me the stability I need.

Even thouygh I am not doing it perfectly, for me it is a huge improvement that has allowed me to get my life and relationships back...and for now, that is good enough for me!!!

I have the option for fentora, actiq, onsolis too. Over all of the bt fent meds I'd rather have the fentora tho. But in the end a portable pCA is really where it at, which is what I have now.

There is a doctor here who starts u out on a month of oxycontin or opana er with break thru meds, and the following month ur on patches and ur choice of fent bt meds.

A month after that patches, fent bt med, and oral bt meds.

This guy is a neurologist who deals strictly with people who have failed back surgeries and crps/rsd. Im really suprised he hasn't been busted yet. He's been doing it since 99. I saw em for a couple years even.

Crooked as all hell, but he does take insurance and will fill out all the paperwork u need to get a very low copay on the meds, or even free from their patient assistance programs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 01:21:25 AM »

I have the option for fentora, actiq, onsolis too. Over all of the bt fent meds I'd rather have the fentora tho. But in the end a portable pCA is really where it at, which is what I have now.

There is a doctor here who starts u out on a month of oxycontin or opana er with break thru meds, and the following month ur on patches and ur choice of fent bt meds.

A month after that patches, fent bt med, and oral bt meds.

This guy is a neurologist who deals strictly with people who have failed back surgeries and crps/rsd. Im really suprised he hasn't been busted yet. He's been doing it since 99. I saw em for a couple years even.

Crooked as all hell, but he does take insurance and will fill out all the paperwork u need to get a very low copay on the meds, or even free from their patient assistance programs.

Actiq was awesome for pain.  I was on it years back when I was on pain management.  At that time I also had two spinal cord stimulator trials, but they were unable to get the leads around the hardware in my back so it didn't work.  I was really disappointed that it wasn't an option for me.

I wish I was close enough to see the guy you are talking about!  fent is the only thing that touches my pain..i'm sure the done has everything to do with that!

I would be much happier if my RA pain was in better contol.  I was on Embrel, which worked great.  When my insurance changed they would not approve the dosage I required. (they would only pay for 4 injections vs. the 8 I needed per month.).  I then did two, twelve infusion Remicade cycles.  That didn't work at all!  So, I've been riding the prednisone train for a year, but it has taken a toll on my body.  I just broke my knee and hand last week..that's my fifth bone break this year..yay prednisone and brittle bones!!!

I wish I had access to the fent, because when I have it I do
n't need to use the prednisone at all!  But, like I mentioned, my chances for pain management are like zilch!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Pullmyhair.

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Pullmyhair. is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:04:17 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 01:26:28 AM »
I technically abuse my takehomes, but I've used them on the same schedule for 7 or 8 years, and I've not used illicit drugs in over 5 years. I basically shoot massive doses two days a week (tue and fri), and then take a smaller dose on Saturdays. The two days I go without twice a week aren't a problem, I can still go to work/do whatever. It's a schedule that allows me to get loaded twice a week without any real withdrawals the rest of the time. I prefer doing it this way than to dosing everyday and feeling nothing from my dose. Plus, I feel like there are far less side effects. If you're a fast metabolizer, this kind of schedule obviously wouldn't work, but if you aren't, it's kind of the best of both worlds.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I want to live and I want to love. I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
-The Smiths

Offline 40mgtofreedom

• Reputation Power: 4
  • 40mgtofreedom is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 11, 2017, 07:52:53 AM
  • /home/stackhammer
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 02:08:32 AM »
I technically abuse my takehomes, but I've used them on the same schedule for 7 or 8 years, and I've not used illicit drugs in over 5 years. I basically shoot massive doses two days a week (tue and fri), and then take a smaller dose on Saturdays. The two days I go without twice a week aren't a problem, I can still go to work/do whatever. It's a schedule that allows me to get loaded twice a week without any real withdrawals the rest of the time. I prefer doing it this way than to dosing everyday and feeling nothing from my dose. Plus, I feel like there are far less side effects. If you're a fast metabolizer, this kind of schedule obviously wouldn't work, but if you aren't, it's kind of the best of both worlds.
ive quoted you before and said this before but ill say it again

i do the same exact thing taking lope by thur fri sat,  done this way for 3 years, really enjoy it because i get to get high 2 days a week as well as still feel really really good the third day, feel maybe a litle sub par thur when i start taking lope which leaves me feeling just fine....

i can get high as hell for these says for very little money, steadily
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline quzyke

• Recovering IV addict
  • Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • quzyke is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 20, 2019, 12:37:58 AM
  • I'd like to fly, but my wings have been so denied.
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 05:39:18 AM »
I used to abuse all of my takehomes, and bought extra methadone on top. Sometimes by the pickle jars full of delicious done. I would drink like 400mg or more at a time and redosed. I came close to dying multiple times as I was on high dose benzodiazepines as well and really pushed my luck by drinking on top of it all.

I'm glad to be able to say I now use my 'done as Rxed and can control my craving to take double-quadruple doses.

After years of daily clinic visits and losing takehomes I can finally go 3x a week. Sure I don't get high anymore (although my Ritalin and benzodiazepines give me a little euphoria on top of the done), but I get the ability to fix my life instead. I finally find that important and doable.

In short, don't abuse your methadone and stay as low dose as you can. I'm on 112mg because I kept chasing a non-existent buzz that I felt in the honeymoon period.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 06:32:03 AM »
Jealous of all you motherfuckers who get scripted all those tasty narcotics.

Me, I'm mixin up poppy seeds drinkin a few beers, and smokin weed a little bit when I get the chance.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline quzyke

• Recovering IV addict
  • Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • quzyke is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 20, 2019, 12:37:58 AM
  • I'd like to fly, but my wings have been so denied.
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 07:09:31 AM »
Jealous of all you motherfuckers who get scripted all those tasty narcotics.

Me, I'm mixin up poppy seeds drinkin a few beers, and smokin weed a little bit when I get the chance.

I wish I could trade for that honestly, I am dreading the tapering so much. I do love me some PST as well but sadly I can't drink any due to urine tests I can't afford to fail.

Less is more my friend.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2015, 11:09:06 AM »
I abuse mine too.  I am scripted split doses, and take two days worth at once then skip the next day.  I get pretty loaded quad dosing essentially and never feel sick.  Maybe a bit anxious for an hour before I dose. My baseline dose is half of my script, so sometimes I just set the extra aside.

Now I'm dreaming of pickle jars of done.  Methadone is actually one if my favorite drugs. I love the speedy noddy rush. Even the come up from an oral dose is nice, an reminiscent of an Iv rush.

What about you Clinton?  Back on the straight and narrow?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline clinton (OP)

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 07:24:05 PM »
I still abuse mine as well.. I try to make them last but sadly no...and I get so pissed when I'm at work sweating and anxious , asking myself why my present self loves to fuck the future version of me.

I get 6 carries a week of 120 mgs and shoot a half bottle at a time in a vain attempt to keep my supply longer ..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions