dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: I'm going to be a toofless tweaker as 12 (all back teeth) gotta go !  (Read 38777 times)

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Opi-ette is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 05, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
  • “I can resist everything except temptation.”
Re: I'm goung to be a toofless tweaker. 12 (all back teeth) gotta go !
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 10:17:40 PM »
It depends, how long do you have to wait for the procedure? I'd probably hang on to it until/unless you feel fever or major pain/discomfort. you'll need them more then than now. And taking too many anti-b's lessens their effects.

Maybe throw in some hydrogen peroxide with the warm salt water in the meantime.

Eeek!!  A big NO NO NO to the peroxide. It's toxic. Even if you don't ingest enough to hurt yourself, it harms tissue. It's why we no longer use it for abrasions in schools and discourage use at home because it destroys the healthy tissue surrounding the wound.

If you DO end up needing antibiotics, Opi-ette is right re:judicious use. For reason such as MRSA etc. Try to make sure you're given an anaerobic antibiotic (clindamycin or the like) as a lot of tooth infections go down into the jawbone. The bacteria survive without oxygen, so even though clindamycin is stronger & can be hard on the body, it will kill off an infection that would otherwise keep returning.

While you're waiting, if you can try to do salt water rinses a few times every day (even after your incision heals), it may help reduce your risk of infection.

Really hope this gets fixed for you asap :(

Oy veh! My bad!! I grew up on the stuff and had no idea...Chipper listen to S&W and ex-nay the peroxide.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline _Enduser

• Reputation Power: 8
  • _Enduser is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 22, 2019, 09:36:28 AM
  • Lex Produca da Original Ableton Killa
    • My original Productions
Re: I'm going to be a toofless tweaker as 12 (all back teeth) gotta go !
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2015, 03:38:21 AM »
Yo Chipper really consult a doctor on this......The type of antibiotic is also critical because not all antibiotics work for all bacteria; you need to know if the bacteria in your mouth is gram-positive or negative and which one is best indicated for your mouth bacteria as that will be where the greatest risk is etc.

I would follow doctors orders to a T and take the antibiotics they gave you; you don't really have many chances to risk anything when it comes down to such a serious mouth procedure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_antibiotics

Also, I don't understand how you "might need antibiotics" if they were prescribed to you.  Isn't the implication of something being prescribed that you need it?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http://www.soundcloud.com/lexproduca

Please Check out my music!

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 05:45:03 AM »
my A/B requirement is only if the wound gets infected.

the dentist who prescribed said that I don't need to fill the script unless I feel discomfort SHOULD the infection not clear up.

I just don't want to get dry socket because it sounds painful. that means no smoking but I'm going to sneak a couple.

I'm trying to stop smoking but now at day 3, I can't resist and am currently waiting for the cheap tobacconist to open.

Thank You for your concerns, it feels lighter since I chose to share the fall out of a lifetime of amphetamine use.

I was pleasantly surprised to find NO pain from the procedure - even the local shot of "something 'caine" was tightly focused, highly effective and painless. that's a first.

BTW, I couldn't chat like this to a forum full of tweakers and still identify with the "opiate set" primarily because, despite their DOC, opiate users are more my people.

being strung out on stimulants doesn't make for intelligent and stimulating conversation.

despite stims being my drug of choice, I only stick with my crystal using buddy who's a really nice, older dude.

yeah, I doubt that I could hold such a conversation with a tweaker ... love the drug but hate the scene.

... and I especially hate the drug's impact on my dental wellbeing.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:51:12 AM by Chipper »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Seven

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Seven is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 31, 2015, 03:46:16 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 02:14:06 AM »
Just a word to the wize chip, if I were you Id go ahead and at least fill the script anyways even if you dont use them.

Ya never know when you might need some antibiotics around, and they are a God send to habe around when you do need them.

I feel for you bro.  My theeth are in terrinle condition and all th3 brushing and flossing and rinsing in the world didnt help me.  I also got a bunch of not so great back teeth that are still operable and crownable but dont have the money to do so.

I also had the two mising front teeth that I wish I got a marylamd style bridge for, but ended up getting the adjacent ones ground down for the crown bridges.  I couldnt afford to get the permanent ones so I payed ( a fucking lot) to get the temporary ones permanemtly glued in until I could afford the permanent ones. 

Well that day didnt come and I was really happy with having a smile again, until about six months later, the ones I had came unglued when I was eating and I crunch3d down and destroyed them.  So now instead of having the original two missing teeth, I have the two missing teeth and hideous nubs that stained quickly due to the outside of the teeth being ground down for the bridges.

Oy vey!!!  I hate it and really am pretty sure that the iv usage over the years had an absolute big role to play on the terrible condition of my teeth that I have brushed and and flossed and waxed, and still do, religously.

Oh man its really fucking misrable.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2015, 02:48:35 AM »
Not to go against Seven's advice regarding filling the script early, as I agree to having them when you need them, but some do turn toxic when expired. I don't know if this is true for ALL anti-b's but it is for Cipro. I begged my Rhumey to write me up a script for it so I could have it on hand as me and cellulitis go hand in hand and I was getting sick to death of running off to the ER for a drip. I immediately filled the script and found out later on just by obsessively reading that they are toxic when expired.

@Seven I'm sorry to hear about your dental issues as well. Drugs are a MF on dental health, no matter how diligent. The one thing physically I never had issues with were my teeth. I got kicked in the ass with a bunch of other medical issues, but I thanked the heavens the one thing I never had to worry about were my teeth. Well, looks like I'm starting to get the beginnings of some dental issues. Nothing severe but for going so long with zero problems to issues cropping up almost overnight.....its definitely the pills.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Seven

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Seven is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 31, 2015, 03:46:16 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 03:26:29 AM »
Not to go against Seven's advice regarding filling the script early, as I agree to having them when you need them, but some do turn toxic when expired. I don't know if this is true for ALL anti-b's but it is for Cipro. I begged my Rhumey to write me up a script for it so I could have it on hand as me and cellulitis go hand in hand and I was getting sick to death of running off to the ER for a drip. I immediately filled the script and found out later on just by obsessively reading that they are toxic when expired.

@Seven I'm sorry to hear about your dental issues as well. Drugs are a MF on dental health, no matter how diligent. The one thing physically I never had issues with were my teeth. I got kicked in the ass with a bunch of other medical issues, but I thanked the heavens the one thing I never had to worry about were my teeth. Well, looks like I'm starting to get the beginnings of some dental issues. Nothing severe but for going so long with zero problems to issues cropping up almost overnight.....its definitely the pills.

You know, I dont fill scripts too often.  I think I remember some scripts for the lower classed drugs can actually be filled way after their written, if thats the case your right, wouldnt want them sitting around and going to waste.

I actually order antibiotics from a website that makes them "for fish aquariums" and " for birds" as a front.  They are clearly being made for humans and have quality controls in place and also are made in the u.s.

That shit has saved my ass many times.  Love that site.

Yeh, my dental woes are just damned depr3ssing.  The drugs definately take their tolls.

Fucking iving, I really believe is the maine source of my terrible teeh situation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2015, 03:33:07 AM »

You know, I dont fill scripts too often.  I think I remember some scripts for the lower classed drugs can actually be filled way after their written, if thats the case your right, wouldnt want them sitting around and going to waste.

I actually order antibiotics from a website that makes them "for fish aquariums" and " for birds" as a front.  They are clearly being made for humans and have quality controls in place and also are made in the u.s.

That shit has saved my ass many times.  Love that site.

Yeh, my dental woes are just damned depr3ssing.  The drugs definately take their tolls.

Fucking iving, I really believe is the maine source of my terrible teeh situation.

Wow is that right? Good to know! Thanks for passing that along as I'm sure it will come in handy in the future.

What makes you think IVing makes it worse than other forms of ingestion? Just wondering.

PS: I could go on a tirade about dental insurance in the US or the lack thereof...but I think I'll try and keep my BP down for a while  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2015, 04:06:09 AM »
I filled that script quick smart when the night sweats came.

good advice.

I have recovered now -  10 to go.

I am not the kind whose teeth you can see easily so at least it isn't obvious.

thanks for the concern. now i chew like a chipmunk :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 04:57:52 AM »
I filled that script quick smart when the night sweats came.

good advice.

I have recovered now -  10 to go.

I am not the kind whose teeth you can see easily so at least it isn't obvious.

thanks for the concern. now i chew like a chipmunk :)

Yes chipper the chipmunk! I'm glad you filled it and are feeling better. My bad advice Xx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline suboxstitute

• Reputation Power: 12
  • suboxstitute is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 06, 2021, 01:44:25 PM
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2015, 08:02:48 AM »
Awww... so sorry for all of you/us that have dental problems; the pain, the expense - I know.   I tried to take good care of my teeth, but opiates really, really cause dry mouth and if you're already susceptable to decay; well - that's it.     

From time to time when I had money/insurance/etc.  I've managed to have several implants and crowns (like six of them?) plus some back teeth pulled that I could get by without (they were really decayed and had been filled several times, etc.)   

More root canals than I can count.  Have a partial upper denture now, plus three crowns on my front teeth (upper) that I am super careful with - no biting into stuff, etc.

I noticed a big difference when I started using Biotene mouthwash (keeps the mouth naturally un-dry.. much better than any mouthwash with alcohol, etc.)    Since I've been using it I don't think I've had any new cavaties which is a big deal for me.  It's not cheap but it might be worth it vs. the dentist.  Use it a.m. and p.m.   And get those little between  the teeth "proxi-brushes" if you're not good about flossing. 

My dentist always says if you're only going to do one thing with your teeth, floss.  Preferably brush (along the gum line) AND floss... but yeah.  Floss. 

Edited to add:
Love, your DaU Mom
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Jiddu Krishnamurti, Indian philosopher 1895-1986

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2015, 08:48:40 AM »
I have implants too
I had to have my first one
On one of my front teeth
When I was in grade school
And got tripped on the ice by some kid and it broke my front tooth
Then I got hooked on fentynal lollipops
Which made my bottom teeth start to get cavities very badly
Other than drugs
My teeth are one thing I had spent the most money on
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2015, 08:53:52 AM »
Hi Chipper, here I am the stereotypical Brit with bad teeth, here to make you feel better! I have full dentures top and bottom and its not so bad, honest.

I started with a partial denture at the top. I had a fall and lost three top front teeth (yes I was drunk) then my remaining teeth got looser and it was time to say goodbye to them in one foul swoop. Time for full dentures.

I'll be honest they do take a lot of getting used to and with a partial you will automatically still use your natural teeth to chew even though those natural teeth are front teeth and not designed for chewing.

I didn't use My dentures properly till I had a full set. Now I sleep in them (my moth feels as weird without them as it once felt with them) I can eat pretty much everything except bite into an Apple, can still snog (in case you wondered) and they look ok. Photo on profile page.Mine were free on the UK NHS so they are not by any means top of the range. No implants but don't need to use glue.

I was only 41 when I lost all of mine so yours lasted way longer than mine.

Don't beat yourself up. Any questions, give me a shout.

It's just a shame that we live in a society that Puts so much value
On people's looks
You are beautiful in my book poppy always have been.
Dental care is just way to expensive and we put
Such high value on that
When it's proven that a good mouth leads to a healthier life.

@Nick. Yea if you don't have implants then your diet changes to
I don't  know if I could do that because most off my protein comes from nuts.

I know people who are in the grips of agoraphobia. When they came out with that t.v add about what a tweakers smile looked like.

@opioette dental insurance is not a deal at all it doesn't cover shit
Is way to expensive and the deductibles are redickuless too.

Dental care should be free no matter what. It's kinda of a way to keep the classes separated. If you dint have a fabulous smile then you don't get very far in life. Kinda pro argument for burkas for everyone men and women. I wish people were taught to see people for who they are not just their bad habits and dental care.

I don't care for this. maybe Donald Thump will win the election and we can all be ompa lompas with great smile who get judged on what we have not what we do.

This is a great group we have here. We can be ourselfs and not be judged on our looks

@everyone
Me a DoD do talk to each other we just happen to be lying in bed
And posting on the same thread
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:58:34 AM by hero 1 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline Opi-ette

• SA_Chat+
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2015, 09:11:56 AM »
Hi Chipper, here I am the stereotypical Brit with bad teeth, here to make you feel better! I have full dentures top and bottom and its not so bad, honest.

I started with a partial denture at the top. I had a fall and lost three top front teeth (yes I was drunk) then my remaining teeth got looser and it was time to say goodbye to them in one foul swoop. Time for full dentures.

I'll be honest they do take a lot of getting used to and with a partial you will automatically still use your natural teeth to chew even though those natural teeth are front teeth and not designed for chewing.

I didn't use My dentures properly till I had a full set. Now I sleep in them (my moth feels as weird without them as it once felt with them) I can eat pretty much everything except bite into an Apple, can still snog (in case you wondered) and they look ok. Photo on profile page.Mine were free on the UK NHS so they are not by any means top of the range. No implants but don't need to use glue.

On people's looks
Such high value on that

I know people who are in the grips of agoraphobia. When they came out with that t.v add about what a tweakers smile looked like.

Dental care should be free no matter what. It's kinda of a way to keep the classes separated. If you dint have a fabulous smile then you don't get very far in life. Kinda pro argument for burkas for everyone men and women. I wish people were taught to see people for who they are not just their bad habits and dental care.

I don't care for this. maybe Donald Thump will win the election and we can all be ompa lompas with great smile who get judged on what we have not what we do.

This is a great group we have here. We can be ourselfs and not be judged on our looks

@everyone

I feel where you are coming from regarding the looks aspect, but it is also a health issue as well. With poor dental health, it affects the body as well...specifically the heart. There is a connection between the two. So in that regard, it costs more in the long run when things go untreated.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip (OP)

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2015, 09:14:22 AM »
be true to thy teeth, lest they be false to you.

I cannot stress enough that dental health is always threatened by drug use and often yells "user" to many people that make the right guess but shouldn't know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2015, 09:15:57 AM »
THIS GUY?? ¿¿??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

- BulletTooth Tony

« Reply #29 from previous page: September 30, 2015, 09:23:50 AM »

On people's looks
Such high value on that

@everyone

I feel where you are coming from regarding the looks aspect, but it is also a health issue as well. With poor dental health, it affects the body as well...specifically the heart. There is a connection between the two. So in that regard, it costs more in the long run when things go untreated.

That is true Opi-ette
Although rare you can get bacterial endocarditis
Thru dental issues

But
In the society in which we live
If you don't have a damn near perfect smile
You are looked down upon a lot of times

Then
On the other hand
If you do have close to perfect teeth
Like I did thru all of my school years
People can treat you differently too
Especially if you carry yourself with ANY kind of confidence
Some seem to think that you think you are better than others
And label you as a bitch

#firstworldproblems
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

- BulletTooth Tony

Tags: