dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: METHADONE THE FINAL CHAPTER OF OPIATES AND OPIOIDS  (Read 34838 times)

Offline candy

• Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • candy has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 22, 2019, 03:23:09 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
Re: METHADONE THE FINAL CHAPTER OF OPIATES AND OPIOIDS
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 13, 2017, 05:38:04 PM »
Glad to hear that the Methadone is working for you. I'm getting off of it. Have been going up and down on it for a few years and finally decided I am done. I have been going down from 38 mg this time, dropping 2 mg/2 weeks. Haven't experienced any w/d yet, but still have to deal with my chronic illness and problems that come with it. Might be hard to distinguish some symptoms like insomnia, since I suffer from it already.

It never helped my pain and I never got the "glow" people talked about at higher doses. I'm a strange one when it comes to drugs. Never get the same effect most do.

If you are pain free or mostly pain free and not craving opiates then you are doing good.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Harm Reduction...
Enables choices, possibilities, and opportunities without imposing change.

Offline OxyOpanaAlphaOmega (OP)

• Reputation Power: 3
  • OxyOpanaAlphaOmega is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 13, 2019, 05:57:00 AM
  • feelin heroic
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2018, 05:47:38 AM »
Im 22 days completely off all methadone and xanax or any drugs, inpatient for 18days at home last few still in the end stage of acute WD
ANYONE with Q Feel free ? Was on it for almost three years with ten of other opiates prior
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline LadyKalma

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • LadyKalma is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 09, 2019, 05:12:23 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2018, 01:20:53 PM »
Wow, that's a major accomplishment. What made you decide to get off methadone and everything? Did you taper? How long did it take? What was the place you went like, did they give you anything as far as meds, did they do counseling or groups or what? Sorry for all the questions, just interested in hearing more about your experience.

Plus if you're still in withdrawal you might as well distract yourself by talking more about it, right?

Glad you are making your life the way you want it to be.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Badly Drawn Girl

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Badly Drawn Girl is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 13, 2018, 07:24:00 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2018, 04:26:36 PM »
Im 22 days completely off all methadone and xanax or any drugs, inpatient for 18days at home last few still in the end stage of acute WD

Damn, that's quite an accomplishment.  I hope the WD symptoms are lessening. Would be interested in hearing what made you decide to go off the 'done.  Congrats on your hard work, and hang in there!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.

J.K. Rowling

• feelin heroic
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2018, 05:29:37 PM »
I’ll write it up next few days longer post about this
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bl4cklabel

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • bl4cklabel is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:November 20, 2019, 12:33:57 PM
  • The worlds got me dizzy again..
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2018, 04:43:40 PM »
 @OxyOpanaAlphaOmega
Hope you're still doing well!
Looking forward to hearing about your experience.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• feelin heroic
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2018, 12:17:28 PM »
So to answer some questions about the place I went to it was pretty much the best for what you could get it was holistic and medical treatment and they let people smoke and hang out whenever they wanted to,inside and outside in the “campus” think small college but all dope and etoh users.
Private therapy and groups too, ALL DAY LONG. But it was okay 12 step and also “Law of attraction” based
For me
 They did a Suboxone taper for six days and then comfort meds for however long you wanted baclofen elavil trazdone etc

Private room 24 hour nursing staff good food exercise chiropractors acupuncture pretty much anything you would ever expect in rehab including hot ass nursing staff lol

So basically I went through this because I was going to lose my health care and figured now or never

Also I wanted to know my true pain level, opiate hyperalgesia is real and now I know I have chronic pain but it’s not 24/7, it’s actually dependent upon my blood sugar levels ( type 1 diabetic)
I used to think it was all day everyday and now I know it is when my sugar is to high and sometimes when it’s not but still if you can understand I was on meds for so long I didn’t really know what felt like what

Also the “ fear” that pain doctors have recently has been renewed with potus and his war on opiates so I figured why not give it a chance
The expensive cost was also a factor, pain doctors good ones that write know their worth. Think $600 a month but who gets methadone and Xanax written three months at a time with the paper scripts to kept month by month
People who pay that is who.
Anyways I knew that would all be ending soon since I had a fall out with my business partner and was no longer working

So the rehab was great but I left day18 of the 65 day program because my insurance cancelled sooner then expected and would no longer “Authorize “ they do that every 7-10 days the place I went and they got a “no’’ so they discharged me way way early still in withdrawal
They wrote me scripts for baclofen and elavil to take with me home

So I arrive home day 19 after flying home and I’m still sick af
About 2 weeks of hot baths and baclofen NOSLEEP I caved and filled my Xanax and got some medical pot (29%indica)
This allowed me to sleep for a few nights which was a god send, I only used 1-2 mg of Xanax a day...so this was about day 35-40 off methadone and one night my blood sugar was 500 and I was in serious pain, I take my medicine (Insulin) and check my sugar regularly but while I was in withdrawal it was UNCONTROLLABLE almost like the insulin was not working, super bad “Insulin resistance”
Over a month of withdrawal had taken its toll on me.. mentally I failed myself

after a couple more nights of no sleep even with the above meds and pot, I caved again
Went to the ER, immediately I’m seen (Been to hospital like 50 times in my life) and they give me an IVPUSH of dilaudid, BAM I feel NORMAL, they also gave me insulin, zofran, fluids and potassium, what they always do.
They also wrote a small script for me because they said “They know I’ll be in pain again”
I’m well spoken and even though I’ve done a shit ton of ivshots I have no tracks and no one knows in my medical history I’m just a pain patient
So the addict sometimes over rides the logical part of myself, the next day I go into the city and cold cop a new heroin dealer by driving in the worst part of town and asking people, the second person I ask (homeless) I let him get in my car and we go cop, yes I make horrible dangerous choices...but still I’m gonna get what I want
So I get the heroin and some free meth too, do all the H and some meth IV. End up throwing away a .25 bag of crystal meth a couple days into this run because “I’d done my last shot and was gonna quit again”
I had not shot up in almost 2.5 years or so maybe 2 years I’m not sure, the entire time I was on methadone. after being on oxy and opana for pain management before the methadone, I used to shoot the IR MED but once i started methadone which was at first a clinic then from pain management (Crazy rare I know) but so anyway it didn’t stop... the next week or ten days I was shooting h in the bathroom forgetting days and lost the weight I had just gained. I also went through the script on top and all the Xanax, you know RIGHT BACK AT IT. Fml

My family was starting to clue in and I was confused about days and events like anyone who is high 24/7...so basically I told them I had relapsed on the script the ER gave me and I wanted to do methadone or Suboxone maintainance again.

Really I was so pissed off at myself that after years of not using needles except for insulin, that I had been unable to get to the point of not feeling withdrawals, I mean FUCK 35-40 days of that AND my blood sugar making my nerve pain severe... I had enough but still I should not use heroin and DEF not shoot up. I mean come the fuck on. NONE of us should use these drugs. Ever, but we do.

So I’ve been on long term subutex before so I know it’s like baby methadone, with horrible withdrawals that last forever...but tbh I’m a life long opiate addict (Case in point) so to me being on subs or methadone is WAY WAY healthier then shooting Tar, on top of scripts. I’ve chosen to go the sub route as I was able to be seen immediately by them, and I’m pretty sure had I gone back to my pain doctor after the extended absence and pissed fent, heroin, morphine, Xanax, pot, alcohol and meth.... well I’m sure to have had that mark on my medical record.
So I went subs route, the doctor was cash and I didn’t transfer any records or give any releases
which is how I have always done this, filled pain doctors with insurance and medical releases to my past history

Filled subs (NOT AT THE SAME TIME, IVE NEVER USED MORE THEN ONE DOCTOR AT A TIME) off record, cash and of course since it’s been time in between the medication being filled all was legal, gray but legal.

So yeah fuck I failed but it’s not like I didn’t try, I’m not exactly sure nit the night I went to the ER was between day 35-40 and the withdrawal didn’t stop, not for me. I will say the doctors at the rehab told me that because of my endocrine autoimmune disease (Diabetes with neuropathy) that I would face a longer withdrawal then most. Obviously that was true... I really think that had I not been released early from rehab it may of been different so I may after getting insurance again ( high option BCBS like before) return to rehab for the full 65 day period

Many probably ask “ why torture yourself man” well my mom says the same that I should just maintain the lowest opiate amount possible since I truly have severe chronic pain that is not going away, she doesn’t want her son to use street heroin because he has pain and development of addiction also.

BUT I’m wanting to be that guy, the one who makes it off medicine after ten years.
 the one who can control his pain with yoga, Epsom salts, acupuncture and chiropractors and pot.

I know that is a far fetched idea and I know I’m also an addict because simply put pain patients don’t go into the hood to score Heroin, get free meth and do that too just because...
I have both issues, pain and addiction
which came first I am not sure pain or addiction, it really started in ICU with a pain pump after being hospitalized from a serious medical issue called NEUROLEPTIC MALIGNANT SYNDROME from a medication reaction that almost killed me... although I was already in pain management just not “addicted” it took me Years To develop a REAL addiction

So past ten days or so not sure exactly but I’ve been taking 2mg bupe sublingual am, 1mg pm
It’s doing okay for pain but the craving is still there...in my mind I want to come off meds again so I am keeping it as low as I can.

Sorry I could not be an encouragement to others here.. but I’m not going to shoot up and the couple weeks of use in the past couple years was enough to remind me what fast acting opiates are like and how my lifestyle hits bottom rung fast. In the time I’ve been on Suboxone I’ve been able to be a normal contributor to my life and families life... I will be there for myself and for them... im writing this to make it be real...to remind myself that I have more to give and that I respect my body and mind and soul enough to stop heroin, and to not continue down the road I almost took...

Wild life it is for all of us opiate/Opioid users... I have hopes for all of us to find a better way to heal both our physical and emotional pain.

Last thing: a book called “ the secret” get it and read it.
Greatness is inside all of us!

OOAO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2018, 01:06:18 AM »
what clinic starts u at 40mgs? Every clinic i've been to has a max starting dose of 30mgs
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• feelin heroic
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2018, 06:04:55 PM »
Clinic in N GA, they did 30 then 10 more induction.

To catch anyone who follows this up, I’ve been one subutex 2mg for the summer but it’s not strong enough and my body hurts to often, currently have a fentanyl patch 25mcg (to low) but it’s just to try a full agonist again after a half year of buprenorphine. Pain patients rights are all but destroyed and I’m overly exhausted with how this last ten years has gone for me! Just a quick update. Still alive and kicking, professional life is progressing but health is slipping away again, still use diet and exercise and keep the dose as low As I can.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bignasty

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • bignasty is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:September 09, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
  • Reduce Harm, Connect and Educate !
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2018, 03:20:29 AM »
HealtQwest or was it owned by somebody else? The one in the middle of the state in Macon started me out on 25mg's a day for my first 3 days 'cause 1st day was on a Friday and they wouldn't up me for Saturday or Sunday! And I was using a gram of good dope/fent IV a day at the time. I remember being happy just to get to 60mg's a day.

Are you prescribed sub or fent patches or neither? The pain from being on sub definitely made me wanna "control my use of full agonists" but I only followed my scripts of pain meds for about a month or two then I was back to buying extras off the streets. However, if you CAN control your usage and remind yourself that "it's better to be on a low dose full agonist than to be on sub and hurt all the time", you can do it and not hurt as bad and get a better quality of life.

It's all about self control and finding a doctor to at least give you enough to keep you well. I was lucky 'cause I was RX'd 'done for pain so I was never sick when I woke up or anything like that. If I was only RX'd 2 oxy's a day, I might prefer sub since I'd hate to be sick and in pain for 4-6 hrs after each time the OP wears off.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions