dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Colorado people stop methadone clinic from opening  (Read 11379 times)

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Colorado people stop methadone clinic from opening
« on: September 24, 2015, 12:52:53 PM »
So I just wanted to hear everyones input on these two stories that I read about in the newspaper. One is about a methadone clinic that opened up within 1000 feet of a school. There are no regulations on that sense its basically a doctors office and by definition a clinic and currently there are no laws prohibiting opening them within 1000 feet from a school, park, or anywhere that kids are known to congregate. Like how any drug charge becomes aggravated if its within 1000 feet from places where kids play. Here is an article about that story.
http://kdvr.com/2015/04/20/residents-object-to-proposed-methadone-clinic-near-high-school/

There is a story thats going on right now about a MMT clinic that has been trying to open up and its close to a park and the people there were so outraged that they made a petition and brought it to the city council who then denied the MMT clinics business license after they already told them they could set up shop there. They have invested around $800,000 because they bought a retail store space and have gone through all the hurdles and regulations you have to go through to open up a clinic just to be told no after everything is set up because people there are ignorant imo. Heres 2 articles about this story

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/Fight-Over-Methadone-Clinic-Continues-321350251.html

http://gazette.com/owners-of-proposed-monument-methadone-clinic-sue-town/article/1558730

http://www.koaa.com/story/29576450/news5-investigates-company-planning-to-put-methadone-clinic-in-monument-has-history-of-problems

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • <s>Riddick</s> is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 23, 2015, 10:59:01 PM
Re: Colorado people stop methadone clinic from opening
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 12:55:45 PM »
I dont want a dump site near my house. People that look at junkies as shit dont want trash near their house. Simple.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 04:27:32 PM »
Unfortunately, most of the general population is too uneducated to realize that it isn't the junkies AT the clinic they need to worry about it's the ones in active and desperate addiction they need to be concerned about.  Out of control addiction, as we all know, can lead to theft, property damage, violence, driving under the influence and overdose...to name a few consequences.

When will people smarten up to the fact that right now, this is the most effective treatment for opiate addiction we have and due to ridiculous federal regulations(feds...they got a hand in EVERYTHING!) people have to go to a clinic to get the help they need?  I think a clinic should be allowed to open anywhere any medical clinic would be allowed to operate!  such bullshit!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 11:28:43 PM »
I absolutely agree lolleedee! I wish they realized how much maintenance and other forms of rehabilitation help and the difference it makes for people dealing with addiction. I doubt they ever will these people are so quick to pull out the pitchforks and lynch people just because they are addicted to drugs. You would think that as huge as the opiate addiction rates are and as they continue to rise that more people would be more understanding and figure out that throwing people in a cage and giving them a criminal record is not helping the problem in any way shape or form.

I guess people wont fully understand until they go through it themselves or have a very close family member go through it. I don't see how people are against rehabilitation. We all know prison is not rehabilitation it's punishment mental and physical. Sending people to prison does nothing to help the person and often makes there situation a whole lot worse. So many people have felonies now and it is so hard to find housing and employment with any criminal conviction even misdemeanors. It basically forces those people to do more illegal stuff just to get by.

The way we deal with drug addicts and non-violent drug offenders is so asinine its almost to stupid to even understand. They get no help for the root of the problem and the crime they committed. They are forced into a cage with hardened criminals and learn more about crime and how other people got caught so they can be better criminals. They now have a record that follows them for their ENTIRE LIFE which makes every single thing harder for them. They can't vote, it is extremely hard to find a house or job, and even making relationships and staying clean are that much harder because no one wants to date a felon because they know how hard it is for them to make it on the outside and how easy it is to reoffend and get put away for more time in a place that does nothing to help rehabilitate the person or help them at all with any issues that was the center of the crime.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 01:18:27 AM »
I agree with everything you said, Griffin.  I guess until they live it and are forced to deal with it in a personal way, stigma will prevail.  Pretty stupid!  I don't understand how people can't see that mmt is like wearing a nicotine patch...you still are getting the drug, but the harmful behaviors and health consequences go away.

oh, and Riddick..SHUT THE FUCK UP...YOU ARE SO GOD DAMN ANNOYING IN EVERY FUCKING THREAD!!!!!!

That is all
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 04:04:48 AM »
IDK about anyone else but I'm about one weak post from putting numbnuts up there on /ignore.

Hey Riddick, ever been to Coventry?

You're not a good troll, you're not funny, you're not clever - do you really want a global ignore?

I wouldn't bet on anyone missing your posts much..

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Griffin (OP)

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 11:16:59 AM »
I agree with everything you said, Griffin.  I guess until they live it and are forced to deal with it in a personal way, stigma will prevail.  Pretty stupid!  I don't understand how people can't see that mmt is like wearing a nicotine patch...you still are getting the drug, but the harmful behaviors and health consequences go away.

oh, and Riddick..SHUT THE FUCK UP...YOU ARE SO GOD DAMN ANNOYING IN EVERY FUCKING THREAD!!!!!!

That is all

I second that motion riddick please stop posting in my threads or after anything I have said, This is the last thing that I will be saying to you.

On a second note however I am hoping that we see change in a good way in the near future. So many people are addicted to opiates that it has affected just about every demographic so hopefully through that we wont get another nancy reagan approach and can find a sensible way to deal with the problem. Rehabilitation and decriminalization would be a nice start. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is to open up a clinic and almost to the point where the only clinics that can open are the ones ran by the bigger corporations and companies who have 10 of them already and are more about turning a profit than actually helping people. I can only hope for the best and do whatever I can to help that movement.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions