dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: METHADONE THE FINAL CHAPTER OF OPIATES AND OPIOIDS  (Read 34832 times)

Offline OxyOpanaAlphaOmega (OP)

• Reputation Power: 3
  • OxyOpanaAlphaOmega is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 13, 2019, 05:57:00 AM
  • feelin heroic
METHADONE THE FINAL CHAPTER OF OPIATES AND OPIOIDS
« on: August 28, 2015, 02:58:19 AM »
You can read some of my posts in the scene threads and some in the seed threads.

Basically I've reached the end of use,I'm a chronic pain patient and I'm in severe pain daily.

I was poisoned by a drug called reglan in 2012 taking this med for gastroparesis

It basically damaged my CNS, leaving me with intractable central pain of the nervous system

I've used heroin, every single pharmaceutical opiate or opiod, and I mean every single one from fent to tramadol. Not one available in USA I have not used extensively.

I've used bth and Ecp too, Drugs I've done them all IV.

I used to be a nurse and had access to many many drugs and also I was in a liberal pain clinic in FL, before the pain epidemic caused the shit to hit the fan.

Well after ruining my life and then regaining it, I'm on the way to recovery

I've got a long way to go and a lot of hard work to follow... But I will get there!

This will be my log of the daily experience

Today I inducted on MMT, 40mg at 830am

I'm going to post everyday here so people can hopefully watch a success story

I'm not a fool and I know I will have troubles but I'm holding out on the notion that with all of you support and my ability to be honest here

I will make this work. It will be a daily log and a daily experience

Today I've felt good, the methadone helps tremendously with my pain and it will eventually help craving too. 
I'm going to work the system to my advantage to be a good husband and a proper member of society

Take care and I hope to inspire anyone else to see the benefits of MMT.

Please take the time to read the scene threads and the seed threads to get a better idea of ME: who I am.
I'll post more later.. Back to work!

OOAO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Z

Re: METHADONE THE FINAL CHAPTER OF OPIATES AND OPIOIDS
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 03:11:08 AM »
Congrats man.  I hope it goes well for you. 

I usually tell people that methadone is what you make it.  The only thing determining the success or failure is you.  Work hard at it.  Set rules for yourself and follow them from day one. 

Methadone gives you a helping hand, and makes it easier, but you still have to put in the work and time to get clean.  There is no avoiding it really.

That said, good luck man.  Get out there and kick some butt.  You can do this man, and we are right here beside you.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:13:28 AM by Z »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 03:47:14 AM »
After 3 years at the klinik I'm at now (maybe a year or so fucking around with "detoxes" and then finally getting on MMT for the last 2yrs; and this being my 3rd experience with MD kliniks since the very early 90s), I've started to drop. I want back on suboxone (and then probably OFF, but first things first), I'm beyond over this routine, even tho my klinik is pretty rad as far as MD kliniks go, which is a huge reason why I'm still going there. Anyway:

I HIGHLY recommend that you think very carefully about raises. I'm realizing that I've been over-medicated for a long time, and they (the kliniks) will generally give people raises quite freely without much inquiry, but I think it's important to remember: what goes up, must come down; and with MD, coming down can SUCK and it can take quite awhile. It's kind of a drag to make a solid decision that you want to make some serious life changes, but to then face the fact that it could take many months and a ton of discomfort to taper off even a "moderate" dose of MD.

This stuff is no joke and it's not oxy, it's really powerful shit and it may take you awhile to fully realize just how your body will react to it - like much longer to have these realizations than it does to develop a full-blown jones to the shit (about 45 days IME).

It's really easy to take raises in stride and chase a nod on this shit. My advice is to be really honest with yourself about just how much you NEED, and to try and keep your dose as low as possible. It may seem like a gift from your savior at this point, but 5 years from now & long after the novelty has worn off, it might not seem like such a blessing.

FWIW, this last stint I did on MD probably saved me from some *really* bad physical problems, but it's also been causing some bad physical problems. The latter problems aren't permanent and since I've started dropping, they're seemingly getting better; unlike the former probably were, but this shit is truly no joke. I sincerely advise anyone getting on this stuff to listen to the heads who have been on it awhile, and to take this drug really fucking seriously. It's not dope, not even close..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 04:20:21 AM »
"Opus" is totally right. MMT is not to be underestimated,BUT after reading some of your posts I believe it's a viable option for you.

In terms of dosage,it's best to pay no attention to the numbers,go up till you find a dose that you're comfortable on,BUT don't look for a high that isn't there.

Much luck with it. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 08:52:00 AM »
Goof luck with MMT.  It has changed my life only for the better.  I definitely agree with Opus and Nick...don't chase the glow!!!!  It doesn't last but a few days and will leave you with nothing but a bigger tolerance!

That said, I don't necessarily agree with keeping doses low.  I understand that what goes up must come down but the reality I have come to realize is that most (though of course not all) who end up on methadone wind up staying on it long term.  I think if you are going to benefit from being on MMT then you need to be on a high enough dose to stop all withdrawal and squelch the cravings.  If your dose isn't high enough to accomplish this, then why bother.  If you are going to do it then you should be high enough to be comfortable (notice I said comfortable...not high!  big difference here!)

Also, I am also a cpp...I have had a failed spinal fusion and I also have RA.  The methadone has helped with my cravings and opioid abuse, but it does NOT help the pain.  When I have very bad flares, I still need opioids and I still have to do other pain interventions( otc painkillers, muscle relaxers, physical therapy, massage, ice etc).  Methadone used for pain has to be taken every 4-6 hours.  The once a day dosing is not going to address all of your pain isues...though you might notice pain reduction for a few hours after you dose.

Good luck with your treatment.  It has been a lifesaver for me.  This is my second time around onMMT.  I have been on it this time for almost three years.  I know Opus has had a lot of side effects but I have been lucky and haven't had any. I hope you find the peace and stability that I have found.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:59:26 AM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 09:29:54 AM »
chasing a glow is BAD ! it's fucked me up more times than i can remember.

just find the right dose and if you have too many side effects, taper down a little bit at a time - say 10% and you shouldn't feel too much discomfort.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

• feelin heroic
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 10:42:33 AM »
Goof luck with MMT.  It has changed my life only for the better.  I definitely agree with Opus and Nick...don't chase the glow!!!!  It doesn't last but a few days and will leave you with nothing but a bigger tolerance!

That said, I don't necessarily agree with keeping doses low.  I understand that what goes up must come down but the reality I have come to realize is that most (though of course not all) who end up on methadone wind up staying on it long term.  I think if you are going to benefit from being on MMT then you need to be on a high enough dose to stop all withdrawal and squelch the cravings.  If your dose isn't high enough to accomplish this, then why bother.  If you are going to do it then you should be high enough to be comfortable (notice I said comfortable...not high!  big difference here!)

Also, I am also a cpp...I have had a failed spinal fusion and I also have RA.  The methadone has helped with my cravings and opioid abuse, but it does NOT help the pain.  When I have very bad flares, I still need opioids and I still have to do other pain interventions( otc painkillers, muscle relaxers, physical therapy, massage, ice etc).  Methadone used for pain has to be taken every 4-6 hours.  The once a day dosing is not going to address all of your pain isues...though you might notice pain reduction for a few hours after you dose.

Good luck with your treatment.  It has been a lifesaver for me.  This is my second time around onMMT.  I have been on it this time for almost three years.  I know Opus has had a lot of side effects but I have been lucky and haven't had any. I hope you find the peace and stability that I have found.

The pain killing effects lasted 10-11hours for me today and the reduction in pain for my entire work day allowed me to come home and handle the residual pain levels afterwards with a much better better mental ability

It's been a good day thus far I'm looking to continue the dose at 40mg

I REALLY appreciate all the replies and all the support!

Thanks again

OOAO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline nick

• Founder
  • Founders
  • Administrator
  • nick has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:July 22, 2019, 05:49:59 AM
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 11:34:48 AM »
Good stuff and when you get take homes you'll have the freedom to dose for pain as opposed to the once daily for addiction.

After saying that,if you're doing well and stable,no need to mess with that,but it will be an option.

MMT's what people make it.     
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 02:19:06 PM »
Great to hear you had a successful first day!  Wishing continued success and sending good vibes your way! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 02:31:18 PM »
... and for the next couple of days, your dose will accumulate so expect to feel better.

after that, it's about stability ... so give your dose a chance before you think that an increase is required.

it takes a week for you to adjust to a downward dose - she's a slippery thing, Methadone is.

... and it's hard to be patient but if you are, you will ultimately feel "normal".

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

• feelin heroic
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 04:25:42 AM »
I messed up and missed the dosing window for my Saturday and my Sunday take home

Long story short the website and phone system says they are open until 10am on Saturday
I showed up at 9:15 to be told they only dose patients until 9am

I was fairly upset but rules are rules so it's my fault not knowing the rightful times; it's my issue

So I mixed up 1.75 lbs of seed tea and drank 75% of the tea myself; wifey had the other 25%

And tbh I'm high on morphine; I'm surprised but the new UK origin SN Brand seeds are quite potent!

I'm returning immediately to the clinic on Monday AM; for my scheduled 40mg dose, which I like this far and seems to hold pain at bay for about 10hours and the rest of the day seems to help to some degree, it definitely has helped my craving for pain medicine or H, and it seems to be a good option if I can make the most of it.

It's so new that I'm still in the "discovery" phase of this; so I'm not jumping to conclusions that this will help out

I'm looking for a long term solution to needing massive amounts of opiates and this seems to be the option that is most reliable for now.

Keep my job and stability is the key to that so I'm having "high" hopes. ;)

OOAO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 12:57:49 PM »
Good luck with it all and like Z said it is what you make it and if you are determined to stay clean than you can do it. It won't be easy but I haven't used in almost 2 years sense starting methadone. I hope your story is one of great success and that you don't have any major side effects from it. Please keep us updated on how everything goes for you. I would personally like to know what your clinic is like and what state it is in. I like to hear clinic stories and I feel very lucky that I found a clinic whose staff is very nice and understanding. They are also very helpful but still have to go by all the regulations which there are a ton of. So if you have any extra time please inform us about your thoughts on your clinic. What rules they have in place, how take-outs are earned and the time it takes to get them, if your allowed to use weed or benzos and just what you thought it would be like compared to what it is really like. I also like hearing about the people there and how you like it or don't like it overall.

Griffin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• feelin heroic
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 07:45:29 AM »
Started again on methadone 40mg Monday, second dose today was also 40mg

It seems to help with my anxiety and my nerve pain better then oxy or dilaudid has before.

My clinic is fairly chill they follow the rules but it's also a nice place that seems to treat us (users) with respect
They have not seemed rude to anyone or me directly at all so far and also have no pushed for me to go up in dose

They do charge you even if you miss dose, so I lost the two days worth of funds I'd paid for my week oh well my fault for missing the dose

Also they know I'm really a pain patient and seem to want to control my pain more then "treat addiction"
As the doctor speaks to me about "getting pain under control"

They also wanted to drug test me Monday but I had just gone to the bathroom so they simply said "tomorrow then" and then never said anything about it today so that was cool, how relaxed they are about it, I'm clean though so I guess it doesn't matter, first time in ten years that I'd piss clean from everything even pot
I also told them I have benzo scripts but I wouldn't fill them even before I got on methadone
Call me crazy but the 2mg clonazepam makes my panic disorder worse then anything
It used to work but years later it does more harm then good
So my four refills have sat unused since February of this year

Use to be id fill them and eat them all in a week, guess I'm truly over that part of my life
I just don't have any interest

The other nice thing is that the office is a really quite nice place with coffee a nice waiting room that allows you to dose in a private room within 10mins of arrival or less

I also called the day before I inducted and had no waiting period at all, I've heard some clinics takes months to become a patient at, that blows my mind how that would help anyone if you had to wait months!

It seems to be working so far, I get a bit tired at night but it could also be the full work weeks, walking the dog and taking care of my house so I'd rather feel slight fatigue then be in pain

I used to wake up every morning wishing to die feeling so much nervous pain that my hands felt like they were crushed and my legs would rls so bad id void like three times each morning , as well as gastroparesis pain

Now I wake up a little groggy but still very low pain scale
Id say it used to be a 7-8-9 every Am
Now it's 2-3-4

I also sleep soundly and it's strange as I've read the analgesic effect should only last 8-12 hours max but for me it's lastly all day

I guess the activation of the NMDA receptors is helping my nervous system calm down which may just allow my body to handle the residual pain levels after the methadones pain killing effect has worn off, after I get weekly take homes I'm going to split my dose half morning half evening and see if that is even better.

So far it's been working well
Still a lot of ways to go and I'm hoping this turns out to be a God send
I think I caught myself early enough that I may have a chance to repair my life and make a good living
A few more months of pain management and I'd lost this job either being high or being in withdrawal so now this seems to be a good thing for me

I'll keep this log going and I'd like other to share their experience as well, this can be the "my clinic today" log for D&U

OOAO
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Riddick">Riddick

• Banned!
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • <s>Riddick</s> is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 23, 2015, 10:59:01 PM
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 07:59:45 AM »
I like the idea of you keeping a log. Other people can look at it for reference, and if you do well, draw inspiration from it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 02:18:41 PM »
i remember that when i started to use Methadone and noticed how well it worked to promote sleep.

it only works now with raised doses and at high doses, it can keep me awake like Heroin did.

best if you stay stable and adjust to the dose.

at some point in my life it became my DOC, which was a bad idea.

it works best as a therapy.

Duh !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions