dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: How to tell people you are on MMT  (Read 18140 times)

Offline DeadCat

• Deceased
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.DeadCat is now getting very popular.
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 04:01:37 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: How to tell people you are on MMT
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 17, 2015, 04:33:08 AM »
I haven't read the yet so this isn't in response to any of them But my advice, after years and years of being on Bupe is: DON'T.  DOn't volunteer it, don't talk to anyone except health care providers who have a need to know. Seriously.

I was so rous that I had turned arousn a 15 year daily IV heroin habit with the help of buprenorphine and thininking I would be a good example that people can and do beat the worst parts of drug dependence. I was wont, peole judge, they talk. Pharmacists find ways to deny you almost any med that MIGHT give you a buzz. Busybody nurses put a lieelt yellow siticker on yor file that is code fo "drug seeker" even if you never asked for a sleeping pill.

Peopl gossip they they take marginally secret delight in seeing othrs struggle and fail, even when you succeed. The only acceptable thing and it is still going to put a stain on you is to say "I went to AA and havent have a drug or dink in [some exact number of years mohs and days] lke yo are some repentant sinner.

At least that's how it is oin the land of the free, where a little over 100 years ago you could buy heroin and cocaine from the Sears mail order catalogueand on the way home from work at the corner drug store.

Where vasst numbers of people line up for their SSRI "happy pills" that coincidentally make a percentage of them homicidal and suicidal. All those school shootings and other mass murders. I bet you dollars to donuts that if you chart SSRI prescriptions and mass shootings they would be parallel lines on a graph. Where 22 veterans a day commit suicide, a huge percentage of them on the same shit to "treat" PTSD.

Sorry agian rant will be stopped here. But kep MMT and Bupe on a "need to know basis."

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 12:36:36 PM »
I decided to take everyones advice and I am not going to tell my parents. I am kinda getting screwed by the MMT regulations so I might have to tell them when I visit for the holidays. I Haven't figured out if I am going for thanksgiving or christmas but I am trying to go where I would have to courtesy dose the least amount of times because its $25 a day and I would have to have an excuse to borrow there car in the morning when I go dose.

There is this girl I used to date for a real short period about 5-6 years ago. We have become pen pals which is actually really cool. We send each other notes, letters, and pictures and its nice and more intimate than just texting or talking on Facebook. I recently found out that she is a CPP and has had 2 reconstructive surgeries and all kinds of other things wrong with her. Which is pretty common for Japanese women. Her spine feels like a roller coaster ride it is so jacked up. So I think I am going to tell her I am on MMT in my next letter and I think she will be completely understanding of it and even if it does ruin my chances at a relationship with her it is good to know upfront but I don't think it will effect our friendship and doing the pen pal thing at all.

Hopefully she is understanding and it doesn't change her view of me to much but I am going to put it out there just to see what happens. I have a whole other thread in a different section about the pen pal thing sense I have never done it before that goes into a little bit more detail of everything if you care to read. I think it will end well though either way unless when she becomes a pharmacist and I talk her into bringing me home a trash bag full of the the generic opanas and fentanyl lollipops.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 01:49:31 PM »
rather than refer to drug names, I emphasize the treatnent aspect and call it that.

although I am exceedingly open about myself, I still know that once people know you are on maintenance, they'll still see you as a drug user and consequently you will be feared and misunderstood.

just say "I'm in treatment" if anybody wants to know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline monkey business

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • monkey business is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 21, 2018, 07:07:08 PM
  • Monkey bizz in the houseee
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 09:26:31 PM »
IMO, if you don't think it's going to be beneficial/constructive towards your recovery then there's really no good reason to say anything at all. 

I mean bottom line, when it comes to MMT, your parents are quite simply just wrong. And if they're going to continue to act prejudiced/ judgmental towards a scientifically proven and effective form of drug treatment, then that shit is on THEM, not you. You don't owe them any kind of explanation or "apology" for doing what you needed to do in order to get your life back together.

Either way man, good luck and I hope it turns out well for you.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:31:57 PM by monkey business »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Any and all posts made by user "monkey business" are entirely fictional in nature and bear no connection to any real-life character or characters. Any perceived similarities are entirely coincidental by nature.

Offline Smacky-Doodle 2.0

• All-Around Junker
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Smacky-Doodle 2.0 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 10, 2021, 03:26:07 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 11:26:49 PM »
I made the mistake of telling my parents about me being on MMT.  I thought they would sympathize and maybe be supportive.  BIG FUCKING MISTAKE.  They've never treated me the same since, and I wish I had never let that cat outta the bag.

Make damn sure you really, really are going to benefit from someone knowing.  Some things are best left unsaid.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I often ask myself:  "What would Trevor Philips do?"

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 01:31:53 AM »
Thanks everyone for the replies and the first hand experience you have shared about it. I have decided not to tell the parents, I am on the fence with telling the girl. I may do what chipper said and say I am in treatment if it comes up and try to keep it at that. I am going to wait until christmas to go home in hopes that I am on a higher phase so I have more take-homes. The clinic there is $25 a day and I would have to borrow their car to go each morning. So I am going to wait until the end of the month where I am at phase 2 which is 3 take homes a week. I am going to see if the state will let me take a few more.

I just found out that the state has to approve any extra take homes it's not up to the clinic. I've had clean UA's sense starting MMT in Nov. 2013 and I was on 2 weeks of take homes at a time before getting arrested. I hope that shows in my favor sense I have been able to have that many successfully. The state approved one last month before I got my saturday take homes for a hiking trip. I ended up not being able to go on the hiking trip because of work which sucked because I was really looking forward to it. At least I know that its possible to get one so hopefully I can get my 3 take homes and maybe the state will allow me 2 more and then it won't be an issue.

I appreciate all the replies and info from everyone this was bothering me a lot last month and I have come to terms with it now. I think it is in my best interest to keep it to myself. I figured my parents would of figured out when I stopped sending them how many days clean I had each week. I just hope it doesn't come up and I don't have to decide whether to lie about it. If it does I am going to tell them I am still at treatment there because they know I was getting counseling without methadone when I got out of jail. I hope I can just tell them that because I don't think I would be able to lie about it.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 07:19:46 PM »
I made the mistake of telling my parents about me being on MMT.  I thought they would sympathize and maybe be supportive.  BIG FUCKING MISTAKE.  They've never treated me the same since, and I wish I had never let that cat outta the bag.

Make damn sure you really, really are going to benefit from someone knowing.  Some things are best left unsaid.

yeah but your heart was in the right place. you just hoped for support and understanding that didn't come.

i had the same issue with my folks.

it gets better if you show improvement - advertise !  ::) ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions