dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

• Safer Fentanyl Extraction Techniques 4 0 10 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: Safer Fentanyl Extraction Techniques  (Read 51730 times)

Offline Lolleedee (OP)

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
Safer Fentanyl Extraction Techniques
« on: September 15, 2015, 07:30:27 AM »
Hi, All!! I know most of us are aware of the dangers of extracting fentanyl from patches.  The danger of not knowing exactly how much active drug is extracted, not to mention all the dangers of fentanyl's "thin line between Whoo-hoo and blue" has usually lead me to believe that sharing extraction techniques for patches was a bad idea....until now.

A young guy in my town and his friend tried to extract fentanyl from a gel patch using, of all things, ethylene glycol (antifreeze).  One is dead and one is in a coma on life support with a very poor prognosis.  I have no idea where they got this idea from, but because of this I am rescinding my former position on not sharing safer extraction techniques.

I feel that it is like talking about dosage,,proceed at your own risk, take precautions by not using alone, having narcan available, having one person be a "sitter" etc. 

The reality is that people are going to try to extract this stuff for injection.  I think we should encourage people not to do it, yet provide a SAFER way to do it if they do not heed our warning (ya' know, harm reduction!! ;D)

I know there were techniques over on Opiophile, but those are, I am assuming, lost.  So, if anyone has some real world knowledge here, I think it would be a good idea to put them here.

Somewhere out there someone is googling "how to extract fent gel for IV".  Let's try to provide some solid, harm reductionist principles here.

I can't help but think if these two boys (early 20's..to me they are still boys! I'm getting old!) had searched and found this site, this tragedy could have been avoided!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 08:05:46 AM by chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Jethro

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Jethro is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 22, 2020, 09:56:26 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: Safer Fentanyl Extraction Techniques
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 12:11:38 PM »
Sad report .
     Though it prolly happens a lot.
"I read on the internet . . . sumpthin , sumpthin, "Glycol". . .  this should work".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee (OP)

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 12:30:03 PM »
So true.  I just looked up ethylene glycol and it says on injestion it breaks down into glycolic acid...They probably thought "great, an acid...probably like citric acid...that breaks down drugs, right??"  So fucking scary.  That's why I think a safer technique, with appropriate warnings (ie: DON'T FUCKING DO IT!!!) could potentially save lives.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 03:06:59 PM »
So true.  I just looked up ethylene glycol and it says on injestion it breaks down into glycolic acid...They probably thought "great, an acid...probably like citric acid...that breaks down drugs, right??"  So fucking scary.  That's why I think a safer technique, with appropriate warnings (ie: DON'T FUCKING DO IT!!!) could potentially save lives.

Or they thought acid as in LSD.  You're right though; if they had taken the time to research a bit, they most likely would still be alive and / or well.  Unfortunately there are a lot of impulsive, reckless drug users out there.

As for me, hell, I'd have just been thrilled I had a gel patch and smoked that shit. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline NZniceguy

• Shareholder of Acetic Anhydride. Inc
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • NZniceguy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 14, 2019, 06:58:43 PM
  • New Zealand's finest.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 04:18:28 PM »
Some drugs dissolve in propylene glycol and these guys most likely confused it for ethylene glycol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 08:25:04 PM »
I was gonna post
Some Shit about safe extractions
I really had a love affair with fent

But really just don't fuck with that Shit
I have almost gave myself
The Darwin award
More than once
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Z

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 10:21:22 PM »
Mylan patches break down pretty easy using heat, time and an acid like citric or vinegar.  I would let a patch simmer for an hour in a mildly acidic solution and had good results.  I like the mylan patches because the dosage is consistently spread throughout.  Ie half a patch is half a patch.

The problem with gel is mostly that from my understanding.  The fentanyl can be unevenly distributed through the gel.  Most people squeeze out a blob and smoke it.  If you want to ov it is as easy as gel + acid + water from what I have heard.  Never dome it.  A safetyeasure might be to cook up a whole patch at once and then divide the dosage down.  If you mix it using bacteriostatic water it should stay good for a few weeks.

Opiophile advocated an isopropyl alcohol extraction.  Simmer patch+iso in a double boiler for a while.  Remove patch, let iso evaporate.  You are left with a white dust.  Scrape it and enjoy, or add water and mix.  I had mixed results with this method.  Yes it worked.  10mg of powder, or even worse 2.5mg, is tiny and hard to work with.  I always felt like I lost some, and dosing becomes dangerous.  Measure out 0.5mg of powder, and it is barely anything.  This is a large large dose for many.  I feel like this would work ok for extracting a months worth of patches.  I have also cheeks a patch after iso and had an effect.  It doesn't get it all off.

Ah, cheeking.  The harm reduction gold standard.  Cut your mylan patches, fold it in half sticky side out, and put it up between your gums and cheek.  Just leave it there.  In an hour you will feel okay.  Getting to much effect?  Take it out for a bit.  Need more effect?  Put a piece in the other side.  Pretty much bullet proof.

Another way some do my labs is to put a piece on foil, and put a lighter underneath.  Don't heat it to fast.  Hold a straw over top and sick in the smoke.  Be careful, some of the fentanyl will vaporize before you see smoke.  Best way is to lightly suck the whole time the lighter is there.  Yummy plastic taste too!

Maybe they were trying to make a mix to vaporize in an ecig.  The media often confuses ethylene glycol and propylene glycol.  The used to report that e juice contained antifreeze fairly often.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:27:48 PM by Z »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Fluffhead

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Fluffhead is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 29, 2021, 02:18:39 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 11:26:14 PM »
Got a couple 75mcg mylan patches (non gel) type.  I put a small piece in my mouth but I don't feel shit. I read some about a double boiler and alcohol, I'll kinds of different stuff. Is there anything that is simple  that I could do to help potentiate this.

This is my only hope. I had a severe injury and cannot get off the bed so anything too tricky in the kitchen I would have to ask my wife for which is not an option. If it's something simple like one suggestion was rinsing my mouth out with alcohol   Or another one was something similar to putting it on water and heating it for 10 seconds then drinking the water and putting the pads in the mouth  ?!?

I don't know y'all, anything would help at this point I was really hoping it was going to be the gels. I have stopped shooting so smoking snorting whatever but no needle could be involved even if it was somehow possible.  Any help would be appreciated, I've been on the Internet for about two hours rather not just stick this thing on my fucking arm.  God I miss the phile. Please and thanks in advance.

Sorry if there are typos, I am doing type to text. I am really fucked up in the game rods going through my leg &  surgery on Monday. I ordered the seeds and they fucked up on the shipping they won't be here till Tuesday even though I paid extra for them to be here today everything has gone wrong this is my last chance other than a few perks fives from an asshole doctor. Please & thanks. Will wait as long as I can to hear from you guys
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Catsfordrugs

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Catsfordrugs is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 30, 2023, 03:57:15 PM
  • Welcome, drugs !
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 12:34:19 AM »
 Check Z's post right above yours. He was saying to break down in water with heat and citric or vinegar. I suppose you could dry out the water after that and be left with a small but potent amount of powder. Or divide up the water and just drink it. Just make sure to measure the water and make your calculations based on the strength of the patch (obviously). 

Most importantly, be careful. I know that feeling shitty plus being in pain can lead to some desperation and haste, and that shit can sneak up on you pretty quick. Go from feeling nothing to feeling a lot/falling out, pretty quick.

Anyway, sorry I don't have instructions or a "how to" recipe. Just wanted to point out that Z's post started specifically about mylans. Maybe you'll find something helpful there. Sorry u are having such a shitty time with the pain level and not getting any relief. You should most definitely be able to find some with a handful of fent patched though. Good luck. Hope you get what you're looking for.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DirtyJerzy

• Reputation Power: 12
  • DirtyJerzy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 18, 2017, 03:01:23 AM
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 11:35:10 AM »
I don't know, but personally I always got way higher smoking the gel then I did shooting it.

To be clear, smoking it is dangerous as fuck, as is any ingestion of fent, but I always felt like I got way more bang for my buck smoking patches.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The nail that sticks up gets hammered down.

Offline Fentfiend420

• Scum dog universe
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fentfiend420 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 13, 2020, 12:21:14 PM
  • "Commit suicide infront of loved ones"
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 10:37:21 PM »
When I had a scrip for 75mcg patches,i always smoked the gel when I changed my patch! Got quite good at vaping it pretty well. It's like the crack of opi's. The duration isn't to long. Always liked to rub a little gel on my gums to.

Got to respect the fent though. Thats for sure!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's like a world were you don't fit.
A life you can't live.
Somewhere you can see the food,
But can't touch the silverware.

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 02:13:29 AM »
I found the best was to let the gel dry on its on where it turns into a film and then run that on foil. Tolerance builds real quick though and by the end of our fent run where we basically had an unlimited supply of fent we were running three to four patches at a time. We did have to call the ambulance once during that time though. I won't explain how I came up on those patches but it was about a terrible thing disguised as a blessing. Our tolly was blown through the roof and a few hours after running some fent the sickness was coming on strong. We didn't ever find any reason to shoot the fent even though we were banging everything else.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »
Can't find a good chemical to base out this FENTANYL with.....

Oh wait. Here's some ANTI-FREEZE.

This ought to do it.

?????

I'm truly sorry for the tragedy.... sincerely. I am.

But Jesus Christ.

On what planet would that be even close to a good idea?

I cringe at the idea of what that must have come on like... doesn't it form Xstals in your major organs and bloodstream?

Ugh.... poor folks.

Just goes to show the endless ill-perceived boundaries of safe and efficient, along with how far addicts will take it for a ride.

Rough way to go.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline moterhead

• moterhead is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 05:21:39 AM
  • HR Networking
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 03:33:06 AM »
Hi all! Been checking out the post. For some good
info on fent patch extraction and doses etc, search
4 the PDF.' injecting fentanyl -minamising the odds'.
Its out if oz harm reduction. Cheers MHD.
?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Fluffhead

• SA_Chat+
  • Fluffhead is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 29, 2021, 02:18:39 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 07:28:38 AM »
I posted a long reply on the fent brand topic by accident last night. Shoulda probably gone here. Short version, got some watson 50 gels would like to smoke remainder before trashing. Any tips/tricks on smoking. Last time I feel like I wasted it. Plz & thanks for the help. Message me if ya preffer. Maybe you guys will see them both or I can get Chipper to move & replace. Thanks for any help
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions