dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Started MMT Today  (Read 23220 times)

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
Re: Started MMT Today
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2015, 07:44:11 AM »
Vaping is much different than combusting something, much cleaner..

Maybe try vaping a little and if she likes that then lower potency edibles. Oral lasts a long time, might not be much fun if she doesn't know what to expect. Some people panic..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 07:54:31 AM »
Vaping is much different than combusting something, much cleaner..

Maybe try vaping a little and if she likes that then lower potency edibles. Oral lasts a long time, might not be much fun if she doesn't know what to expect. Some people panic..
True also the Indica
Sativa's way to heady
I smoked some sativa yesterday
Had to put it out
Get out the tin foil
And tape up the Windows.

Riddick: as aggravating as it is for a junkie to find a vein
ie-man that common core math is Riddick
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2015, 09:23:23 AM »
Yeah I would definitely have her try some indica first not sativa as low thc as you can get that still has good taste. Maybe a vape pen like a quick one hit and see how she likes it or maybe have her try it with something you are getting in your home state and see if she likes the experience or not. I had a girlfriend who had only smoked a few times in high school it'd been like 5-6 years sense she smoked and I went inside to get some water and food. 5 minute later my friends carried her into the house where I was. She collapsed on the floor where they were smoking outside in the garage. Those assholes whom I love put hash on top of the bowl and had her take a huge rip and hold it in and that mixed with her really bad asthma was enough for her to stop breathing and collapse. She said she forgot how to breathe and mixed with being in a hot garage made her faint basically and we had to get her on a asthma nebulizer.

I almost forgot what those are called which is weird because I can't count how many times she woke me up in the middle of the night while she was gasping for air and couldn't breathe. I would have to get her nebulizer all setup and have the albuterol and everything ready to go. The first few times it happened I was so freaked out and nervous that I totally made the situation worse because I had never seen or used one before. I would be trying to put it together for her in the middle of the night all figidity and nervous while freaking out that she is going to die of lack of oxygen. So yeah if she is asthmatic definitely make sure you have her albuterol inhaler with you.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

monkawat

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 10:10:13 PM »
Yeah I would definitely have her try some indica first not sativa as low thc as you can get that still has good taste. Maybe a vape pen like a quick one hit and see how she likes it or maybe have her try it with something you are getting in your home state and see if she likes the experience or not. I had a girlfriend who had only smoked a few times in high school it'd been like 5-6 years sense she smoked and I went inside to get some water and food. 5 minute later my friends carried her into the house where I was. She collapsed on the floor where they were smoking outside in the garage. Those assholes whom I love put hash on top of the bowl and had her take a huge rip and hold it in and that mixed with her really bad asthma was enough for her to stop breathing and collapse. She said she forgot how to breathe and mixed with being in a hot garage made her faint basically and we had to get her on a asthma nebulizer.

I almost forgot what those are called which is weird because I can't count how many times she woke me up in the middle of the night while she was gasping for air and couldn't breathe. I would have to get her nebulizer all setup and have the albuterol and everything ready to go. The first few times it happened I was so freaked out and nervous that I totally made the situation worse because I had never seen or used one before. I would be trying to put it together for her in the middle of the night all figidity and nervous while freaking out that she is going to die of lack of oxygen. So yeah if she is asthmatic definitely make sure you have her albuterol inhaler with you.

Griffin

She's luckily not asthmatic. I think it may just be a mild curiosity regarding her wanting to try weed-related products. She was saying that she wouldn't mind vaping to start and when we go visit my family members in Washington the week after Christmas, we are going to certainly hit up a recreational dispensary.

We still wanna go to Colorado on a vacation sometime next year though, because it is a beautiful state and I live the mountains and skiing even though I can't do it anymore.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2015, 02:35:44 PM »
Well that is good that she isn't asthmatic, I would definitely still go with an indica for the first time though. I am sure you guys will have a blast and it will be a fun experience or memory. if she freaks out about if she is breathing and blinking right you can easily calm her down and let her know no one has ever died and that your body does all that stuff for you automatically and that you are just thinking about it for the first time. That usually only happens with sativa's though. Take her some place beautiful and have her try it.

I remember my first time I ever smoked I was 18 and my best friend who has been my best friend sense the 4th grade came by with some weed he brought back from California. orange kush or something like that and I remember that I all of a sudden could hear all the noises going on outside like the cars going by, the refrigerator running, the air conditioner, and noticed everything in much more detail. By some weird awesome act of the pot gods the radio station we were listening to played the entire dark side of the moon album front to back and we were watching the smoke hit the light like how you can see dust hit the light and it was making all kinds of cool shapes that had us mesmerized for hours it was such a fun experience I will never forget it.

The next day I went to my brothers house and he had some lavender kush that was just amazing all around and we listened to the mushuggah song bleed for the first time and just had it on replay because the drum beat for that song is one of the best I have ever heard in my life still to this day one of the best metal drumming and technical drumming ever up in par with dannny carey from tool. I then smoked schwag for the next 2 years I can't even imagine the amount of hours I have spent picking out all the seeds and stems in my life. I smoked swhwag until a guy we knew from high school who used to date the girl I was dating had moved to california and was bringing back large amounts of the best stuff ever and giving it to us.

I was making like a 1000+ a week(which is just great for any junkie just getting into pills) for hanging out at my house and having people come over and smoke. I did that for a year then I moved to colorado because I didn't want to get a felony charge for having some weed on me or in my car or something like that. That wasn't the only reason I moved to colorado it was to stay clean to because I had just kicked and wanted a new start. The weed was definitely a plus because I was a heavy smoker and the girl I was with smoked more than anyone I have ever met in my life. I mean me and my friends would wake up and smoke joints and stuff but that girl took it to a new level.

She was the one who passed out or fainted the first time she smoked because my friends put hash on the bowl and she was asthmatic. She also smokes cigarettes her lungs hate her. I am glad i dont have to deal with that any more. Complaining about not being able to breathe and then pulling out a cigarette and smoking it. That would always drive me crazy even though I dip and I smoked cigarettes in middle school it is a big turn off for me when girls smoke I am a hypocrite.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

monkawat

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2015, 09:41:58 AM »
Hey everyone,

Quick update here-

I'm at 30mg now, feeling pretty good. The dose is holding me somewhat well. I put in for a 5mg increase because I feel that 35mg will be a stable dose for me at this point. I am having better pain control dosing 30mg of methadone each morning than I ever had with any pain meds I was scripted through my pain doc. Morphine ER, hydrocodone, oxycodone, etc. I can't remember the last time I had no pain for a whole damn week. I mean zero, zilch, nada. I'm also not kidding myself into thinking I will only be on done short term. I don't pay anything for it so I have no financial reasons to do so.

I interview for a new part time job this Thursday. It pays pretty well too, all things considered, 15/hr plus commission. It's in a field I have a decent amount of experience in, so that's a plus. Fingers crossed I get that one, since I do have a less important one tomorrow for a shittier job where I would be driving again. (but this time not in a delivery pharmacy where I had access to fucking every c2 pain med known to man)

So far this MMT experience is going well. I know I may not be saying this a year or two from now, but I can only work on myself and the future of my family at the moment and that is what I'm doing. I am dealing with some sedation but nothing going to bed earlier and a couple cups of coffee a day can't remedy.

take it easy y'all,
monk

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline razor girl

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • razor girl is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 10, 2015, 05:42:32 AM
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2015, 10:12:40 AM »
I am very glad to hear this is going well for you Monk, big props on doing the right thing and making it work.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
RIP Paups, Than, Chemboy, Eon, Poonwalla, Southern Belle, Dr. McKay, LA Lifer, Entropy, Antigonemuse, Catmouth, Gold 'n Diemonds, Inspektah Dek, Goagirl and all the others taken far too soon.

monkawat

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2015, 10:43:52 AM »
I am very glad to hear this is going well for you Monk, big props on doing the right thing and making it work.

Thanks CZ. Means a lot coming from you since you have more experience with opiates/opioids and addiction than myself. Helps me place things in perspective and whatnot.

Everybody who has posted on here in support of me so far- it means a lot to me and I consider you all friends. I will try to update this thread weekly or as interesting or relevant things come up in the course of my methadone treatment/counseling.
---------------

I have my next meeting with my counselor on Friday where we are working on my long term treatment plan. They expect me to be with them at least two or three years but I am not placing any time limit on my recovery or treatment, especially given my pain issues. Probably will be a very long term thing which I am more than OK with. Slow and steady is best here it would seem...

Much love yall.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2015, 09:09:26 PM »
Good stuff monk.  I know that for me methadone added so much stability.  It was almost an instant switch from the always sick, always scheming insanity to life coming together so much better.

Good luck with the job interview.  Take it easy and don't push yourself too much.  At the same time it is good to see you going out and achieving your goals.

You are smart not to put a time limit on it.  Wait until you are ready, and then see how it goes.

Keep kicking ass man.  This is definitely the right decision for you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

monkawat

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2015, 11:16:29 PM »
Good stuff monk.  I know that for me methadone added so much stability.  It was almost an instant switch from the always sick, always scheming insanity to life coming together so much better.

Good luck with the job interview.  Take it easy and don't push yourself too much.  At the same time it is good to see you going out and achieving your goals.

You are smart not to put a time limit on it.  Wait until you are ready, and then see how it goes.

Keep kicking ass man.  This is definitely the right decision for you.

Thanks Z. You are a really good guy and I appreciate your input and support. Matters more to me than I can possibly express.

I love this damn community and folks like yourself man.

That's why I tend to get so upset and pissy when people like Riddick undermine the supportive communal structure we enjoyed both at the phile and particularly (much more-so) here at DAU.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2015, 01:30:29 AM »
Hey Monk,

Good to hear that you're finding your peace. CP sucks... Especially when you led an active life prior. I had decent pain control when I started MMT. But it seemed to drop off as the tolerance ramped up, and the honeymoon phase ended.

But.... Then it started working well again once I found my proper dosage.

I hope you continue to get the comfort and peace you deserve. Much love and luck bud.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2015, 03:26:12 AM »
Glad to hear the positive update Monk! Fatigue can be dealt with, and your life and well being is totally worth it. I don't have any insight or advice on MMT, but you have plenty of great advice and insight from others here, so wishing you best of everything for you and your family.  :)

PS: Please keep the updates coming...we want to know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

monkawat

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2015, 05:16:50 AM »
Hey Monk,

Good to hear that you're finding your peace. CP sucks... Especially when you led an active life prior. I had decent pain control when I started MMT. But it seemed to drop off as the tolerance ramped up, and the honeymoon phase ended.

But.... Then it started working well again once I found my proper dosage.

I hope you continue to get the comfort and peace you deserve. Much love and luck bud.

Good to hear from you man- you had dropped off for a  short
while and I am glad you are well and (iirc) your family issues are at beginning to resolve. Preciate your input about CP, good to keep that in mind.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2015, 07:04:03 AM »
Hey Monk
I'm glad that you are finding a dose that is comfortable for you
And that you are getting really good pain relief

I know for me
When I was on done 40mgs was perfect for me
That dose kept me out of pain
And I was never tempted to take more
B\c I NEVER got high off of methadone
The only thing I didn't like about it
Was how much weight I gained
Even tho I worked out 4-5 days a week and walked my dogs 2miles everyday
I still put on about 20lbs

Please keep us updated with your progress

Glad to hear also
That you are meeting some of your goals

Go slow
And don't get down on yourself
You are doing what you believe is right for you and your family
It takes a real man to make those kinds of decisions
So good on you

Best of luck
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

monkawat

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2015, 07:48:49 AM »
Hey Monk
I'm glad that you are finding a dose that is comfortable for you
And that you are getting really good pain relief

I know for me
When I was on done 40mgs was perfect for me
That dose kept me out of pain
And I was never tempted to take more
B\c I NEVER got high off of methadone
The only thing I didn't like about it
Was how much weight I gained
Even tho I worked out 4-5 days a week and walked my dogs 2miles everyday
I still put on about 20lbs

Please keep us updated with your progress

Glad to hear also
That you are meeting some of your goals

Go slow
And don't get down on yourself
You are doing what you believe is right for you and your family
It takes a real man to make those kinds of decisions
So good on you

Best of luck
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Thank you so much DOD, means a lot.

Do you attribute that weight gain (that seems so common in MMT patients) to unhealthy (ie high sugar or fat) eating habits or something else?

I know methadone is known to cause intense sugar cravings and my doc actually told me that when he found out I already have a serious love for candy and ice cream. I have cut out energy drinks and sodas with sugar and don't eat ice cream since my IBS has flared up again. But I have already noticed that candy tastes REALLY fucking good lately. Probably not the done this soon though- just a coincidence I bet.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #44 from previous page: September 30, 2015, 07:59:06 AM »
I'm not really sure what I would contribute the weight gain to
Other than the methadone
B\c I've always eaten healthy
And when I was on done I didn't drink soda
Almost everyone I've known that has gotten on methadone does gain some weight

But you're right about how good candy tastes when your on done

When I was on subs
I had really bad cravings for candy
And I was talking about it with my bff Nark
He told me that my candy cravings
Are more than likely me actually craving for dope (I.e. REAL opiates)
Which made a lot of sense to me

I appreciate your thanx
To my support
You deserve all the support this community has to offer
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Tags: