dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Just a question  (Read 27858 times)

Offline Anti-hero (OP)

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
Just a question
« on: September 16, 2015, 12:08:47 PM »
Say a person has suicide idealations
Like all the time.
And they have had 3 people "off thereselfs"
Suicide is selfish they say.
But I kinda look at it like adoption.
As an act of love to say
If you are in that much pain
I am willing to let you go
What would you do?

I am not talking about me I just couldn't do it to HeAd
Or even my Mom and sister .
And it's haram to do it

Trying to start a conversation
I think addicts have these feelings
More than most
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:12:04 PM by hero 1 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: Just a question
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 01:17:39 PM »
only if you are terminal and your quality of life is miserable at best with no prospect of improvement, I support euthanasia.

all other suicide ideation can also pass quickly and is teansient.

I would do my best to talk anybody out of it because life is cyclic and it's better to wait out the bad times.

think of all the new drugs that you haven't tried yet - things eventually come right, by which time one may well become stronger.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »
I think it depends on the person, their situation, and their experiences.

If a depressed teenager asked my opinion about them committing suicide, I'd probably tell them they really shouldn't do it.  They're so young.  They've got years of life ahead of them.  They don't know things are always going to be bad, even though it may feel like it.  I'd suggest they get help, therapy and / or medication. 

Now, if it's an adult, who's lived 20, 30, 40+ years depressed and miserable on and off, and they had something like depression that just couldn't be treated adequately, despite them being in therapy or on medications for years.  I'd also probably try to talk them out of it.  But I'd also be more likely to accept their decision to commit suicide.  Living in misery for such a long time is really unbearable.  It's just too much to expect of someone.  I think they have a right to happiness.  And if suicide is their only solution to peace, I'm okay with that.

Likewise with severely ill patients who are terminal or not.  Even if a person isn't terminal, but has been sick for years.  I think they also have a right to peace and happiness.  I'd be supportive of their decision to end their own life.  I really think it's unwise to expect someone to suffer through life if they're miserable and unhappy, especially for years on end. 

I wish more states had laws allowing doctors to practice / administer euthanasia.  Part of a doctor's job is to prevent suffering.  If it's logical to end someone's life to stop suffering, I have no problem with it.  I think a lot of people allow their religious or spiritual beliefs to cloud this topic.  They think it's a sin to commit suicide, so they're not willing to think of this topic rationally.  Or even if they do think of it rationally, I think some would rather impose their beliefs on the suffering patient.  That's not their right IMO. 

Happiness, prosperity, and peace don't always mean life.  It's about taking the specific situation into account, balancing the risks, and listening to what the person actually wants.  Everyone has a right to peace and happiness. 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 01:44:44 PM »
When I was 15-19 I had constant suicidal ideation and one night the only night I've ever taken shrooms The loud voice that says kill yourself just kept repeating and was very loud and I dont know why but sense then I've only had suicidal ideation once. When I woke up the next day it felt like the weight was lifted off my chest and I felt okay about myself and my situation. I also stopped taking all anti depressants the day after and smoked a lot of weed before I got arrested in 2013. But for some reason I had some weird epiphany and a lot of my depression faded. Luckily I haven't had anyone close to me commit suicide but for a while one of my family members was very close and it is so hard on everyone that loves you that it made me think of all that would be lost even if its misery its worth experiencing. I see it as a terrible thing to do to ones family and that it would be hard for anyone who loved that person to move on. I think back on my attempts and am so glad that I failed it gives me anxiety thinking how close I was and how much of the life I have experienced sense then would never of happened.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline neighbor

• marquis de nod
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • neighbor has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:September 10, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
  • carpet diem
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 04:43:28 PM »
nevermind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I do not thus betray my enjoyments to the vulgar"

Offline makita

• Reputation Power: 26
  • makita is now quite familiar.makita is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:March 07, 2019, 05:50:39 PM
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 03:24:41 PM »
I think it depends on the person, their situation, and their experiences.

If a depressed teenager asked my opinion about them committing suicide, I'd probably tell them they really shouldn't do it.  They're so young.  They've got years of life ahead of them.  They don't know things are always going to be bad, even though it may feel like it.  I'd suggest they get help, therapy and / or medication. 

Now, if it's an adult, who's lived 20, 30, 40+ years depressed and miserable on and off, and they had something like depression that just couldn't be treated adequately, despite them being in therapy or on medications for years.  I'd also probably try to talk them out of it.  But I'd also be more likely to accept their decision to commit suicide.  Living in misery for such a long time is really unbearable.  It's just too much to expect of someone.  I think they have a right to happiness.  And if suicide is their only solution to peace, I'm okay with that.

Likewise with severely ill patients who are terminal or not.  Even if a person isn't terminal, but has been sick for years.  I think they also have a right to peace and happiness.  I'd be supportive of their decision to end their own life.  I really think it's unwise to expect someone to suffer through life if they're miserable and unhappy, especially for years on end. 

I wish more states had laws allowing doctors to practice / administer euthanasia.  Part of a doctor's job is to prevent suffering.  If it's logical to end someone's life to stop suffering, I have no problem with it.  I think a lot of people allow their religious or spiritual beliefs to cloud this topic.  They think it's a sin to commit suicide, so they're not willing to think of this topic rationally.  Or even if they do think of it rationally, I think some would rather impose their beliefs on the suffering patient.  That's not their right IMO. 

Happiness, prosperity, and peace don't always mean life.  It's about taking the specific situation into account, balancing the risks, and listening to what the person actually wants.  Everyone has a right to peace and happiness.

I basically agree with all of this, except that I don't think death provides happiness or even technically peace: just the absence of pain and unhappiness.  I think killing yourself because you think there's something better waiting for you is delusional. But doing it because you know your life's unhappiness, pain, etc is more than you can (or want to) bear in the long run, that's legit.

Suicidal ideation is temporary and passes, that is true, and yes circumstances can always change.  But if someone is an adult and has had a long enough period of unhappiness/pain/illness that they would rather end those things than take a chance at getting better, I think we should respect that, especially if it's a decision that have thought about and not just one that comes and then goes away completely when they are having a better day.

I do think its easier to have this point of view in the abstract rather than if its someone you love.  But I have a friend who is in a lot of psychic pain, and he's old enough that it probably wont get much better, plus he's got a lot of illnesses that limit his life.  If he really made the conscious decision to die I would hate it, but knowing what life is and has been like for him, I'd feel like I understood.  And my desire to keep him around selfishly isn't enough to change that, because all my love and presence in his life wouldn't take his pain away. 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
something something drug war, social justice blah blah

Offline Pullmyhair.

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Pullmyhair. is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:04:17 PM
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 05:14:06 PM »
I don't see suicide as selfish (unless we're talking about someone who is too young to have experienced enough about what life is about to make an informed decision, when that happens it's usually a rash decision over something easily solvable), I think the friends and family of people who are truly miserable that urge the miserable person to stick around when they have no quality of life (mentally or physically) are the ones who are selfish. What do they say, 'if you love something, let it go'? I also don't think suicide is cowardly, I think it takes a lot of balls to follow through on it. I certainly don't romanticize suicide, but in a way, I kind of respect people who have the guts to die on their own terms. Ultimately, our lives are our own, and if you're not enjoying it (life), I think you should have the right to stop living.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I want to live and I want to love. I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
-The Smiths

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 10:55:22 PM »
I'd call it selfish (for instance) if it was a father or mother of dependent children and did it without making financial and emotional preparations (adoption by someone more able to raise the children and have them understand without terribly scarring them, if that is even possible) beforehand.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zoops

• Filius non bonum de canis femina.
  • Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:September 29, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
  • Keeping the wolves at bay with a sharp stick.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 06:46:30 AM »
Haram indeed. And unchristian to boot.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The future ain't what it used to be."
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
- Yogi Berra

"Drugs are so fucking good....that they'll ruin your life."
- Louis C.K.

Offline Anti-hero (OP)

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 09:46:35 AM »
Well the reason for  this is cause
I have had 2 people who have killed there sells
That I really feel like I had a hand in

My dads well that's another story.
It's just who what and if I would have did something different

My dad just gives me really low self esteem.
And I do try to look it as
That must have been pain beyond my level
So I do think about
To have one more just a chance to say.
I adored you more than you can ever know.
I would have did anything for you.

But I didn't.
And some times it just makes me wonder
Well allot of times from fall to winter
My grandma did it Sept 12
My dad December 26

My buddy well that was an o.d
But I do think I had a hand in it
Could I've held there hand and got them through it.
Every every says no.
Sometimes I really feel like
Just what if.

In my mind it would be like getting arrested for murder
That you did
not getting convicted of it
But you still have blood in your hands.

So people who are thinking of this
This is what you leave behind
Notes/whole life insurance. Dont  answer
These questions

So if you do think you could go thought with it
This is your legacy.
Plus if you vm.me or e mail
I will talk day night when ever
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:54:58 AM by hero 1 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Zoops

• Deceased
  • Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.Zoops has got loads of potential.
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 08:40:02 PM »
Screamin automatic pain - JAMC

I feel that I had a hand in my friend's recent death from an od. He bought $700 of dope through a connect that I set him up with, plus about 30 2mg Xanax bars for another $100. Was about 5-6g of nice brown smack. I wished I could have cleaned out his hotel room before the cops came to retrieve his body and investigate. He still had about 4g of dope and hundreds, HUNDREDS of dollars in cash in there, which were undoubtedly taken by a greasy grimy Fairfax County cop right into his pocket.

I remember the ride back to ol' Virginny from DC where we scored, high as shit off dope and Xanax. Good times.

I feel real guilty about that. But I know it was unintentional. He wouldn't have offed himself with a 12 year-old daughter who was the love of his life.

I'm just worried that the cops will unlock his iPhone and look at all the text messages between him and me about going "shopping."
Goodbye, David. I'll miss you.

And damn, I had just introduced him to the genius of Brian Jonestown Massacre. Like the day before. He immediately went home and posted BJM on his music interests on his FB page.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:46:03 PM by Zoops »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Offline Diacetylmorphinefiend

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Diacetylmorphinefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 13, 2016, 05:15:45 AM
  • Let's eat potato chips and watch star trek
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 09:53:21 PM »
Screamin automatic pain - JAMC

I feel that I had a hand in my friend's recent death from an od. He bought $700 of dope through a connect that I set him up with, plus about 30 2mg Xanax bars for another $100. Was about 5-6g of nice brown smack. I wished I could have cleaned out his hotel room before the cops came to retrieve his body and investigate. He still had about 4g of dope and hundreds, HUNDREDS of dollars in cash in there, which were undoubtedly taken by a greasy grimy Fairfax County cop right into his pocket.

I remember the ride back to ol' Virginny from DC where we scored, high as shit off dope and Xanax. Good times.

I feel real guilty about that. But I know it was unintentional. He wouldn't have offed himself with a 12 year-old daughter who was the love of his life.

I'm just worried that the cops will unlock his iPhone and look at all the text messages between him and me about going "shopping."
Goodbye, David. I'll miss you.

And damn, I had just introduced him to the genius of Brian Jonestown Massacre. Like the day before. He immediately went home and posted BJM on his music interests on his FB page.

I'm sorry for your loss Zoops. Its not your fault though. I will never blame the person who provided the drugs for someone's OD for there death. It's just silly. We all know that we play with fire and that getting burned as a very real possibility. If I was you I would be pretty concerned if they actually decide to investigate where he got the drugs though. But usually unless there is a family member in the cops ear about it they just bag me up and call it another dead junky.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • <s>Riddick</s> is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 23, 2015, 10:59:01 PM
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 03:14:56 AM »
Makita- "I don't think death provides happiness or even technically peace: just the absence of pain and unhappiness". Good thought. And sorry to hear that Zoops.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline suboxstitute

• Reputation Power: 12
  • suboxstitute is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 06, 2021, 01:44:25 PM
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 03:28:31 AM »
I'd call it selfish (for instance) if it was a father or mother of dependent children and did it without making financial and emotional preparations (adoption by someone more able to raise the children and have them understand without terribly scarring them, if that is even possible) beforehand.

People talk alot about suicide being selfish or not... my husband killed himself when he was in his late twenties; we married young and had a one year old little girl and an almost five year old son.   I was left to raise the kids alone; as evidenced by the note he left, he didn't put a lot of thought into how that would be for me.  I did it, as well as I could, and those kids are grown now. 

Yes, my husband was depressed; probably undiagnosed bipolar, actually.   He refused to get treatment.  He had a lot of family support, truly he did.  He was a medical student (but that is not why he killed himself, in my opinion).   Depression is treatable in most or at least many cases; at least the pain can be lessened and there can be periods of light.   

It's a form of abandonment - telling your child that you didn't even give enough fucks about him to stick around.   Our daughter did mostly OK; she was only a baby and is happily married now with a little baby of her own.   She actively seeks treatment to manage her genetic predisposition to depression and anxiety (in fact she has a graduate degree in psychological counseling and works in the field now).

Our son?  The one with the same name as his dad?  He was the "mini-me" for daddy.  His life was never, ever the same.  He never got over it.  He's been hospitalized twice for severe, severe depression with psychosis.  Long story.  Sad story.   

So I would tell people who are considering suicide that if you have children I think you really, really need to think long and hard about ending your life. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Jiddu Krishnamurti, Indian philosopher 1895-1986

Offline Zoops

• Deceased
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 05:11:00 AM »
yeah, I was talking to an old Black dude the day before yesterday and told him the whole story. Stupid as shit, í know.

But damn I miss that guy. Almost seems a bit gay for me to miss another man so much.

- Zoops
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
- Yogi Berra

- Louis C.K.

Tags:

dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In no event will d&u or any person involved in creating, producing, or distributing site information be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use d&u. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless d&u, its domain founders, sponsors, maintainers, server administrators, volunteers and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the d&u site.

TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE

Founded December 2014
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal