dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Joe Rogan Experience, Guest: Dr. Carl Hart of Columbia University  (Read 19618 times)

Offline Spore (OP)

• Drexciyan Warrior
  • Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Spore is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 30, 2019, 05:33:18 AM
  • I, a Universe of atoms, an atom in the Universe...
Joe Rogan Experience, Guest: Dr. Carl Hart of Columbia University
« on: September 22, 2015, 02:31:17 PM »
I listen to every Joe Rogan Experience podcast. I started last year in September/October. He is heavily into cannabis, smoking it and edibles. He loves psychedelics, Shrooms, DMT and he own his own 30,000 sensory deprivation tank. I've always wanted to do that since seeing the movie Altered States which I saw and bought for 5 dollars in a huge bin of discount DVD's. His podcast is great because he gets great guests and it's not an interview but a conversation for a little under 3 hours usually which is great and refreshing compared to talk shows and news on TV with ads, not getting into good conversation ect. I highly recommend this podcast but especially this one I'm linking to.

The guest Dr. Carl Hart talks about how heroin isn't destructive to the body. He talks about how adding APAP into hydrocodone and oxycodone is what is harmful and destroys livers. He talks about countries around the world that give out IV heroin to people and how it works. He is into harm reduction and all this information blows Joe Rogan away because he assumed heroin and opiates = bad when it's the APAP, war on drugs (war on the poor and people of low socio-economic class) that leads to these drugs causing harm and all of that. It's a long podcast and many topics are covered but this podcast has TONS of listeners and it's great hearing about harm reduction and how APAP is what makes things dangerous ect.

Carl Hart, Ph.D., is an associate professor of psychology and psychiatry at Columbia University. He is known for his research in drug abuse and drug addiction. Hart was the first tenured African American professor of sciences at Columbia University.

Offline Illadelph215

• Whiskey bent and hellbound
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 28, 2022, 06:21:24 PM
  • Our Community
Re: Joe Rogan Experience, Guest: Dr. Carl Hart of Columbia University
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 02:55:17 PM »
Big fan of Joe Rogan's podcast's as well. I think I'm repeating myself from an earlier thread but I especially like them when I'm withdrawing since I can't watch tv or anything during the first couple days since the light fucks with my eyes. Il pretty much just hold fort in my bed and try to use this to keep my mind off the hell in in. Rogan gets some good guests. Dr. Carl Hart is definitely up there as a favorite, I also like graham hancock as well since I'm a history buff. Joey Diaz is on a lot but everyone is sooo damn entertaining if you've seen him. He has story's for dayssss
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There is no future, there is no past. In the present, nothing lasts.

Offline Spore (OP)

• Drexciyan Warrior
  • Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 03:07:04 PM »
Big fan of Joe Rogan's podcast's as well. I think I'm repeating myself from an earlier thread but I especially like them when I'm withdrawing since I can't watch tv or anything during the first couple days since the light fucks with my eyes. Il pretty much just hold fort in my bed and try to use this to keep my mind off the hell in in. Rogan gets some good guests. Dr. Carl Hart is definitely up there as a favorite, I also like graham hancock as well since I'm a history buff. Joey Diaz is on a lot but everyone is sooo damn entertaining if you've seen him. He has story's for dayssss

Of course! I love those guests as well. That female Dr. who's name I forget at the moment is great. I love Ari Shaffir and Duncan Trussell! I started listening when I lost my ability to walk. So I'm bedbound and watch the podcast on youtube on my 48 inch HDTV. I also listen to it in withdrawal as well, it helps pass the time to refill date and is very entertaining and informative.

Offline Illadelph215

• SA_Chat+
  • Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.Illadelph215 is working their way up.
  • Our Community
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 03:34:58 PM »
Yup! Ari and Duncan are great too. What makes it so good is he gets such a broad range of guest's as you know. Ufc fighters to scientists. It's funny because before I found his podcast I always thought of him as a tool for some reason, idk if it was from fear factor or what but you quickly learn he's far from it. He's very smart and open but also is aware he doesn't know everything and loves to learn new stuff from new people. He's also a very good interviewer. Thanks for posting this though, always love a new JRE and will watch when I get done work this morning!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Spore (OP)

• Drexciyan Warrior
  • Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 04:06:02 PM »
Yeah I agree with everything you said and feel the same way. I actually never watched fear factor except for when I had this stoner friend from school who smoked me up for a few cigs and told me Joe Rogan was a huge pothead so that's why she watched it/liked it. It wasn't my thing.

But she was this friend who was a girl who I had a huge crush on and at one point she liked me and we had lots in common music wise, we loved playing gamecube and guitar hero when it first came out ect. Then I was friendzoned, used, lead on. she ended up going out with my then best friend after she went with him to Connecticut and saw how rich his family was she fucked him and decided to to have a relationship with him when he was telling me she was a pig, ugly ect when I liked her and he didn't. These are old scares and I don't know why I'm bringing them up now as if anyone cares haha. It's because she was into fear factor and liked Joe Rogan just because he smoked weed. But my best friend who she ended up going out with stole from me, 2000 dollars or more worth of video games, video game systems, movies, collectables ect. luckily I had insurance and had a list of what I owned on ign.com, this was in 2005-2006 so ign.com was still decent then, gaming journalism is a joke now.

But yeah I dealt with unrequited love (Jessie's Girl was my theme song at the time) which is the worse pain and infliction you can go through, right up there if not worse than withdrawal, but I go through withdrawal every month for the last 5 years, so maybe I'm getting used to it? it's mainly the mental cravings that I can't stand/deal with and the pain in my legs is exasperated because of the withdrawal, I have nerve damage in my legs in the thighs and below the knee in the calves all the way into the feet, causing drop foot and intense pain. Sorry for my tangent and bad grammar. I hope it came out alright and you understood it.

Peace and love to you and all of D&U!
Spore

Offline Illadelph215

• SA_Chat+
  • Our Community
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 07:58:00 PM »
Yea I understood man and don't fret we all need to vent sometimes! That's why being in forums like this is nice! But as for the girl and your "friend" (I hope ex) it's fucked up how people your consider close can hurt you like that. Best thing I can say is at least you know who they really are and keep away. You don't need them. Don't let it take up space in your mind though which is easier said then done but seriously they are horrible people and karmas a bitch, keep your head up!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Morfy

• Free Falling Around The World
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.Morfy is working their way up.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 01:44:51 AM
  • Enjoying the stelliferous era--while it lasts
    • THE DRUGS AND USERS CHAT ROOM
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 01:36:17 AM »
Great link Sporeman!

Informative.

One frightening Joe Rogan Experience (which links to my Marriage Obsolete thread) is where Rogan talks with Dave Foley about the terms of his divorce.  Don't get divorced in Canada, would be the takehome message:

This is the SHORT version, the long one available too:

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:40:52 AM by Morfy »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All matter is simply cooled and condensed energy.

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 02:34:22 AM »
I met   Carl Hart at a conference last year and was impressed-the  guy is a professional.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 05:08:46 AM »
the more I watch and listen to joe rogans podcast, the less I enjoy hearing him and the more I enjoy the format. its honestly tantalizing, because sometimes its a seriously phenomenal guest for a really long talk, and it will be going great, and then he just talks about himself. the bill burr and louis theroux episodes come to mind first. louis just ends up being himself anyway and so he basically thrives once joe rogan is the guy being interviewed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • <s>Riddick</s> is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 23, 2015, 10:59:01 PM
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 01:04:23 PM »
I listen to every Joe Rogan Experience podcast. I started last year in September/October. He is heavily into cannabis, smoking it and edibles. He loves psychedelics, Shrooms, DMT and he own his own 30,000 sensory deprivation tank. I've always wanted to do that since seeing the movie Altered States which I saw and bought for 5 dollars in a huge bin of discount DVD's. His podcast is great because he gets great guests and it's not an interview but a conversation for a little under 3 hours usually which is great and refreshing compared to talk shows and news on TV with ads, not getting into good conversation ect. I highly recommend this podcast but especially this one I'm linking to.

The guest Dr. Carl Hart talks about how heroin isn't destructive to the body. He talks about how adding APAP into hydrocodone and oxycodone is what is harmful and destroys livers. He talks about countries around the world that give out IV heroin to people and how it works. He is into harm reduction and all this information blows Joe Rogan away because he assumed heroin and opiates = bad when it's the APAP, war on drugs (war on the poor and people of low socio-economic class) that leads to these drugs causing harm and all of that. It's a long podcast and many topics are covered but this podcast has TONS of listeners and it's great hearing about harm reduction and how APAP is what makes things dangerous ect.

Carl Hart, Ph.D., is an associate professor of psychology and psychiatry at Columbia University. He is known for his research in drug abuse and drug addiction. Hart was the first tenured African American professor of sciences at Columbia University.

You follow MMA too or just his podcasts?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Illadelph215

• SA_Chat+
  • Our Community
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 01:36:49 PM »
Pretty sure your asking OP but I do. Huge mma buff. If you do the last podcast has cowboy cerrone and it's a pretty good one.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 01:48:53 PM »
Pretty sure your asking OP but I do. Huge mma buff. If you do the last podcast has cowboy cerrone and it's a pretty good one.
I dont really follow his podcasts, but I do like the UFC. Even though Im pretty knew to it. Like, I dont know much about cerrone, but I do know he said he'd knock the lucky charms out of Mcgregors ass if he came up to 155 and that made me die laughing. Thats my dude. Conor Mcgregor. Whats he, 14-0? Someone that talks shit and can back it up is my guy. Anderson Silva was, until he got knocked out silly by Weidman. Which just goes to my belief; no matter how good you are, dont play those stupid fucking games in the ring.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Illadelph215

• SA_Chat+
  • Our Community
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 02:33:00 PM »
Yea to be honest I'm a sucker for those fighters. The Diaz bros being my favorite, mainly Nick Diaz. He talks mad shit but my god does he back it up. If he gets beat it's because someone runs and out points him with rat kicks or punches and then runs again, or they take him down and hold the whole fight. The funny thing is is he's insane at bjj but just wants to stand and bang with people. His cardio is nuts so he will basically stand up with anyone willing. I like mcgregor as well, a lot actually maybe it's because I'm Irish but he's an amazing talent. His kicks and body movement let alone punching power and his chin. I think he will take the 145 devision but idk about 155, that division is a shark tank full of talent. It will be fun to see though. Jose Aldo will be a tough task as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Illadelph215

• SA_Chat+
  • Our Community
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 02:35:10 PM »
But yea shit talking is fun but you have to have balls to do it man, it's inevitable that there's always someone bigger and badder and the older you get especially in this sport the sooner someone will step in and shut your mouth.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 02:49:27 PM »
Thats super crazy you threw out the Diaz brothers. Nick Diaz is one of my favorites. A lot of people would call them douche bags, but really, what they do is what they love/are passionate about. They just want to instill their will and see what the other fighter has in them. Nothing wrong with that. That BJ pen fight was fucking ridiculous. I think he said something like " Im done, I cant have my kids seeing me like this anymore". At the caliber he was, he shouldnt of went out like that. But that aldo fight, Conor is gonna knock his punk ass out. And thats just stating that as a fan. Aldo backed out of, what, 5 title fights? WTF? That alone should dq him from being the title holder.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions