dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: More fun with methadone  (Read 9681 times)

Offline Opus (OP)

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
More fun with methadone
« on: October 27, 2015, 08:58:51 PM »
Have I mentioned the Gynecomastia? Do you know what that is??
Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia

I'm not as bad as that poor fucker, not yet anyway, but the shit HURTS, like BAD. Started with one nipple, now both hurt. BAD. Feels like there's something growing behind them. BOTH of them, and they fucking HURT.

TITS I'm growing fucking TITS from this shit.

It's (the pain) gotten a little better, the md cuts are working, but seriously JFC when does it stop with the symptoms? I was fine on MMT for two years, then just POW in 6mos. I got hammered with this shit and a 110mg jones doesn't go away overnight.

So yesterday, after.... 2.5 months of googling and probably 4-5 mos. of symptoms, I learned I have SIBO
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_intestinal_bacterial_overgrowth

From a) low gut motility (methadone), and b) not enough stomach acid or too high a PH (from stomach reflux pills, otc & scripted). Symptoms?

Started with like first thing in the am, go to the toilet, and not fart, but like a small seismic event. The neighbors have to be able to hear this shit, especially if I'm sitting on the toilet. KABOOM like farts. Doesn't really stink, I swear. It's mostly Hydrogen and CO2. It's a lot to do with low motility and having the wrong bacteria build up in the wrong place. It's REALLY fucking uncomfortable and REALLY fucking inconvenient and ANNOYING as ALL FUCKING HELL.

FUCK THIS!! I knew methadone was a PITA, but I had no idea shit was gonna be this bad. I just ~sorta got over the worst fucking sweating problem anyfuckingbody has EVER fucking dealt with. NASTY. I still sweat too much, but I'm down around the realm of what normal people probably consider "sweaty" -- not "drenched" or "soaked" -- not this soaking 2-3 tshirts an hour walking-down-the-street bullshit, sweat literally running off of my face.

So do what? Get ANOTHER fucking prescription to deal with, to chase around, rely on a bunch of career assholes to approve/pay for/sign for or jerkoff over or wtfever way they stick their nosy greedy paws in? Six different ways for a pharm tech/med tech/insurance doosh to completely fuck.with.my.life every.month isn't enough? I want 4, 5, 6, 7... Along with testosterone, I now need fucking anti-biotics and a diet and a couple months+ to fight this shit?? Because of methadone side-effects. Fucking AWESOME.

Ya'll can have this 'lifer' shit, and my sincere condolences if you're stuck on methadone, but FUCK this noise. I knew it was gonna be bad, it was bad when I barely gave it a chance, and this time I did give it a solid chance, but I had no idea it was gonna be this bad. I mean on top of all this extraneous health BULLSHIT, I still gotta kick it too. FUCK this noise. Over it. Done. FUCK methadone. .

Next time I fuck myself up, get a bottle of Vicoden from the ER and start drooling and scratching my face (oh and sweating & farting a lot), remind me about this BULLSHIT, ok?

FUCK this noise

/RANT
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:29:51 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: More fun with methadone
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 12:06:05 AM »
all side effects subside on the lower doses but even 17.5 can give me sweating hell.

I can't wait to be off this shit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 02:01:53 AM »
SIBO almost always involves symptoms more than just explosive gas and or diarrhea.  It usually involves Steatorrhea, bloating, severe pain, malabsorption and sizeable weight loss.  I know that proton pump inhibitors can be a contributing factor but the underlying cause is usually immunological(like is seen with celiac disease, RA, Lupus etc)diseases or structural problems in the gut.

I was just in the hospital for a week with a twisted bile duct and Sphincter of Oddi Dysfuction (type 1) and was tested for SIBO.  They sampled actual stomach fluid during an endoscopy.  despite having almost every symptom of SIBO, I tested negative.  I would make sure this is actually your correct diagnosis...unless you just plan to treat symptoms with diet because that is obviously safe.  I personally would hesitate to treat it if I did not have a definitive diagnosis because many things can mask itself as SIBO, including colorectal cancers, pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer and a whole host of other stuff(like the stuff that was going on with me!)

I totally am not doubting your symptoms, but PLEASE get checked out thoroughly first.  It is easy to chalk it up to methadone side effects, but it could be something more serious, like what I had. (for the record I'm on 120 mg of methadone for over two years this time)

Take care of yourself!!!  It sucks to feel lousy!!!  Also, why does methadone only produce "man boobs"?  If it would give me bigger "chick tits" I'd be in my glory!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline SceneBG

• Optimist
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • SceneBG is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 10, 2021, 04:15:41 PM
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 02:48:20 AM »
[size=0px]FUCK THIS!! I knew methadone was a PITA, but I had no idea shit was gonna be this bad. I just ~sorta got over the worst fucking sweating problem anyfuckingbody has EVER fucking dealt with. NASTY. I still sweat too much, but I'm down around the realm of what normal people probably consider "sweaty" -- not "drenched" or "soaked" -- not this soaking 2-3 tshirts an hour walking-down-the-street bullshit, sweat literally[/size][size=0px]running[/size][size=0px] off of my face.[quote/] [/size]

This is my main problem with Methadone.I haven't drive license and need to use public transport and start sweating so much.If i can stop this with tissues, simply i get of the next bus stop.If i don't have tissues i use my t-shirt but it doesn't work cause t-shirt is too wet.The feeling that everybody looked me increases sweating so much, even i try to thing good things.

But i think 50% have this problem with Methadone.The best is to have own car and use places where they have air condition!

PS:Sorry for quote mess :-[
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:50:40 AM by SceneBG »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No way out!

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:29:51 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 06:00:17 AM »
<snip>
TITS I'm growing fucking TITS from this shit.

<snip>

oh shit ! PM me for the Women's boards password if you start to feel more, um ..., err ..., more feminine  :P

(:D)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Opus (OP)

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 08:42:58 AM »
SIBO almost always involves symptoms more than just explosive gas and or diarrhea.  It usually involves Steatorrhea, bloating, severe pain, malabsorption and sizeable weight loss.  I know that proton pump inhibitors can be a contributing factor but the underlying cause is usually immunological(like is seen with celiac disease, RA, Lupus etc)diseases or structural problems in the gut.

I was just in the hospital for a week with a twisted bile duct and Sphincter of Oddi Dysfuction (type 1) and was tested for SIBO.  They sampled actual stomach fluid during an endoscopy.  despite having almost every symptom of SIBO, I tested negative.  I would make sure this is actually your correct diagnosis...unless you just plan to treat symptoms with diet because that is obviously safe.  I personally would hesitate to treat it if I did not have a definitive diagnosis because many things can mask itself as SIBO, including colorectal cancers, pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer and a whole host of other stuff(like the stuff that was going on with me!)

Oh ya there's more. Major bloating and ridiculous activity in my lower gut after eating, but not so much belching. I thought it was Candida at first, apparently a lot of people come to that conclusion: but it's probably not. I take stomach meds daily & religiously, I have to, a "normal" PH in my gut is really fucking painful cos I reflux a lot. Also have a slight rosacea on my neck which can be a symptom/result of SIBO, because of that I think I've had this at some level for quite awhile. So far not much stink, but I think the bitters might be changing that.

I read yesterday that certain pro-biotics can trigger it, and a few months ago I started drinking not a lot but a couple-3 bottles a week of OTC Kombucha, and it went from noticeable to BAD pretty quickly right around that time. I can't be sure the Kombucha had anything to do with it, but I won't touch that stuff on stomach meds anymore because of the effect on PH and potential for SI overgrowth.

I've read the breath tests aren't very reliable, I'd be willing to get tested for it but that's not gonna happen overnight unless I go to the ER, and in the mean-time, I gotta do something. People gonna think I'm crazy but once again, garlic to the rescue. A chopped handful (big clove, NOT pressed or smashed or pills) stops the ridiculous churning activity that comes from eating about anything, stops it reliably inside 10 minutes. I'm using some candida pills and some bitters too. It's really fucked up, truly no fun at all. So far I've talked to an MD and an "herbalist" about the symptoms, neither had a clue, and I did bring it up in the context of stomach pills. The breath test is just for excess Hydrogen tho, and I'm like %98 sure that's not gonna be a problem.

Oh ya the nipple thing. I think it's caused by a change in ratio of test to estrogen. Shit HURTS! The good news is it should go away as levels normalise, but holy fuck, I didn't fucking sign up for all this shit, fuckit I'll go back to suboxone until I'm ready for Iboga or to just kick again. fuckthis.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Smacky-Doodle 2.0

• All-Around Junker
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Smacky-Doodle 2.0 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 10, 2021, 03:26:07 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 10:44:44 AM »
I hear you on the tits, gut problems, and sweating.

My SO says the manboobs aren't so bad, but she's just being nice.

The problem with me it that I'm SCARED TO DEATH to even try tapering or making moves towards getting off this shit.

Im fucked, right?  I'm sure with age it will only get worse.

Oh yeah, my teeth are shit too...and growing up my mom was a dental assistant so i brushed my teeth 3x day, and continued doing so ALL through my teens and 20's.  Now, at 35 I have probably 8 teeth that are halfway gone and need to be extracted.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I often ask myself:  "What would Trevor Philips do?"

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 11:56:42 AM »
maybe 6 months ago I was goin pretty hard on short acting opies

and then suddenly got horrible pain in one of my tits. it felt like the same kind of pain you get in your tits (for men, anyway) when you go through puberty. just extremely sore.
starting to think it was the dope.

I remember being around 14 and having the same issue. and there being another kid who could actually lactate some oily black fluid if he tried.

methadone sounds worse and worse as time goes on. I really wish that it was the poster child for getting high, instead of like a gritty/glitzy heroin chic piece of bullshit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline Opus (OP)

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 12:29:14 PM »
I don't recall this ever happening when I did the puberty thing, but I've read and been told it's a lot like what women start to deal with when they first start to grow breasteses. What's normally just a soft nipple with very little feeling, is now very hard and tender with what feels like a cyst or something behind it, and if I brush against it with my arm or something the shit HURTS.

Black discharge? Fucking nasty. The wiki says some guys get a white discharge, I ain't about to start milking my shit to see what I can squeeze out. Fortunately it's not very apparent, like it doesn't look obvious at this point, but seriously I didn't even know gyne was a risk of MMT; I thought it was more like something dudes who use 'roids dealt with.

This has been really bad this last year, way way way too many symptoms that are closely related to hormone fluctuations from this drug, and nowhere near enough clued-in Doctors to handle it. I'd say if you're a guy and on MMT, learn the warning signs and symptoms of the major complications that can come with years of methadone; cos a lot of Docs really don't have much of a clue, and at best, you'll just wind up with a bunch more scripts to fight side effects if you don't catch this shit early..

Methadone definitely saved me from some damage, but in hindsight, 1-2 years max was probably plenty for me (and I probably would have tapered off sooner if it wasn't for the busted knee thing).

I guess maybe the bottom line is get your T levels checked regularly if you think you're gonna be on it for awhile, and don't disregard the long-term effects that can arise from the changes to your metabolism, cos this shit I got right now is NO JOKE.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline LoneRanger7

• Reputation Power: 5
  • LoneRanger7 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 04, 2017, 07:24:00 AM
  • Better living through chemistry
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 03:59:19 PM »
Damn son - that sucks. A lot. I used to love done for keeping me well when I was hooked on short acting opies, but I have never used it for maintenance (only bupe). I know everyone is different but I don't get the sweating... I do get terrible constipation, it feels like sandpaper coming out once a week, but that is the story of all our lives, no shock there. Main problem is bupe does NOT kill the cravings... I have been dying to get high for weeks now... I even went out and spent $200 on dillys that I couldn't shoot, chewed all them mufuckers up like a beast the second I got em and... nothin. Well, not nothing, I did get a "glow". A $200 glow. What the fuck, where's my rush asshole? Anyway not to make this the LR7 show. That really fucking sucks because detoxing off done is no fucking joke bro. I am feeling for you. Stepping down is a bitch bc you feel half like shit for fucking ever, cold turkey is like fucking impossible, you can't win.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions