dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Buprenorphine Film Tapering to Microdose Methods  (Read 7762 times)

Offline Taytoechip (OP)

• Above average blanket-fort builder
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
  • magical leopluradon
Buprenorphine Film Tapering to Microdose Methods
« on: August 25, 2015, 10:17:13 AM »
I have been on subs since around the first week in February of this year. roughly 200+days.
i've done a slow taper down to about .5mg now They are the 8mg films, so as the dose gets smaller, the size of the piece gets smaller. I already very rarely get the taste in my mouth, i cant imagine going smaller with just this current cut/stick tiny piece under tongue method.

Nark gave me this particular technique. I've yet to try it, Planning to within the next two weeks, but in theory it seems like the best idea overall.

"For micro doses I'd probably dissolve 2mg in a set amount of ethanol, then do some minor math and dose accordingly.  Use it sublingually."

Anyone else have success stories of your own microdose taper/maintenance?

bonus question: on bupe or mdone , do you consider yourself to be clean?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
Re: Buprenorphine Film Tapering to Microdose Methods
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 10:27:21 AM »
Like I said, you could also use water as the solvent.  I only suggested the ethanol b/c researchers used that when dosing subjects in the studies to develop Subutex / Suboxone.

As for whether I'm sober v. using while on SMT:  Yeah, I consider myself sober.  I'm still technically using a drug, but I don't have any negative consequences from it.  I go to a doctor, fill my script, take it each day.  I'm perfectly functional. 

To me it's like a diabetic taking insulin, or someone with high cholesterol / BP taking a med for that.  All of those conditions can be self-caused like addiction / dependence.  Eating a diet high in sugar can cause diabetes in those prone to it.  It irks me when people say maintenance isn't like insulin for diabetics. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline Lolleedee

• La Dee Da Dee Da!
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Lolleedee is now quite familiar.Lolleedee is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 04:52:15 PM
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 11:58:46 AM »
I'm just going to anser the bonus question because I am on MMT.  Yes, I consider myself sober.  To me, being sober has much less to do with the actual substance and more to do with the behavior that goes along with addiction.

I may be taking a substance, but my behavior is sober.  I am trustworthy, honest, responsible in the dealings of my life, emotionally available to my husband and daughter...To me, THAT is a more accurate definition of sobriety.

Of course, in the interest of full disclosure, I still fuck up...not perfect...never gonna' be...and that is a-ok!

And Nark..totally with you on the diabetic/insulin comparison.  The only difference is the substance (them food, us drugs)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:00:34 PM by Lolleedee »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and good with ketchup...

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 11:59:50 AM »
i have never taken bupe but i would aim to jump off at 200-100 mcg.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Taytoechip (OP)

• Above average blanket-fort builder
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.Taytoechip is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 04, 2016, 02:16:36 PM
  • magical leopluradon
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 05:25:40 PM »
Like I said, you could also use water as the solvent.  I only suggested the ethanol b/c researchers used that when dosing subjects in the studies to develop Subutex / Suboxone.

As for whether I'm sober v. using while on SMT:  Yeah, I consider myself sober.  I'm still technically using a drug, but I don't have any negative consequences from it.  I go to a doctor, fill my script, take it each day.  I'm perfectly functional. 

To me it's like a diabetic taking insulin, or someone with high cholesterol / BP taking a med for that.  All of those conditions can be self-caused like addiction / dependence.  Eating a diet high in sugar can cause diabetes in those prone to it.  It irks me when people say maintenance isn't like insulin for diabetics.

I assumed water would also work as the solvent  :P
thats what i'm planning to use anyway
i'll post my experiences
thanks!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions