dopetalk does not endorse any advertised product nor does it accept any liability for it's use or misuse

This website has run out of funding so feel free to contribute if you can afford it (see footer)

Author Topic: Walmart for SYRINGES  (Read 101834 times)

Offline OxyOpanaAlphaOmega (OP)

• Reputation Power: 3
  • OxyOpanaAlphaOmega is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:January 13, 2019, 05:57:00 AM
  • feelin heroic
Re: Walmart for SYRINGES
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 12:39:17 PM »
Where I live in s. Florida specifically Broward and Dade counties you absolutely must have a script for all synringes, even in emergency situationw any legitimate  pharmacy  won't hand over a few to hold u over, but if u drive 15 minutes north of your house and enter palm Beach county, you can buy your choice of needle and syringe.. stupid county ordinances.. and they had a bix expose about the uptick in aids cases and can't figure out why... hahah they shut down the pill mills and everyone went to herpin and eventually shooting...

Talk to yall soon

Edit: I'm diabetic  aswell as a shit ton of other probs

On time in the keys I had that very problem
Couldn't get anymore then the ten I had and had to reuse those for insulin while I was on vacation even though Walgreens had my insulin on file because of those county laws (dade)
I was shocked to say the least!

It's horrible that they follow some federal laws and then not others, pick and choose bastardized system!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thoms

• "Is a sex God"
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Thoms is now quite familiar.Thoms is now quite familiar.
  • Last Login:May 27, 2018, 01:32:26 AM
  • Welcome to our community forum ...
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 12:10:27 AM »
Well ya cant get 6 ml luer lock barrels at wally world. The internet it is for me. Hopefully never again last night was another "last shot" for the hudreth time but fuck, im trying here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Fear and self loathing in thoms.

Offline Diacetylmorphinefiend

• Regular
  • Diacetylmorphinefiend is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:October 13, 2016, 05:15:45 AM
  • Let's eat potato chips and watch star trek
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 01:11:37 AM »
I have never had a problem buying the 100 count boxes from any Walmart. I have run into trouble trying to just get a 10 pack before from the same Walmart I always got the boxes from for some stupid reason. The law in Alabama is that anyone over 18 can purchase syringes but none of the big chain pharmacys I have found will sell them without a script. It's actually become a big problem since needle exchanges are illegal in the state. I know that Jefferson county which includes the city of Birmingham has one of the highest STD rates in the country. I think it's even worse than advertised especially for Hep c since many residents don't have the means to get tested and it's a largely an asymptomatic infection.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline lilbay21213

• Regular
  • SA_Chat+
  • lilbay21213 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 07, 2018, 08:50:01 AM
  • Our Community Board
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2015, 04:57:27 AM »
Lately stores have been making it up as they go. Even in states that state you just need ID. Maryland used to be that way now though in the burbs where i live the Heroin use has been a growing epidemic according to the powers that be. So now unless you have diabetic prescription you got nothing coming. I do have diabetes so i tend to buy them for my friends because as someone with Hep C i never want anyone to get this shit.

I think it is crazy that when they have a so called epidemic that is when they crack down on addicts buying syringes would that not be the time to allow people to buy them so that we do not have HIV and HEPC numbers growing like crazy again.
Rite Aids 100 box is 11.00 if you have a script for insulin.

Bay
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline suboxstitute

• Reputation Power: 12
  • suboxstitute is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 06, 2021, 01:44:25 PM
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 05:38:03 AM »
Just shaking my head at why ANYONE in a pharmacy ANYWHERE wouldn't want to sell needles, just knowing even the first basic thing about harm reduction. 

What .. they REALLY fucking think that the ability to buy clean needles will make someone shoot up who wouldn't have before???  Oh - yay - I can buy needles now I'm going to decide to shoot up.   

And conversely, if someone CANNOT GET CLEAN NEW NEEDLES what - then that will make them automatically stop being an IV drug user this very instant?     

SOOOOO ridiculous.    So F'd up.  I've never been an IV drug user so I've never been exposed to this level of bullshit.    However, I can relate just a teeeeny tiny amount to uppity pharmacists and personnel from when I was on suboxone.   And I'm like the typical suburban looking mom (which I am, ha ha).  Not one of those "dirty, filthy drug users".   

But God, sometimes they'd look at you once you handed over your script like you were ordering up some poison to kill 10,000 kittens or puppies or something.  And the look would change once they saw the script, so you'd know.  God.   

Whenever someone treated me well or kindly, I'd always look them right in the eye and say "Thank you.  Thank you so much.  This is not easy for me, and I want to tell you how much I appreciate you not making it harder."   

I was hoping that I would reinforce their good behavior.    I'm sorry for all of you that you're trying hard to be safe and these roadblocks are still there.  PISSES ME OFF. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Jiddu Krishnamurti, Indian philosopher 1895-1986

Offline LoneRanger7

• Reputation Power: 5
  • LoneRanger7 is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 04, 2017, 07:24:00 AM
  • Better living through chemistry
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 07:20:11 AM »
^^^ Yes, yes, yes! I hate when you go in to get your sub script and they treat you like dog shit! Like mother fucker I'm doing this so I don't turn into a junkbox!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Narkotikon

• Honest
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.Narkotikon has got loads of potential.
  • Last Login:March 28, 2016, 11:31:11 PM
  • Keeping Them Honest
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 10:30:29 AM »
Just shaking my head at why ANYONE in a pharmacy ANYWHERE wouldn't want to sell needles, just knowing even the first basic thing about harm reduction. 

What .. they REALLY fucking think that the ability to buy clean needles will make someone shoot up who wouldn't have before???  Oh - yay - I can buy needles now I'm going to decide to shoot up.   

And conversely, if someone CANNOT GET CLEAN NEW NEEDLES what - then that will make them automatically stop being an IV drug user this very instant?     

SOOOOO ridiculous.    So F'd up.  I've never been an IV drug user so I've never been exposed to this level of bullshit.    However, I can relate just a teeeeny tiny amount to uppity pharmacists and personnel from when I was on suboxone.   And I'm like the typical suburban looking mom (which I am, ha ha).  Not one of those "dirty, filthy drug users".   

But God, sometimes they'd look at you once you handed over your script like you were ordering up some poison to kill 10,000 kittens or puppies or something.  And the look would change once they saw the script, so you'd know.  God.   

Whenever someone treated me well or kindly, I'd always look them right in the eye and say "Thank you.  Thank you so much.  This is not easy for me, and I want to tell you how much I appreciate you not making it harder."   

I was hoping that I would reinforce their good behavior.    I'm sorry for all of you that you're trying hard to be safe and these roadblocks are still there.  PISSES ME OFF. 

Ditto on SMT discrimination by pharmacists for bringing in a Sub script.  I've had that happen twice over the years. 

The first time was with my first Sub doctor.  He explicitly told me (and my sister; she went with me to my first appointment) that if the pharmacy couldn't fill the entire script, we were to ask the pharmacist for a written note stating that I was owed more.  He said to do that b/c I asked him what happens if the owe me more, but they screw up and say they don't when I come back later?  He said it's my responsibility, and that he wouldn't re-script. 

So my sister and I took the script to the Kroger pharmacy close by.  When we went back to get it, they said they could only fill part of it.  She and I both asked them to write the note.  They said they weren't going to do that.  My sister then explained why we were asking, and that that's what the doctor said to do.  They could call him to verify.  NOPE!  The bitch lady pharmacist said "you'll get them when you get them." 

My sister was PISSED.  She's not an addict, and hates drugs in general.  So when the pharmacist was rude to her, she took it as the pharmacist trying to imply she was just some greedy junkie.  Neither she nor I will ever go back to a Kroger pharmacy to this day. 

The second example involved a Wal-Mart pharmacy.  I had just started seeing my former Sub doctor in May 2012.  He told me to take the script to be filled, them bring it back to the office, and he'd watch me induct.  So I took it to the closest pharmacy around, which was a Wal-Mart a couple blocks away.  I gave them the script, they said it would be ready in 45 minutes (they were busy), so I waited for 45 minutes. 

When I went back up to the window, I asked if it was done.  The pharmacist forcefully gave the script back to me, and in a loud voice said "we don't carry that narcotic here."  Like he was trying to shame me.  I said, you couldn't have told me that 45 minutes ago?  I took the script, rolled my eyes, and left. 

I went to another Wal-Mart pharmacy further away (the one I currently use), and they were kind and filled it with no problems.  I've been going to them for 3.5 years now.  They know me by name, and they always treat me kindly. 

Healthcare "professionals" who do this type of shit should be held accountable IMO.  I put professionals in quotes b/c they're anything but. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Transparency is necessary to ensure decent staff members get elected. Members need to know when staff are misbehaving, so members can be informed voters.

Offline AllNightNikki

• Reputation Power: 2
  • AllNightNikki is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:April 11, 2019, 09:18:57 PM
  • I💙💉💊💉💊💉💊💉💊💉💊💊💉💉💉
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 05:09:30 AM »
When I lived in Vegas I had to buy rigs from WalMart. I was really surprised that there wasn't a NX. But apparently there are a lot of states without NX.
I was just working in Newark,Delaware a couple months ago and they didn't have one up there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
👌👈  SEX
💉💊💉💊💉 DRUGS
💰💳💰💳💰💲💲💲CASH

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2015, 12:35:00 PM »
Well ya cant get 6 ml luer lock barrels at wally world. The internet it is for me. Hopefully never again last night was another "last shot" for the hudreth time but fuck, im trying here.

I've never gotten 6ml, but I regularly get 5ml luer lock barrels for use as a cotton packed pressure fliter for $0.16 each. Even though I don't use them often, I make sure to get a 29 short to screw on in case I get some morphine. But  anyways I don't see why they wouldn't sell something a with a little more capacity.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline theSWPK

• Oxymorphone Overlord
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.theSWPK is working their way up.
  • Last Login:March 16, 2023, 07:00:11 PM
  • Welcome to active addiction!
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2015, 12:36:02 PM »
When I lived in Vegas I had to buy rigs from WalMart. I was really surprised that there wasn't a NX. But apparently there are a lot of states without NX.
I was just working in Newark,Delaware a couple months ago and they didn't have one up there.

Was it the one on Boulder Hwy down from Sam's town?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now fixing in a parking lot near you!

"And you dont know my complexity." - Riddick

Offline Mr.Apothecary

• Regular
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mr.Apothecary is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:December 07, 2015, 03:31:03 PM
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2015, 02:44:29 PM »
My main Walmart used to sell the 10-packs (no problems, questions, log signing, or IDing) but they now only sell the boxes.  The bags were just under $2 each and the boxes of 100 were ~$12.  I've been buying the boxes for a year or so now, and it's actually easier and cheaper.  Still no problems, questions, logs to sign or having to hand over my ID.  My only complaint is that the price is now over $13-- $13.88 IIRC, but that's still 3 extra bags for the money and fewer embarrassing pharmacy trips.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline AllNightLong

• Reputation Power: 15
  • AllNightLong is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:July 04, 2017, 03:34:28 PM
  • Broke but not sick
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2015, 08:28:11 PM »
I only buy my syringes at Walmart. Here in NC I don't have to sign a log or show my ID or anything. I have gone to 3 different ones in the area and never had an issue with them selling to me. The only place in the area that i have had any issue was walgreens. I even had a vile of insulin with me and out of state license and they refused to sell them to me.

On the other hand I have also used the 24 hour CVS, and gone in at 7 in the morning on the way to the dope mans house and they have sold them to me with no shit.

Back when I lived in Ohio I had an issue buying at Walmart one time and it was in a really small town so that may have had something to do with it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Daughter of Dionysus

• HeAd Is The Shit Up In This Bitch
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.Daughter of Dionysus is working their way up.
  • Last Login:August 12, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
  • Don't Laugh, I'm Being Cool
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2015, 11:57:00 PM »
My main Walmart used to sell the 10-packs (no problems, questions, log signing, or IDing) but they now only sell the boxes.  The bags were just under $2 each and the boxes of 100 were ~$12.  I've been buying the boxes for a year or so now, and it's actually easier and cheaper.  Still no problems, questions, logs to sign or having to hand over my ID.  My only complaint is that the price is now over $13-- $13.88 IIRC, but that's still 3 extra bags for the money and fewer embarrassing pharmacy trips.

That's how we do
Buy em by the box
At Wal-Mart
For a lil over $12
No questions asked

But Michigan seems pretty
Liberal
When it comes to needles
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are all curious about
The things
That may harm us

-Federico Garcia Lorca

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!
- BulletTooth Tony

Offline LadyKalma

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • LadyKalma is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 09, 2019, 05:12:23 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2015, 05:37:21 PM »
In Grand Rapids, there is also a needle exchange operating each day of the week in a different location. Its called "Clean Works", and they'll help you with whatever else you need too, like housing info or getting foodstamps info. We've been a few times, as have some friends, and they'll hook it up, give you supplies like antibiotic ointment, cottons, bleach, sterile waters, etc. as well as rigs by the box or by the case in whatever size and type you want. So, once I find that piece of paper with their hours and locations I'll post it cause I cant seem to find that info online, but usually its 6-8pm, and ive only been to one of the locations, on division towards downtown. Like I said, if someone else has the rest of the info feel free to update this or I will once I find it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anti-hero

• Next Level Idiot
  • SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.Anti-hero is working their way up.
  • Last Login:February 10, 2019, 04:20:41 AM
  • Can't get high or you will die or you'll die
    • Head don't give a shit
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2015, 09:29:43 AM »
Think it's Tues and Thurs
After 6.
Don't know if you brought it up
They give narcan out too
Or use to.
And if you donate 30 bucks you get a tee shirt. I got mine.
All the in-laws want to borrow it lol

Also I like b&d better then sure fine.
If you don't get it on the first poke
The sure fine are dull
The b&ds are great if I can't find that vein on the first poke.
They cost twice as much little under 4 bucks for 10.
We usually just but them by the box
But when I can get b&d I would rather them.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:31:19 AM by hero 1 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Scared to death
No reason why
Do one another
To get me by
Think about the things I said
Read the page it's cold and dead

Offline LadyKalma

• SA_Chat+
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • LadyKalma is new on the scene.
  • Last Login:March 09, 2019, 05:12:23 AM
  • Welcome to drugs-and-users !
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 01, 2015, 11:54:02 AM »
Yes, good point. They do give narcan and teach you how to use it and do emergency breathing on someone, if you need to know. I felt strange first time I went to the needle exchange, went back in the room, and the person was offering me all the supplies. I felt overly greedy, but they were pretty much just asking "how much of these do you want" and giving me large handful of everything, cottons, alcohol pads, bandaids, few little bleach bottles, frickn case of points even, plus a few bags of other random kinds of them. I said I didn't live nearby, so I can't go there too often, not too far away either about 45 min. But anyway, after that statement the girl was overly generous with the supplies to the point of making me feel bad, kept saying, oh but you don't live in town..." So it was awesome.

I wish I could see the look on family's face wearing that shirt, and after the amount of stuff they gave me last time I'm making a donation next time I go. SO I may get a chance to see that on my family and inlaws, lol.

I don't know what town you are in, but me and a few friends in my town have been in touch with the people at the Grand RApids exchange about how they set it up, cause we are working on starting something up in my area too. Hopefully, because it's an extremely uptight area that walmart will not sell you needles in. One mom an pop pharm. in our town does, and thats it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions