dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Methadone Side Effects  (Read 26628 times)

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
Re: Methadone Side Effects
« Reply #29 from previous page: October 12, 2015, 07:57:52 AM »
Chops, have you managed to lose your long standing benzo habit ?

I imagine the xanax mitigated the effect of the ibogaine in a significant manner.

ibogaine fascinates me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Opus

• Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.Opus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:May 06, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
  • 110, 100, 90, 80, 76, 70, 64, 60, 58
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2015, 09:05:21 AM »
Ya it's been about a year since I tapered down off the daily benzos, which was a bitch.5. The only thing that made it even remotely tolerable, is that for some reason it didn't affect sleep much, but other than that I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I still deal with issues from that shit, tho I gotta admit to a very occasional mg here and there, but never more than a couple days and then not for weeks and weeks after. Even if I take 1mg after nothing for 2-3mos., I still feel that shit.

*Yuck*

You know that horrid feeling some of us get from shit like chalk & blackboards or styrofoam or teeth/fingernails scraping on shit or whatever? Nasty feeling; imagine that just arising out of nowhere and bad, but for little reason; or from things that wouldn't normally trigger those kind of horrors. That's the kind of extreme anxious reactions that come up in benzo wd. Nasty shit, truly not recommended..

Unfortunately all I gotta do at this point is ask for a xnx if I'm in a bad spot, but I pay for it immensely. I won't miss it when it's gone..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No artist tolerates reality -- Freidrich Neitzsche

The word "republican" comes in the dictionary right after "reptile" and just before "repugnant." -- Julia Roberts

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society -- Krishnamurti

Offline Chip

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • Chip has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:23 PM
  • Deeply Confused Learner
  • Profession: IT Engineer
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 07:15:44 PM »
Chops, that's wonderful news !

opiates and stimulants, i can handle but benzos scare the shit out of me.

the main reason i don't take them hardly ever is because i have followed much of your own trials and tribulations.

i am genuinely happy for you ... funnily enough, someone gave me a couple of Valiums over the last few days ... the first day (10 mg.) was nice, the second day was nice too BUT by day 3, i didn't feel it at all ... scary.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Our Discord Server invitation link is https://discord.gg/jB2qmRrxyD

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 07:22:17 PM »
You know that horrid feeling some of us get from shit like chalk & blackboards or styrofoam or teeth/fingernails scraping on shit or whatever? Nasty feeling; imagine that just arising out of nowhere and bad, but for little reason; or from things that wouldn't normally trigger those kind of horrors. That's the kind of extreme anxious reactions that come up in benzo wd. Nasty shit, truly not recommended.. .
That's Great News Chops! Congratulations!

Getting off benzos is one of the hardest things you can do.

I'll tell you my daily dose but you probably wouldn't believe me.

Unless you need then, stay away kids then Taper Taper Taper
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

monkawat

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 08:13:25 PM »
So Jega- What is your daily dose?

I'll believe you no doubt- I know you have a big benzo habit and am genuinely curious what you're at if you don't mind me asking it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jega

• My height is 3.7m to the 10th power the average radius of a hydrogen atom
  • Global Moderator
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.Jega is working their way up.
  • Last Login:June 21, 2018, 03:41:56 AM
  • Screwed if I ever wake up in Vegas
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 08:53:26 PM »
The last 4 or 5 days;
6mg Alprazolam (Intentionally)
10~mg of Gabapentin (It can get as high as 15 or 20
And here’s the big one. It averages 50mg in a day Flubromazolam in a day.
"They say" 0.5mg equals to 0.25 Flubromazolam.

But I’ve had far too much Triazolam and Florine is more electronegative [In practice and in personal science], and Chlorine is more of an electronegative than bromine (makes it weaker). But as a general rule a 7-chlorophenyl increased potency more than a 7-bromo.

I'd say Flubromazolam 0.10-0.15 in equivalent with .50mg Alprazolam

Luckily I still have most my Xanax left. Wonder why? And Liquid dosed the Flubromazolam, what I never do for once so I have exactly half left to help taper off

I still have almost my Xanax left (wonder why?)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

monkawat

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2015, 12:34:32 AM »
The last 4 or 5 days;
6mg Alprazolam (Intentionally)
10~mg of Gabapentin (It can get as high as 15 or 20
And here’s the big one. It averages 50mg in a day Flubromazolam in a day.
"They say" 0.5mg equals to 0.25 Flubromazolam.

But I’ve had far too much Triazolam and Florine is more electronegative [In practice and in personal science], and Chlorine is more of an electronegative than bromine (makes it weaker). But as a general rule a 7-chlorophenyl increased potency more than a 7-bromo.

I'd say Flubromazolam 0.10-0.15 in equivalent with .50mg Alprazolam

Luckily I still have most my Xanax left. Wonder why? And Liquid dosed the Flubromazolam, what I never do for once so I have exactly half left to help taper off

I still have almost my Xanax left (wonder why?)

So roughly- putting it all in Xanax equivalent or Valium equiv. doses- how much daily are we talking?

And I'm assuming you are talking 10-15 GRAMS of gabapentin a day right? Not mg?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2015, 11:06:49 PM »
Just wanted to give you guys a little update on my weight because weight gain was the biggest side effect I experienced when I started MMT. I have lost 60 lbs sense I got arrested in March of this year. I restarted on the clinic July 1st and have been on 60 mgs sense. The highest weight that I weighed in at was 226 and I just hit 166 yesterday. I lost about 15 lbs in jail then in the 3 months clean I had after getting out I lost another 5. So I started MMT at 205 lbs and got down to 190 by Sept. 1st.

I first started MMT in Nov. 2013 I was on 280 mg by January 2014 and stayed at that dose until I got arrested and was forced to detox with no meds in jail. When I got on MMT after getting arrested and trying to stay clean for 3 months I was at 200 and I am now very happy to say I am down to about 165. I am very glad that I was able to continue losing weight on MMT sense I stopped dieting for the most part in August but I got down to 190 by the time I stopped dieting.

Sense August I have lost another 25lbs and am very happy about it. I think there is a direct correlation with the higher the dose you are on the more susceptible you are to gain more weight. I think most people in MMT will say that weight gain has been a problematic side effect for them and it definitely was for me. I have always weighed around 135 my entire life. In less than a year of starting MMT I gained 90 lbs bringing me up to 225 which is huge for me. I gained about 10 lbs a month. I am only 5'9 and not real stocky I have always been pretty small.

I still eat some junk food and my sugar cravings are back for sure but not as bad as they were when I was on 280 mgs. I cut out all pop and energy drinks, I only drink water now. I try to eat fruit instead of candy, cookies, and ice cream to satisfy the sugar cravings and hardly ever eat fast food. Other than that I don't eat real healthy and don't exercise. I eat a lot of steak, and I am trying to stop eating pasta and pizza(which is hard because I work at a pizza place and get it for free) because of all the carbs.

I plan to start eating healthier again soon sense I recently got on food stamps. In January if I get accepted back into school I am going to make my schedule so I have an hour to work out at their gym on the days I goto school. My goal weight is get down to 135-140 then try to put on about 10 lbs of muscle.

Just thought I would give a little update and see how everyone else is doing and if anyone has any other tips to being healthier. My main goal is to be in good enough shape to be able to snowboard this year. I want to go so bad I didn't go once last year and even though I have only been about 6 times and am not very good yet I love it. I was at the point where I could cruise down the mountain without to much difficulty or falling to often and hope that is where I start up again. I wish snowboarding wasn't so expensive If I get back in school than I can take out a student loan and buy a season pass and get all the equipment that I have always wanted as well as pay off all my debt so I can build my credit back up. It sucks being 25 and having a 520 credit score.

I really wish someone in school would of taught us the importance of not fucking up your credit straight out of high school. They should also have a class on what to do when you get arrested sense it seems they are locking everyone up for everything. There is so much that kids should know about it. Like don't take the first plea deal, do everything in your power to get a lawyer and not a public defender, do not say anything to the police only talk to your attorney. I am sure those 3 things alone could have stopped thousands of people from having criminal charges on their record today.

Everyone should read the book 3 felonies a day it is about how the average american unknowingly commits 3 different felonies each day. I can't believe how people can still be prejudiced towards felons and people who have been to prison. We lock up more people than any other country in the world and it is affecting so many people it's so sad. Well good luck to everyone I hope you guys the best.

I read opus thread about the horrible health problems he is going through that could be attributed to methadone. If anyone has had side effects that came into play after months or years of use please let me know it is something I am very interested in. I am somewhat scared to ask my doctor to test my T levels but I want them checked because it has effected all the males on my dads side of the family and none of them are drug users well except they are all on anti-depressants. I just don't know how to go about asking and why I would need the test. I also have no idea if medicaid covers the test and how much it would cost. Do they just take your blood and send it to the lab and they can tell what your levels are at or is more complicated than that.

On a happy note I just got under the threshold for being over weight!! I went from obese to over weight and I am now at the high end of normal on their scale. I will have to see what my bmi is when I get bored it is probably higher than what the test says because I don't have much muscle even though I am strong.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Griffin (OP)

• Reputation Power: 34
  • Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.Griffin is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 29, 2020, 09:21:12 PM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2016, 08:52:48 AM »
Hey sorry to necro my own thread but didn't feel like making a new one about the same subject. Has anyone found any thing to help with the sugar cravings? I was reading that some nutrient deficiencies can cause sugar cravings and was wondering if maybe methadone is making us absorb less of whichever nutrient that helps us not have cravings. I take vitamins every day already, and try to eat healthier food like fruit instead when I get it but a lot of the time my willpower is non-existent.

Does anyone know if going on a lower dose can help you lose weight or regain energy and motivation and lessen depression? When I started mmt I was 125lbs and have weighed around 135 my whole life, but within a year I was up to 225. When I went to jail last year and was off everything for 4 months I got down to 190, and was able to lose another 10 lbs within the first month I got back on it. I was able to stay at 180 since then but I got on testosterone 2 months ago and it made me feel hungry 24/7 and I gained 10lbs within 3 weeks and haven't been able to lose it back or any weight since then.

!***! Below is a long whining pointless rant about how shitty I feel, and the main purpose of the thread are the questions in the very last paragraph of my post if you don't care to read through all of it. !***!

I have started doing some light workouts and trying to eat healthier but like I said before I have zero will power. The testosterone has given me back a tiny bit of my motivation and energy and is a noticeable improvement over before, but I still have to force myself to do anything. My sleep schedule isn't good I stay awake for 24-36 hours and then sleep for 18 and I very rarely get out of bed, before I wouldn't get out of bed unless it was an emergency and never exercised.

I was also wondering if you guys think I should try taking an anti-depressant? I have been on lexapro, celexa, amitriptyline, wellbutrin, and seroquel, when I was younger without much help. When I was 14 they started me out on them because of my horrible anxiety and slight depression. I had a ton of suicidal ideation and thought it made me worse so when I was 19 I quit and have been against taking them since. Everyone in my family is on them, and I don't know what to do. I am sick of feeling like this 24/7 it's like paws without any of the pain.

Do you think it's worth giving it a try and if the suicidal ideation comes back just scrap it or do you think that if they don't work it will make me worse. I hate being like this I feel like I did before I started taking opiates, afraid to socialize or get out of the house and no inclination to do anything at all except lay here and die, opiates took that all away, but it hasn't done that since I got arrested last year. I am not suicidal though which is something I don't take for granted and don't want the ideation to come back because it was horrible until I started opi's.

I have only told my 2 best friends this but the last day I took an anti depressant I tried to shoot myself in the face and that is why I am so scared to get back on them and why I have always resented the idea. I just want to be alive and be able to roll out of bed it's just I haven't had any motivation to actually do it and I need it.

Do you guys think done could be causing me to feel like this, should I try and lower my dose to find out. One of the bonuses of tapering down and having a smaller dose would be that when I get off probation I will be able to get high off less. If I am still fat when I get off I plan on binging for a month to try and lose as much weight as possible. I am currently on 90 mgs, how low would I need to go to be able to lose weight or stop the depression? Do you think if I was on 50-60mg I'd still be able to get high?

Another reason I think I might be feeling like this is because of my monthly benzo script, its enough for 2-3 days each month, so I take them for 3 days in a row every month that way I don't become dependent. Could that be why I am depressed like maybe I am just resetting the meter and am having paws from benzos that doesn't end because I keep taking them each month.

The past 3 months I have been wanting to quit but I can't say no to a legal high of 30 xanax and 30 ativan for $2 and a 15 minute drive. I can't get my rocks off because of probation and that is my only outlet so each month I tell myself not to and then my refill day comes around and I can't stop myself from making an appointment. I have Zero willpower, to food, to drugs, to get out of bed and I am miserable, but I am not suicidal.

**** Point of the post below ****

Sorry for the long rant, the main jist is should I try anti depressants? who has? what are your thoughts and did they help you? Do you think the monthly 3 day benzo use is keeping me in a permanent state of paws and that I am just resetting the clock each time I take them and my brain isn't doing what it's supposed to because of it causing me to be like this. Do you think lowering my dose will help with what I am going through do you think that by doing so that I will be able to lose weight, and have energy and motivation to leave my bed.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2016, 12:59:04 PM »
Yes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline DirtyJerzy

• Reputation Power: 12
  • DirtyJerzy is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 18, 2017, 03:01:23 AM
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2016, 01:03:09 PM »
Bro sometimes you get so down on yourself. If you had "zero will power" would you be able to avoid dope and all other "illegal" drugs for so long? Yeah if you shoot h, you possibly go back to jail, but fuck that never stopped anyone before.

All I'm saying is quit being so hard on yourself, your a good dude, so what you like to utilize your benzo script to tune out once a month. Fuck I'd say your entitled to at least that with all shit your dealing with.

this too shall pass.

And on a side note I think the peaks and valleys of your T #'s is probably playing a role in how you feel. At least that what it sounds like to me. As someone with experience using test (years ago for bodybuilding), I'd also recommend getting on sustanon. Really balances the fluctuations out.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The nail that sticks up gets hammered down.

Offline Esoteric Anhydride

• I <3 Mods
  • Tech
  • SA_Chat+
  • Esoteric Anhydride has hidden their reputation power
  • Last Login:October 14, 2019, 06:26:54 AM
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2016, 01:10:57 PM »
I'm a week into my first shot of sust 300 and I'm really impressed. Sick as fuck right now and trying to switch over to subs, so gonna wait and see how I respond to that before I do any more test, but shit I'd say the $150 for two bottles was worth the benefit I got from 1 week alone. I needed the help this last week!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Guts

• Reputation Power: 36
  • Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.Guts is working their way up.
  • Last Login:April 25, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2016, 01:21:45 PM »
EA- I've been using a sustanon type blend that's 450 mg per ml... it's indeed awesome :) I like it better than straight cypionate or enanthate.

Griffin - Can I ask what you do for a living? Would you be interested in starting a small business? I have some cool ideas I wouldn't mind sharing with you... stuff that doesn't take too much money to start. I think maybe having something like that could give you a feeling of purpose in life... a reason to get up etc etc. And personally, I'd say no to the anti-ds...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions