dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: METHADONE THE FINAL CHAPTER OF OPIATES AND OPIOIDS  (Read 34834 times)

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:59:26 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: METHADONE THE FINAL CHAPTER OF OPIATES AND OPIOIDS
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 02:18:41 PM »
i remember that when i started to use Methadone and noticed how well it worked to promote sleep.

it only works now with raised doses and at high doses, it can keep me awake like Heroin did.

best if you stay stable and adjust to the dose.

at some point in my life it became my DOC, which was a bad idea.

it works best as a therapy.

Duh !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline OxyOpanaAlphaOmega (OP)

• Reputation Power: 3
  • OxyOpanaAlphaOmega is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 13, 2019, 05:57:00 AM
  • feelin heroic
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 08:58:36 PM »
So I've been maintaining for about two weeks at 40mg
It seems to keep my pain at bay and helps with my emotional stability

I'd assume it's the low dose but I haven't had any side effects as of now

One thing I notice is at the clinic the other members seem ashamed to be here
They all look at the floor and don't want to admit why they are here, Everyone knows though because we are all here for the same reasons, maybe it because I show up in a dress shirt and tie everyday but they seem to get nervous when I'm here, I'm a open nice guy so they will learn I'm not judging anyone, I've been in street clothes homeless so I'm sure I've been worse then most here, it's just an example of how far you can come

I don't plan on coming off the methadone until I can get an intracathral pain pump which will be a while so I'm trying to keep my dose low

I definitely wake up in less pain and it helps my mood too, so far it's been good... If your not in control and shooting opiates I'd recommend this treatment I've suboxone but sun has its benefits too so either is better then losing you life down the drain , and that happens to everyone who uses so it's just a matter of time and it's better to catch yourself before you fall to far down the rabbit hole.

Hope everyone is doing okay today, certainly don't be sick that is the worst for your life, imo anyways

OOAO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Diacetylmorphinefiend

• Regular
  • Diacetylmorphinefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 13, 2016, 05:15:45 AM
  • Let's eat potato chips and watch star trek
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 12:37:27 AM »
Glad it's going well for you! 40mg is a really low dose as far as maintenance goes. That dose shouldn't block other opiates either in the case you needed more pain relief in an emergency.

I take 130mg a day at my clinic. I got that high because I started chasing the buzz when I got to around 60mgs and next thing i know I'm way on up there. It's actually a good thing though because at this dose I know that it's impossible to get high on heroin so I don't waste my money. I also kind of enjoy waking up and going to the clinic as I am unemployed so it gives me a reason to get out. I also really like my counselor, he is always down to chat so I try to take advantage of what is basically free therapy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• feelin heroic
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 04:05:34 AM »
Yes forty is low
I actually don't feel any buzz or high at all, the pain relief is there and my mood is better from that alone so that is nice! But def no buzz at all from the methadone
I was actually surprised because the ten mg pills, Iv shot them (20mg) and felt a high but not the forty mg orally
Strange I'm on opiates for life so I'll either be on MMT; back at the pain clinic or on H so methadone is keeping me stable while i work this new job and show the company what I have to offer

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 05:29:28 AM »
from tomorrow, i drop to 17.5 mg.

looks so little in the bottle but it still is uncomfortable when coming from 20 mg.

I'm going to do this because the cost is prohibitive at 1/4 of my social security benefits.

yeah, my reason for doing it is to be free of the clinic, the UA's and to save money that's best spent on food, petrol and the odd crystal meth. treat.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• feelin heroic
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 03:24:16 AM »
I've been dosing at 60 a day and it's working well for pain and for the addiction control

I'm getting my first take home this week, Saturday and Sunday... Next month I get one more so I'll get Friday, Saturday, Sunday

They are moving me up take home wise the absolute fastest possible

And when I go they ask if it's controlling my pain they don't treat me like an addict which is nice they actually treat me like a pain patient
And since I work and show up in a suit and tie everyday they always bump me up in line and I've never had to wait even more then  15-20 mins

It's been good so far
The place is nice and clean and they seem to respect people there

I'm on the liquid now and probably will get the tablets once I can get take homes. 
I'm also going to take the tests for the ability to get split doses so it will be even more like a pain treatment if I can take 40 in the am and 20 at night after work

So far so good
I'm pretty sure this clinic is very well ran compared to some of the horror stories I've seen and heard of
Then again the clients that give them issues seem to have issues and one like me who follow the rules and cross their T and dot the I, seem to be okay

So first take homes less then a months time, next take home is after the next clean drug test, I'm not even smoking pot so that has to help and they see I go to work every day after the dose so I'm sure they believe they are actually helping someone where some of the people still are obviously in active addicted situations still

I've been there too and I know when they hit the time to change it will happen; I also know sometimes for some people that day never Comes

I'm glad it did for me, I've not been a minute late to work and I can sit through the whole day without an issue of pain nor wanting to shoot opiates up my arm at the first bit of stress or need to escape

Good choice so far

Also not really constipated at all on methadone, only issue I've had is the inability to climax with sex and it's a problem but I'm not sure what to do about it, I'll have to figure that out I guess

Sorry for the tmi it's just how it is!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 12:25:07 AM »
That is all great news I am glad to hear that you are stabling out and everything is going good for you! I got a few questions for you. Do you have to take any groups or counseling sessions to get your take homes? Do they only let you get the take homes if all your UAs are clean? Can you smoke weed or use MMJ? My clinic used to be like yours when I first started you got your first phase (Saturday Sunday take homes) after 30 days and you could get to 2 weeks at a time in a year. Now it takes 18 months and you can't have any missed appointments, doses, or dirty UAs during that time.

When I first started you were only required to goto a counseling session once a month if you weren't on phase one yet then after you got your first phase after 30 days you only had to do one counseling session or group once every 3 months. You also had to take a MMT orientation class to get your first phase but you only have to do that once. They don't make you take it again if you lose your phases and have to start over. They didn't make you do mandatory groups and counseling sessions until I had already gotten to the 2 weeks of take homes at a time.

I lost my phases because I got arrested for a methadone DUI and did a little over a month in jail and had to detox c/t in jail. I then restarted 4 months later, I was still getting counseling there for free with my medicaid after I got out of jail. I was only allowed to get back in within 3 weeks because they had a 6 month long waiting list because my counselor pulled some strings and the doctor made an exception for me.

Now you have to wait 90 days for your first phase, all your UAs have to be clean, no missed doses or appointments, and you have to do 4 orientation classes plus a counseling session your first month. The next 2 months you have to do 2 groups and a counseling session each month to get to phase one which is your Saturday and Sunday take homes. For the next 6 months I have to do one group and one counseling session per month until I get weeklies.

Once your on the phase where you get weeklies or two weeks at a time you get to choose one counseling session or one group per month. It became a lot more strict right after I got to my 2 weeks at a time luckily. I think it had to do with medicaid completely covering all your methadone, counseling sessions, doc apps, and groups so now it is free with medicaid. Before they switched to all the new mandatory groups and stuff It was $60 a month if you had medicaid or Kaiser Permanente insurance which is the only 2 providers they accept.

My Phase one was approved Friday so no more coming in on Saturdays for me! I get to take one less group a month for the next 3-6 months as long as I don't fuck up and miss an appointment or dose or something! I also got approved for a special takeout Wednesday to go on a hiking trip with friends. So this week I will only have to goto the clinic 4 days and hike my first fourteener with new friends. I am pretty happy about it.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Smacky-Doodle 2.0

• All-Around Junker
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Smacky-Doodle 2.0 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:June 10, 2021, 03:26:07 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 12:30:23 AM »
Just gonna echo some of the great advice you've already received.

Stay away from the increases, and keep your dose low if  you don't want to be chained to MD forever, seriously.  That can't be overstated.

Methadone can be a great big blessing if you go about it correctly.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I often ask myself:  "What would Trevor Philips do?"

Offline Snoop

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Snoop is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:February 02, 2020, 11:11:54 PM
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 01:59:35 AM »
I just wanted to touch on some of the finer points made, that are Super Good tid bits of
Advice...

1) DO NOT chase down that warm fuzzy feeling of wellness and euphoria you get during your induction. This lasts two to three weeks tops.

2) Like Opus said..... This shit ain't dope... Its an end game. Or a shot at stability and recovery. I still know a lot of folks that just needlessly double/triple/quadruple dose, get nothing out of it (that I can tell) and then wanna be bailed out asking me for my stuff.

3) Respect the damn shit... Ive cold kicked the stuff twice, both forced. Its complete and utter torture/anguish, and it persists for weeks and weeks on end.

4) Remember that were addicts, and you may have a few backslides, but if you get to a dose where your staying well for 24 hours + try your best to leave dope alone. But dont beat yourself up if you do. Its just part of it.

At any rate, glad you found some peace, and that the MD is helpful with the pain.

Perhaps an indicator of just how potent this shit is...

Ya know?

Take it easy,

Sincere

-Snoop

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline lawyerup

• SA_Chat+
  • lawyerup is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 20, 2022, 07:39:05 PM
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 02:04:24 AM »
You can read some of my posts in the scene threads and some in the seed threads.

Basically I've reached the end of use,I'm a chronic pain patient and I'm in severe pain daily.

I was poisoned by a drug called reglan in 2012 taking this med for gastroparesis

It basically damaged my CNS, leaving me with intractable central pain of the nervous system

I've used heroin, every single pharmaceutical opiate or opiod, and I mean every single one from fent to tramadol. Not one available in USA I have not used extensively.

I've used bth and Ecp too, Drugs I've done them all IV.

I used to be a nurse and had access to many many drugs and also I was in a liberal pain clinic in FL, before the pain epidemic caused the shit to hit the fan.

Well after ruining my life and then regaining it, I'm on the way to recovery

I've got a long way to go and a lot of hard work to follow... But I will get there!

This will be my log of the daily experience

Today I inducted on MMT, 40mg at 830am

I'm going to post everyday here so people can hopefully watch a success story

I'm not a fool and I know I will have troubles but I'm holding out on the notion that with all of you support and my ability to be honest here

I will make this work. It will be a daily log and a daily experience

Today I've felt good, the methadone helps tremendously with my pain and it will eventually help craving too. 
I'm going to work the system to my advantage to be a good husband and a proper member of society

Take care and I hope to inspire anyone else to see the benefits of MMT.

Please take the time to read the scene threads and the seed threads to get a better idea of ME: who I am.
I'll post more later.. Back to work!

OOAO

methadone is def what u make of it. i was a severe gear head for 4 years then went through every pain med on the market for several yrs til i tried low dose methadone. ive been on 40mg for several yrs and it's by far the best for pain and for controlling crvings. i take reglan for stomach issues too but haventhad ne probs with it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline lawyerup

• SA_Chat+
  • lawyerup is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 20, 2022, 07:39:05 PM
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 02:08:41 AM »
Goof luck with MMT.  It has changed my life only for the better.  I definitely agree with Opus and Nick...don't chase the glow!!!!  It doesn't last but a few days and will leave you with nothing but a bigger tolerance!

That said, I don't necessarily agree with keeping doses low.  I understand that what goes up must come down but the reality I have come to realize is that most (though of course not all) who end up on methadone wind up staying on it long term.  I think if you are going to benefit from being on MMT then you need to be on a high enough dose to stop all withdrawal and squelch the cravings.  If your dose isn't high enough to accomplish this, then why bother.  If you are going to do it then you should be high enough to be comfortable (notice I said comfortable...not high!  big difference here!)

Also, I am also a cpp...I have had a failed spinal fusion and I also have RA.  The methadone has helped with my cravings and opioid abuse, but it does NOT help the pain.  When I have very bad flares, I still need opioids and I still have to do other pain interventions( otc painkillers, muscle relaxers, physical therapy, massage, ice etc).  Methadone used for pain has to be taken every 4-6 hours.  The once a day dosing is not going to address all of your pain isues...though you might notice pain reduction for a few hours after you dose.

Good luck with your treatment.  It has been a lifesaver for me.  This is my second time around onMMT.  I have been on it this time for almost three years.  I know Opus has had a lot of side effects but I have been lucky and haven't had any. I hope you find the peace and stability that I have found.

The pain killing effects lasted 10-11hours for me today and the reduction in pain for my entire work day allowed me to come home and handle the residual pain levels afterwards with a much better better mental ability

It's been a good day thus far I'm looking to continue the dose at 40mg

I REALLY appreciate all the replies and all the support!

Thanks again

OOAO

i use it for pain and addiction and i only have to take it once daily. my pain starts flaring after ive been up for 3-4 hrs so thats when i take it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2015, 10:58:25 AM »
slow tapering off ... STILL ! ... dammit !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sprawlnod

• sprawlnod is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 30, 2018, 10:35:41 AM
  • Kuffed
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2015, 12:39:38 AM »

methadone is def what u make of it. i was a severe gear head for 4 years then went through every pain med on the market for several yrs til i tried low dose methadone. ive been on 40mg for several yrs and it's by far the best for pain and for controlling crvings. i take reglan for stomach issues too but haventhad ne probs with it.

It's been the same for me.  I'm a pain patient and was on every opiate they have and when I finally got to methadone, I was amazed at how well it worked for pain.  Of course, I'm taking over 100mgs, so that's part of it.

OP, if you haven't tried it yet, try split-dosing your take-homes.  I find that it holds the pain a lot better because I only get about 12 hours of pain relief out of a dose.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline A_Girl_Has_No_Name

• Reputation Power: 2
  • A_Girl_Has_No_Name is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:August 26, 2016, 12:31:28 PM
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2016, 11:54:25 AM »
Hey, I'm new here but also on MMT. It was pregnancy and the birth of my son that got me truly serious about getting clean. I was already on MMT for about a year when I got pregnant. Having a child on methadone made me feel like the biggest failure of a mother before I even had the child to hold in my arms but now that he's here, and so very very smart and normal and wonderful, I don't regret a thing. It was the right way to go and I didn't want to risk miscarriage by attempting to taper off while pregnant.

I'm still on MMT and will probably be for another year or two but FWIW, don't let anyone but yourself dictate the pace at which you decrease. You don't want to taper down only to wind up right back there three months later. It's like a revolving door at my clinic of people who leave and then come back, which is why I've just stayed. I tried suboxone, cold turkey, the anti-diarrhea stuff, etc. Nothing has been as effective at cutting my use as the MMT, although it did take some time to get to a therapeutic dose because they don't do increases fast enough.

Not sure what the counseling requirements are at your clinic but we have to do at least 3 hours each month at mine. At first, it meant nothing, but as I've gotten to build a relationship with my counselor and have gotten to know and trust my fellow patients in the groups, it's become a really important part of my recovery process and I truly look forward to those sessions each month because it's one place I know I can go and be totally honest about how I feel without being judged. It's cliché but true; most people who haven't been touched by addiction won't and can't understand what going through an opiate addiction (and subsequent withdrawal) is like. They think it's like the movies where you get 3 days of sweating and vomiting into a bucket and then all of a sudden 3 days to 1 week later, you're all better. Now, we all know that's not how it works, but try explaining that to anyone else and they'll just roll their eyes at you and tell you "it's what you get" because you "did this to yourself". The counselors at the clinic know better than that and just having that support from at least ONE person who can also offer you the resources and services you need can make all the difference between success and failure.

I still struggle with total sobriety, but starting MMT was the very best decision I've made for my future because it's been the one and only successful method of treatment that has actually substantially cut back my use and got me to make positive life changes.

But as someone above said, MMT is what you make of it. If you're just using it as a backup in case nothing else comes through that day then you'll probably never get off it. But if you work the program and go at a pace that works for you there's a very good chance that you'll reach your sobriety goals. I really wish you the best of luck and will continue to follow your progress!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• feelin heroic
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2017, 10:32:05 AM »
Well almost two years later and I'm still on 40mg but from a pain doctor now; visit every two to three months
Life is much better, I've got the best treatment I could imagine, very expensive but worth it
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline candy

• Founders
  • Administrator
  • candy has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:April 22, 2019, 03:23:09 PM
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 13, 2017, 05:38:04 PM »
Glad to hear that the Methadone is working for you. I'm getting off of it. Have been going up and down on it for a few years and finally decided I am done. I have been going down from 38 mg this time, dropping 2 mg/2 weeks. Haven't experienced any w/d yet, but still have to deal with my chronic illness and problems that come with it. Might be hard to distinguish some symptoms like insomnia, since I suffer from it already.

It never helped my pain and I never got the "glow" people talked about at higher doses. I'm a strange one when it comes to drugs. Never get the same effect most do.

If you are pain free or mostly pain free and not craving opiates then you are doing good.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Harm Reduction...
Enables choices, possibilities, and opportunities without imposing change.

Tags: