dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Stressing about testing posi for benzos  (Read 8889 times)

Offline ScumFunk (OP)

• Reputation Power: 2
  • ScumFunk is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 12, 2016, 08:28:53 PM
Stressing about testing posi for benzos
« on: October 09, 2015, 11:56:17 PM »
I wish I could get on here more often, and contribute more, sorry. I need some help from you guys right now. So I recently just got back on MMT about a month ago, maybe less. Long story short........they tested me this morning and I'm probably gonna pop for benzos (took some klonopins a couple days ago). My question is: Am I going to be automatically kicked out? Any suggestions on what to say?   Also, for my initial UA I tested positive for benzos which was fine " just as long as they're out of you system by 30 days" said my counselor- but I have given tests after that original that were def clean of any benzos. I'm just stressing like crazy and don't want to get kicked out of detoxed in a week and be sick as a dog and looking for shit to steal so I can get dope again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline suboxstitute

• Reputation Power: 12
  • suboxstitute is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 06, 2021, 01:44:25 PM
Re: Stressing about testing posi for benzos
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 02:32:09 AM »
I wish I could get on here more often, and contribute more, sorry. I need some help from you guys right now. So I recently just got back on MMT about a month ago, maybe less. Long story short........they tested me this morning and I'm probably gonna pop for benzos (took some klonopins a couple days ago). My question is: Am I going to be automatically kicked out? Any suggestions on what to say?   Also, for my initial UA I tested positive for benzos which was fine " just as long as they're out of you system by 30 days" said my counselor- but I have given tests after that original that were def clean of any benzos. I'm just stressing like crazy and don't want to get kicked out of detoxed in a week and be sick as a dog and looking for shit to steal so I can get dope again.

When I was on bupe maintenance the same thing happened to me, it was klonopin too. 

Did you sign a contract indicating that you'd get off and stay off all other drugs including benzos?   Each clinic and doctor vary SO MUCH in their reaction to a positive test for benzos.    What is the stated policy?    Absent that, I'm just gonna assume you agreed to stop taking benzos completely.   

I think it's in your favor that you tested negative a time or two already; shows you're not taking them everyday. Shows you're trying. 

When this happened to me, I found out when I went in for my next appointment.     The doc said - "so, we have a problem, you're positive for clonazepam which you're supposed to be off".    I immediately fessed up, didn't try to bs about the test, since that's not gonna work.  I said this had "all been so hard,  I've been trying; I'm  really committed to this program"   but I <<< insert really stressful event here >>>>  and I took one (or two, or whatever)"      "I've since gotten rid of any old pills I had, and this won't happen again." 

All you can really do is throw yourself on his/her mercy, be sincere, stress how important it is for you to get clean from opiates, etc.

It worked for me but of course ymmv.       Let us know how it goes.  You may be OK.  Don't stress out so much that you give up and take more! 

edited to add:  And you don't know for sure that you were dirty, although if you think you were you prob were.  Don't start 'fessing up until they talk to you; someone in my group actually did that and hadn't even tested positive! 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Jiddu Krishnamurti, Indian philosopher 1895-1986

Offline Pullmyhair.

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Pullmyhair. is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:04:17 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 02:09:37 PM »
It really depends on your clinic. Look at your intake paperwork. It's a possibility they'll drop you, if not they could take away any takehomes (since you're new you probably only have a Sunday takehome if they're closed, but some clinics will even take that, which means no dose for Sunday), or they could drop your dose. At the very least you'll not be getting any takehomes for quite a while (again, they may or may not let you keep your Sunday takehome if they're closed). You might have to do more counseling/groups for a while. It really just depends on your clinic's policy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I want to live and I want to love. I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
-The Smiths

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 06:03:16 PM »
It really depends on your clinic. Look at your intake paperwork. It's a possibility they'll drop you, if not they could take away any takehomes (since you're new you probably only have a Sunday takehome if they're closed, but some clinics will even take that, which means no dose for Sunday), or they could drop your dose. At the very least you'll not be getting any takehomes for quite a while (again, they may or may not let you keep your Sunday takehome if they're closed). You might have to do more counseling/groups for a while. It really just depends on your clinic's policy.

^^All OF This
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline raymaster

• raymaster is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2018, 02:28:08 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 06:24:14 PM »
It really does depend on your clinic. I've passed one ua in coming up on 4 years of mmt and never once has there been talk of kicking me out. I just don't phase up and get any take homes. Now a clinic across town a friend of mine was told he would get kicked out soon if he didn't pass one soon and that was only after about a year of failed uas.  All depends. Hope this helps
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:29:51 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 07:29:59 PM »
raymaster is right. my doctor doesn't care what's in my urine and goes on behaviour and demeanor instead.

fuck, i'm blessed.

every clinic and doctor is different.

if you just started then i imagine that you'd be cut the most slack at that point so try not to worry.

how about saying "hey guys, i'm new to this so forgive my rough start" ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

monkawat

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 08:29:47 PM »
raymaster is right. my doctor doesn't care what's in my urine and goes on behaviour and demeanor instead.

fuck, i'm blessed.

every clinic and doctor is different.

if you just started then i imagine that you'd be cut the most slack at that point so try not to worry.

how about saying "hey guys, i'm new to this so forgive my rough start" ?

At my clinic- they don't play in regards to benzos that aren't scripted to ya.

But then again, a vast majority of vets on MMT are also prescribed benzos. They cracked down hard on pain pills at TX VA hospitals (and around the country in general) but the TX VA psych docs are very comfortable with scripting large doses of benzos for many comorbidities vets often deal with.

Since they're all in the same location at my hospital, the guys on benzos are able to quickly and simply get their psych doc in touch with their psych doc that handles mmt only. It's all electronically connected.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Taco Supreme

• Taco Supreme is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 08, 2023, 01:52:59 AM
  • Our Harm Reduction & Safe Using forum
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 11:19:32 AM »
I know this is a old topic but FYI I've been to every south nj clinic and none kick you out for dirtys or benzos. I was dirty for almost every drug for 3 years and nothing happened. Now I'm working on my 3rd bottle :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions